unRAID Server Release 6.1.6 Available

limetech

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. On the Dashboard Tab there seems to be a new Yellow Icon (With an exclamation Mark) icon in the S.M.A.R.T Status row for array disks. I can see intuitively what this means. However, on my server I had some S.M.A.R.T errors occur when I had a power outage during the initial pre_clear and disk preparation process of the server which had an impact on some S.M.A.R.T attributes. I then conducted all pre_clear and checking activities again which meant that the disks were fine and the errors were a direct result of the power outage. Soo.... are my disks (now that they have had these errors recorded but I know they are fine ALWAYS going to show this warning icon?

What attributes in particular are you talking about.  Also, you can disable the monitoring of any particular attribute either globally or individually for any particular disk (in particular 188 for Seagate Drives)

On both drives the attribute:

187 Reported uncorrect

Is showing a RAW value of "3" for Disk 1 and "8" for Disk 2. Like I said this was a result of the server powering off mid write during a pre_clear when I was prepping the drivers into service. Thus this is what is causing the yellow "warning" status icon on the Dashboard page.

I don't necessarily want to ignore the warnings for the attributes increasing beyond this value as that would require attention. However I would like to ignore the warnings associated with their current value this indicating an "OK" status icon on the Dashboard page.

Perhaps this "ignore current value" (but NOT future increases) I am talking about would be a new feature.

I too would like to see something like this implemented, as I also have non-increasing errors.

1. On the Dashboard Tab there seems to be a new Yellow Icon (With an exclamation Mark) icon in the S.M.A.R.T Status row for array disks. I can see intuitively what this means. However, on my server I had some S.M.A.R.T errors occur when I had a power outage during the initial pre_clear and disk preparation process of the server which had an impact on some S.M.A.R.T attributes. I then conducted all pre_clear and checking activities again which meant that the disks were fine and the errors were a direct result of the power outage. Soo.... are my disks (now that they have had these errors recorded but I know they are fine ALWAYS going to show this warning icon?

What attributes in particular are you talking about.  Also, you can disable the monitoring of any particular attribute either globally or individually for any particular disk (in particular 188 for Seagate Drives)

187 Reported uncorrect

Is showing a RAW value of "3" for Disk 1 and "8" for Disk 2. Like I said this was a result of the server powering off mid write during a pre_clear when I was prepping the drivers into service. Thus this is what is causing the yellow "warning" status icon on the Dashboard page.

I don't necessarily want to ignore the warnings for the attributes increasing beyond this value as that would require attention. However I would like to ignore the warnings associated with their current value this indicating an "OK" status icon on the Dashboard page.

Perhaps this "ignore current value" (but NOT future increases) I am talking about would be a new feature.

I too would like to see something like this implemented, as I also have non-increasing errors.

I have made an acknowledge option for the Dashboard page. This allows the user to acknowledge the current situation and suppress any warnings for that particurlar disk until its SMART attributes change again. The acknowledgement is saved, and re-used when a system restart is done (in other words, once acknowledged, stays acknowledged until a SMART change).

Attached the screen. Clicking on the icon brings up a selection menu as we know from other pages, and if a disk has outstanding alarms, these can be acknowledged from here.

Hope this is useful.

acknowledge-smart.png.1a986b621c1ef01b124f0e03bcac0d5c.png

187 Reported uncorrect

I have made an acknowledge option for the Dashboard page. This allows the user to acknowledge the current situation and suppress any warnings for that particurlar disk until its SMART attributes change again. The acknowledgement is saved, and re-used when a system restart is done (in other words, once acknowledged, stays acknowledged until a SMART change).

Attached the screen. Clicking on the icon brings up a selection menu as we know from other pages, and if a disk has outstanding alarms, these can be acknowledged from here.

Hope this is useful.

This is more than useful, this is excellent. And so quick to implement. Absolutely amazing response. Thank you in advance of me enjoying this feature!

Hope this is useful.

Yeah, very useful, and most welcome!  Thanks for doing this for us.

I just checked for an update to the webGUI pluin, but there is none.  Should I assume this will be included in the next unRAID update then?

either way, thanks again!

I have a Windows 7 VM that is used as a Media Center for my WMC Extenders.  I needed to expand the vdisk image to allow for more TV recording space.  I extended the vdisk image by making the image larger using the VM manager.  I clicked on the name of the VM and changed the Capacity to the new size.  I got the following message on the console.

WARNING: Image format was not specified for '/mnt/cache/domains/MediaCenter/vdisk1.img' and probing guessed raw.

Automatically detecting the format is dangerous for raw images, write operations on block 0 will be restricted.

Specify the 'raw' format explicitly to remove the restrictions.

The VM is working properly, but I don't know if there is a looming issue.

Possible cache pool issue?

Just added a drive to my exiting cache drive for the purpose to create a raid 1 mirror for the pool. On the main page it shows the two devices and free space as expected, but the cache pool status shows no balance found. If I hitr the balance button I can see it run through the blocks and looks like it completes but still shows the "no balance found" status.

Is there a way I can check that it is balanced correctly?

mainpage.jpg.a35f30b4ca7702aeee7df9b7a20c5860.jpg

cachepool.jpg.dac01ea2aa5850c246b41d00f5a40476.jpg

I periodically get these errors in my syslog:

Jan 2 17:40:10 MediaServer kernel: kvm: already loaded the other module
Jan 2 17:40:13 MediaServer kernel: kvm: already loaded the other module

Some research on the net provides this as a reason and a solution:

KERNEL Enable KVM support for Intel processors (CONFIG_KVM_INTEL)
[*] Virtualization  --->
    <*>   KVM for Intel processors support
KERNEL Enable KVM support for AMD processors (CONFIG_KVM_AMD)
[*] Virtualization  --->
    <*>   KVM for AMD processors support
Warning
If both "KVM for Intel processors support" and "KVM for AMD processors support" are set as built into the kernel (*) an error message will appear during early boot
splash. Since the system has only one type processor (Intel or AMD) enabling one or both options as modules (M) will make the error message disappear.

Could this be fixed?  Appears to be a simple fix.

[*] Virtualization  --->
[*] Virtualization  --->
Warning
If both "KVM for Intel processors support" and "KVM for AMD processors support" are set as built into the kernel (*) an error message will appear during early boot
splash. Since the system has only one type processor (Intel or AMD) enabling one or both options as modules (M) will make the error message disappear.

I think its intentional to allow a single kernel to be used across both Intel and AMD based systems.

Better a warning message that can be safely ignored than people having to choice the appropriate download (AMD / Intel) and possibly getting it wrong....

[*] Virtualization  --->
[*] Virtualization  --->
Warning

I think its intentional to allow a single kernel to be used across both Intel and AMD based systems.

Better a warning message that can be safely ignored than people having to choice the appropriate download (AMD / Intel) and possibly getting it wrong....

You didn't read the post carefully.  "enabling one or both options as modules (M) will make the error message disappear."  It's a Kernel compile option that eliminates the message.  It does not lead to two different Kernels for Intel and AMD.  There is no user decision to be made.

Something I have just noticed with unRAID 6.1.6 is the GUI in Safari Version 9.0.2 (11601.3.9) on El Capitan Version 10.11.2 (15C50).

I am not sure if this has been reported before (I did a Search at root of forums and couldn't see something similar) or if it is limited to 6.1.6.

The Tabs where we have Feedback, Help, Info, Log and Powerdown (Button) don't seem to be having their background image loaded. The image changes on Hover Over (to a dark Background) but then when you move the mouse it goes back to no image. Makes the GUI look like it isn't loading properly.

In addition this is the case on Safari on iOS Version 9.2 (13C7f) on both iPad and iPhone.

In Chrome on both Platforms the issue is the same.

See attached images for examples.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-09_at_5_08.25_PM_-_Safari_OSX.png.63b6a97c3fd47ad8c8117775766e0eaf.png

Screen_Shot_2016-01-09_at_5_09.51_PM_-_Chrome_OSX.png.a29956003f4cd09cec309c20aeb8ca6c.png

Screen_Shot_2016-01-09_at_5_09.51_PM_-_Safari_iOS.png.be177e2a50e16b765e8cfe6322793076.png

This happens because of space constraints, there are too many items in the header to fit.

CA offers the possibility to move some menu items under Settings and thus freeing up space in the header.

Alternatively you can disable the "Array Utilization Indicator" which will also free up enough space.

This happens because of space constraints, there are too many items in the header to fit.

CA offers the possibility to move some menu items under Settings and thus freeing up space in the header.

Alternatively you can disable the "Array Utilization Indicator" which will also free up enough space.

Thats awesome. As I don't utilise Users and Security on my network I used the option under CA to "Replace Users Menu with AppStore" and now everything is looking great again! Plus its nice to get rid of a tab I never use too!

Nearly 6pm here in VIC, AUS. Time for a wine! :)

Thank you.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-09_at_5_49.11_PM.png.8fbc410c2544e96c40f0448afe2eac1c.png

Thats awesome. As I don't utilise Users and Security on my network I used the option under CA to "Replace Users Menu with AppStore" and now everything is looking great again! Plus its nice to get rid of a tab I never use too!

Nearly 6pm here in VIC, AUS. Time for a wine! :)

Thank you.

Time for breakfast over here in NL. Cheers!

I am seeing this in my LOG - ntp seems fine just not sure what this error is telling me:

Jan 11 09:46:17 MJMS logger: Stopping NTP daemon...

Jan 11 09:46:18 MJMS ntpd[13749]: ntpd [email protected] Thu Oct 22 16:52:47 UTC 2015 (1): Starting

Jan 11 09:46:18 MJMS ntpd[13749]: Command line: /usr/sbin/ntpd -g -p /var/run/ntpd.pid

Jan 11 09:46:18 MJMS logger: Starting NTP daemon:  /usr/sbin/ntpd -g

Jan 11 09:46:18 MJMS ntpd[13753]: proto: precision = 0.085 usec (-23)

Jan 11 09:46:18 MJMS ntpd[13753]: restrict default: KOD does nothing without LIMITED.

Jan 11 09:46:18 MJMS ntpd[13753]: Listen and drop on 0 v4wildcard 0.0.0.0:123

Jan 11 09:46:18 MJMS ntpd[13753]: Listen normally on 1 lo 127.0.0.1:123

Jan 11 09:46:18 MJMS ntpd[13753]: Listen normally on 2 br0 10.10.10.2:123

Jan 11 09:46:18 MJMS ntpd[13753]: Listen normally on 3 docker0 172.17.42.1:123

Jan 11 09:46:18 MJMS ntpd[13753]: Listening on routing socket on fd #20 for interface updates

Jan 11 09:52:05 MJMS ntpd[13753]: kernel reports TIME_ERROR: 0x2041: Clock Unsynchronized

root@MJMS:~# ntpq -p

remote          refid      st t when poll reach  delay  offset  jitter

==============================================================================

LOCAL(0)        .LOCL.          10 l    -  64    0    0.000    0.000  0.000

+208.53.158.34 ( 173.230.149.23  3 u    1  64  377  32.242  -1.951  3.552

+a1.pcloud.com  18.26.4.105      2 u  65  64  377  67.147  -17.894  3.575

*time-c.timefreq .ACTS.          1 u    1  64  377  53.834  -8.056  1.756