[support] rix's Docker Repository

rix

Hi,

first thx for making ripper! Coffee donation arrives new years eve.

I wanted to ask what trick I have to use to enable the WebUI? I already provided credentials in the customization. But nothing happens after that. The log is not showing errors, nor does unRAID provide the "webui" button. Manually going to ip+port via http isnt working too. I want to find out why Some of my CD's are "unknown albums" with nameless tracks. Tried to import Slipknot - Iowa and some others..

23 hours ago, W0nderW0lf said:

Hi,

first thx for making ripper! Coffee donation arrives new years eve.

I wanted to ask what trick I have to use to enable the WebUI? I already provided credentials in the customization. But nothing happens after that. The log is not showing errors, nor does unRAID provide the "webui" button. Manually going to ip+port via http isnt working too. I want to find out why Some of my CD's are "unknown albums" with nameless tracks. Tried to import Slipknot - Iowa and some others..

Glad you like it.

To further assist you we need more info:

What specific tag of the docker image are you running?

What does your log look like (specifically after the "Starting web ui" message?

The tag should be visible in your "Docker" tab, the log is accessible through the unraid UI

I use "latest"

The log is pretty silent. Doesnt mention the webui, although I provided credentials and web path "/"

Here fresh log after update:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init...
[2021-12-19T18:15:53.993562] WARNING: Configuration file format is too old, syslog-ng is running in compatibility mode. Please update it to use the syslog-ng 3.25 format at your time of convenience. To upgrade the configuration, please review the warnings about incompatible changes printed by syslog-ng, and once completed change the @version header at the top of the configuration file; config-version='3.13'
[2021-12-19T18:15:54.887488] WARNING: With use-dns(no), dns-cache() will be forced to 'no' too!;
Dec 19 18:15:54 f9b4ad4fa244 syslog-ng[13]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.25.1'
Dec 19 18:15:54 f9b4ad4fa244 syslog-ng[13]: WARNING: log-fifo-size() works differently starting with syslog-ng 3.22 to avoid dropping flow-controlled messages when log-fifo-size() is misconfigured. From now on, log-fifo-size() only affects messages that are not flow-controlled. (Flow-controlled log paths have the flags(flow-control) option set.) To enable the new behaviour, update the @version string in your configuration and consider lowering the value of log-fifo-size().;
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/ripper.sh...
Using this daily? Please sponsor me at https://github.com/sponsors/rix1337 - any amount counts!
19.12.2021 18:15:55 : Starting Ripper. Optical Discs will be detected and ripped within 60 seconds.

Is there a way to find out, why some disc infos cannot be red? I mean my Slipknot CD is brand new and has not a single scratch and either the album name nor the track names are extracted. Its like 20% of my collection has this problem.

Edited by W0nderW0lf
20 hours ago, W0nderW0lf said:

I use "latest"

The log is pretty silent. Doesnt mention the webui, although I provided credentials and web path "/"

Here fresh log after update:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init...
[2021-12-19T18:15:53.993562] WARNING: Configuration file format is too old, syslog-ng is running in compatibility mode. Please update it to use the syslog-ng 3.25 format at your time of convenience. To upgrade the configuration, please review the warnings about incompatible changes printed by syslog-ng, and once completed change the @version header at the top of the configuration file; config-version='3.13'
[2021-12-19T18:15:54.887488] WARNING: With use-dns(no), dns-cache() will be forced to 'no' too!;
Dec 19 18:15:54 f9b4ad4fa244 syslog-ng[13]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.25.1'
Dec 19 18:15:54 f9b4ad4fa244 syslog-ng[13]: WARNING: log-fifo-size() works differently starting with syslog-ng 3.22 to avoid dropping flow-controlled messages when log-fifo-size() is misconfigured. From now on, log-fifo-size() only affects messages that are not flow-controlled. (Flow-controlled log paths have the flags(flow-control) option set.) To enable the new behaviour, update the @version string in your configuration and consider lowering the value of log-fifo-size().;
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/ripper.sh...
Using this daily? Please sponsor me at https://github.com/sponsors/rix1337 - any amount counts!
19.12.2021 18:15:55 : Starting Ripper. Optical Discs will be detected and ripped within 60 seconds.

Is there a way to find out, why some disc infos cannot be red? I mean my Slipknot CD is brand new and has not a single scratch and either the album name nor the track names are extracted. Its like 20% of my collection has this problem.

Thank you for posting this.

You have noticed a bug. Both versions of ripper (latest and manual-latest) should now correctly display the web UI.

Please pull the updated image before proceeding.

Hi and thx for that quick update.

I got good and bad news.

The good news: The webui is working. and my Slipknot CD and others are now being tagged correctly.

The bad news:  In the Webui the log window is empty and causes performance issue. Tested on chromium and firefox in private mode.

On chrome it crashes after a short while and on firefox nothing happens.

There is no error or warning in the logs. The log under /config/Ripper.log is running. So I guess thats some html related problems.

2 hours ago, W0nderW0lf said:

In that case, maybe a "rolling" log would be a good idea to implement

That log size is insane, creating a unified log with rolling support is not trivial in bash. Ill gladly accept a pull request for that.

I still managed to fix this: using Stack Overflow codeTM the web ui now loads (up to) the last 100 lines from the logfile.

If the log is larger than 1 MegaByte a warning to consider clearing the log is shown as well.

This worked with a file of 400 MB size in my testing, so no more error should show in your case.

Enjoy and show some love for this project, if you can 😉

• 2 weeks later...

I am using a USB CDRW Drive and want to rip Audio CDs. When I put a CD in the drive the log shows following after a few moments: 

eject: tried to use `devtmpfs' as device name but it is no block device

/config/ripper.sh: line 128: /usr/bin/ripit: No such file or directory

The container log shows following: 

06.01.2022 17:04:57 : Starting Ripper. Optical Discs will be detected and ripped within 60 seconds.
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 40
Jan 6 17:04:57 Ryzen cron[44]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Jan 6 17:04:57 Ryzen cron[44]: (CRON) INFO (Running @reboot jobs)
06.01.2022 17:04:58 : Disk tray open
06.01.2022 17:05:58 : Disc still loading
06.01.2022 17:06:59 : CD detected: Saving MP3 and FLAC
06.01.2022 17:06:59 : Done! Ejecting Disk
chown: cannot access '/out/Ripper/CD': No such file or directory
06.01.2022 17:08:02 : CD detected: Saving MP3 and FLAC
06.01.2022 17:08:02 : Done! Ejecting Disk

I changed the out folders a few times and created /Ripper/CD manually in /out - no luck.

The drive also ejects the CD. I read the GitHub page and still I am not 100% clear how to use this container. Any advise? 

Edited by doesntaffect
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I've been having an issue and I'm not really sure if I'm just misunderstanding. I have two separate dvd drives that I'd like to use for ripping, so I've made two containers. Unfortunately, despite the fact that I've changed the parameters in the image config, both images want to rip from the same drive.

In my case, my drives are /dev/sr0 /dev/sg8 and /dev/sr1 /dev/sg9.
I've tried mapping both containers to the full paths I've shown above as well as formatting it the way it's formatted by default.
I've also tried switching it within the .sh file. I'm not sure if that's supposed to work because that's within the container but I still tried it.

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

5 hours ago, NajChris11 said:

Hey guys. I've been having an issue and I'm not really sure if I'm just misunderstanding. I have two separate dvd drives that I'd like to use for ripping, so I've made two containers. Unfortunately, despite the fact that I've changed the parameters in the image config, both images want to rip from the same drive.

In my case, my drives are /dev/sr0 /dev/sg8 and /dev/sr1 /dev/sg9.
I've tried mapping both containers to the full paths I've shown above as well as formatting it the way it's formatted by default.
I've also tried switching it within the .sh file. I'm not sure if that's supposed to work because that's within the container but I still tried it.

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

The Github readme clearly states you need to run one container per optical drive.

On 1/6/2022 at 4:25 PM, doesntaffect said:

I am using a USB CDRW Drive and want to rip Audio CDs. When I put a CD in the drive the log shows following after a few moments: 

eject: tried to use `devtmpfs' as device name but it is no block device

/config/ripper.sh: line 128: /usr/bin/ripit: No such file or directory

The container log shows following: 

06.01.2022 17:04:57 : Starting Ripper. Optical Discs will be detected and ripped within 60 seconds.
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 40
Jan 6 17:04:57 Ryzen cron[44]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Jan 6 17:04:57 Ryzen cron[44]: (CRON) INFO (Running @reboot jobs)
06.01.2022 17:04:58 : Disk tray open
06.01.2022 17:05:58 : Disc still loading
06.01.2022 17:06:59 : CD detected: Saving MP3 and FLAC
06.01.2022 17:06:59 : Done! Ejecting Disk
06.01.2022 17:08:02 : CD detected: Saving MP3 and FLAC
06.01.2022 17:08:02 : Done! Ejecting Disk

I changed the out folders a few times and created /Ripper/CD manually in /out - no luck.

The drive also ejects the CD. I read the GitHub page and still I am not 100% clear how to use this container. Any advise? 

Try deleting everything from the config path.

What version and tag of the image are you using?

The reason I am asking is, ripit has long been removed from the image (replaced by abcde). It is highly likely that you ripper.sh ist too old and needs to be deleted. Ripper should then place the latest version at /config.

Edited by rix
On 1/21/2022 at 2:18 AM, rix said:

The Github readme clearly states you need to run one container per optical drive.

Yes, I understand. I was saying that I made a second container, routed it to the second optical drive, and yet for some odd reason both containers try to read from the first optical drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an example DVDrip.sh ? I'd like to modify some settings for how the mkvs get encoded, but don't know how write this file from scratch. 

I've used rix1337/docker-ripper:latest & rix1337/docker-ripper:manual-latest 

I've jumped in the container and searched for the file, and although I can find abcdef.conf in /ripper I can't seem to find DVDRip.sh.