[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

When you setup again, do you also have to rescan your library, or does it remember your media? Are you sure you have your plex appdata mapped to persistent storage?

It doesn't have to rescan, it remembers all of my media. But the issue is that I have a list of all the old servers still, and I don't know how to remove them.

I just tried setting my appdata folder to use /mtn/disk2, instead of /mnt/user, which allowed me to download all of the metadata.

3 hours ago, saarg said:

The problem of setting up Plex every reboot might be related to your path to the appdata. Try rebooting the container now to see if the same thing happens.

It appears it was solely a result of my appdata folder originally being out of space.

Thanks a lot for the help everyone!

I am  PMS user with PlexPass and use the HomeRUNHD DVR.  Has anyone made the recent update who also uses the DVR?  

Since the last update, Plex no longer sees channels over 207 although over 400 are visible on the HDHomeRun.  None of the HD channels are available so they dont show up in the guide.

I was going to roll back one version but at least one person has now said that doesn't work.  I'm not sure why an old version would no longer work either.

Here is the start of a thread at the Plex Forums.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/272615/plex-media-server-1-7-0-3840-45a6a85f4-exe-on-windows-7-dvr-beta-program-guide-incomplete#latest

I am  PMS user with PlexPass and use the HomeRUNHD DVR.  Has anyone made the recent update who also uses the DVR?  
Since the last update, Plex no longer sees channels over 207 although over 400 are visible on the HDHomeRun.  None of the HD channels are available so they dont show up in the guide.

I was going to roll back one version but at least one person has now said that doesn't work.  I'm not sure why an old version would no longer work either.

Here is the start of a thread at the Plex Forums.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/272615/plex-media-server-1-7-0-3840-45a6a85f4-exe-on-windows-7-dvr-beta-program-guide-incomplete#latest

Try update the firmware on your hdhomerun. I had one when dvr feature came out and couldn't get any hd channels until I updated the firmware.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Try update the firmware on your hdhomerun. I had one when dvr feature came out and couldn't get any hd channels until I updated the firmware.

13 hours ago, bally12345 said:

Just checked, firmware is current.

So Plex was off all night while I was upgrading ad rive.  Today, the channels appear in the DVR setup (unlike last night), and the programing download took MUCH longer (unlike last night but more like it typically takes), but the actual contents of the guide are still very limited (just like last night).

Something changed all on it's own.  No firmware update, no Plex update... but it's still not solved.

I also note there is an update available in the Plex Docker, but not shown in Plex server settings where it usually tells you if there is a Plex update available.  Can someone clarify for me, the difference between an update for the Plex Docker, vs an update for PMS that shows up in Plex?  

29 minutes ago, TODDLT said:

Can someone clarify for me, the difference between an update for the Plex Docker, vs an update for PMS that shows up in Plex?

The container "contains" plex. The container code can be updated but still contain the same version of plex the previous version of the container had.

And with this particular docker (linuxserver.io plex), the container will get the latest plex (or another version if you so specify) each time you restart it, whether or not the container is updated.

You shouldn't update plex from inside the application, but instead just restart the container and let it get the new version.

Just now, trurl said:

The container "contains" plex. The container code can be updated but still contain the same version of plex the previous version of the container had.

And with this particular docker (linuxserver.io plex), the container will get the latest plex (or another version if you so specify) each time you restart it, whether or not the container is updated.

You shouldn't update plex from inside the application, but instead just restart the container and let it get the new version.

I never have manually updated Plex.  Just for my information, isn't there a way to install plex directly (without a docker) using the file you can download from Plex?

If I understand you correctly, a Plex update will not be pushed via the docker, until the docker is updated, correct?

and as to my previous question.. it now seems to have more or less, self healed..  (go figure).

I went into the DVR setup and clicked on the "xxx available" link. This opens the window where you can click on/off individual channels. I think just hit "save" (not cancel) after making no changes.
This forced another Program Guide update and this time it worked.

Capture.JPG

7 minutes ago, TODDLT said:

If I understand you correctly, a Plex update will not be pushed via the docker, until the docker is updated, correct?

An update is pushed to the docker container every week with the latest version of plex regardless of whether there is an update or not. If you don't want to wait you can restart the docker container and pull the latest version of plex.

8 minutes ago, TODDLT said:

I never have manually updated Plex.  Just for my information, isn't there a way to install plex directly (without a docker) using the file you can download from Plex?

What file? I don't think I've ever seen an unRAID app on the plex website.

1 hour ago, TODDLT said:

If I understand you correctly

Don't know how you got this

1 hour ago, TODDLT said:

a Plex update will not be pushed via the docker, until the docker is updated, correct?

from this:

1 hour ago, trurl said:

the container will get the latest plex (or another version if you so specify) each time you restart it

which is basically the same thing wgstarks said:

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

If you don't want to wait you can restart the docker container and pull the latest version of plex.

If you look at the docker code you can see that it actually downloads the specified version from the plex website when the docker is started.

44 minutes ago, trurl said:

Don't know how you got this

from this:

which is basically the same thing wgstarks said:

If you look at the docker code you can see that it actually downloads the specified version from the plex website when the docker is started.

OK.. maybe I didn't read close enough...

.... deserved that ..... :$

1 hour ago, TODDLT said:

It's in their downloads section

LimeTech's recommendation has been to use dockerized apps when available. They run independantly of the unRAID system and any problems with the apps (crashes and such) will not effect the rest of the system.

Also, it won't be as simple as just installing the Plex download from Unraid.  You'll start going down the route of dependency hell.......

Phaze's plugin is the nearest you'll get to that method, but Phaze hasn't been around for a while now.  Hopefully he's ok.

12 hours ago, Squid said:

Plex Inc. doesn't even recommend to install their unRaid specific plugin.  Hence why they have there own "official" docker template available here.

And I don't think it can even be accurately called a plugin. It is just a a .txz that installs from /boot/extra, so cannot be managed like other unRAID plugins.

Docker is definitely the best approach for this application and most others.

I have what's likely a stupid question but since I have no clue on how to accomplish what I want after doing hours of search I will ask any way.

I need unrar installed inside Plex docker container so Sub-Zero plugin can work properly with subtitles. How can I accomplish this and make it stick after docker restart/reboot/stop/start/update?

Appreciate your time.

2 hours ago, chopeta said:

I have what's likely a stupid question but since I have no clue on how to accomplish what I want after doing hours of search I will ask any way.

I need unrar installed inside Plex docker container so Sub-Zero plugin can work properly with subtitles. How can I accomplish this and make it stick after docker restart/reboot/stop/start/update?

Appreciate your time.

Then you need to fork our github repo and build it yourself.

9 hours ago, chopeta said:

Appreciate your time.

Tell us a bit more about the actual problem. Normally Plex plugins are in the Plug-ins folder that should be located outside the Docker container in the appdata share where configuration data for the containers are stored.

On my system that is appdata/Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Sub-Zero.bundle

I am using Sub-Zero myself without problems and installed as described in the wiki: https://github.com/pannal/Sub-Zero.bundle/wiki

Thanks for replying guys.

I have that exactly same setup, however I am helping @pannal with beta testing a development branch which requires unrar to work properly with all souces (I guess some sources have the subs compressed in RAR format). I think @pannal tried to find some RAR tool embedded in python which is not available so installing unrar is a must.

Do you guys see any other solution here besides forking as mentioned by @saarg?

If unrar is becoming necessary for Sub-Zero (which is a official plugin and extremely important for us foreigners) would be possible to @linuxserver.io add it to the docker template?

Thanks once again, your guys are awesome! Loving the UnRAID 6 (my update from v5 was longtime overdue) and the new features, especially the Docker capabilities. Will finally setup some automation tool like Sonaar and CouchPotato using the incredible amount of docker templates currently available.

55 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

It's not an official plugin as far as I can see, or am I looking in the wrong place?  Are there plans to integrate it into Plex?

I am sorry, I think the proper term is "official channel" (not plugin)... you should be able to see it inside the Plex Channel Directory.

Link just for reference: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/186575/release-sub-zero-1-4-27-980-subtitles-done-right/p1

I am asking @pannal (the developer) to better explain in his own words the need for unrar.

Author chiming in.

Some subtitle providers send zips (such as OpenSubtitles) instead of the actual subtitle file.

In some cases (like legendastv), they might send a RAR file. Python handles ZipFiles internally but unraring implies the unrar dependency.

LegendasTV has only been added to the 2.0 branch and release candidates of the new Sub-Zero, and chopeta is a beta tester. That's why he found that out.