unRAID Server Release 6.1.6 Available

limetech

Had an issue only since this release, my cache drive is not staying mounted during reboot. Can stop the array, remount it and start it and its all good. Stop array, reboot and it drops out again.

If you’re using chrome try doing it once with another browser, do the whole procedure, stop array, assign cache, start array, stop array and reboot, from now on you can change back to using chrome.

PS: In recent releases this happens to me most times I add a cache disk using chrome, adding array devices works, no add blocks or other chrome add-ons in use.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had an issue only since this release, my cache drive is not staying mounted during reboot. Can stop the array, remount it and start it and its all good. Stop array, reboot and it drops out again.

If you’re using chrome try doing it once with another browser, do the whole procedure, stop array, assign cache, start array, stop array and reboot, from now on you can change back to using chrome.

PS: In recent releases this happens to me most times I add a cache disk using chrome, adding array devices works, no add blocks or other chrome add-ons in use.

I am using chrome, thanks for the headsup i'll try it shortly.

If I update to 6.1.6 which hot fix file do I need to install?

See a few posts back.

Note, it isn't mandatory, unless you prefer to see proper display of the parity check dates.

Thanks. Copy the file to the "Extras" folder?

You can if you want automatic installation upon system start (don't forget to remove this once a new version of unRAID is out).

Hello All and Merry Christmas,

I have just successfully updated to 6.1.6 on my Backup Server. All went well as has been the case since the Web GUI update method was released.

Interesting changes to the Master WEB GUI template have been made. So I have a few questions:

1. On the Dashboard Tab there seems to be a new Yellow Icon (With an exclamation Mark) icon in the S.M.A.R.T Status row for array disks. I can see intuitively what this means. However, on my server I had some S.M.A.R.T errors occur when I had a power outage during the initial pre_clear and disk preparation process of the server which had an impact on some S.M.A.R.T attributes. I then conducted all pre_clear and checking activities again which meant that the disks were fine and the errors were a direct result of the power outage. Soo.... are my disks (now that they have had these errors recorded but I know they are fine ALWAYS going to show this warning icon?

2. The App Store Tab. I find the use of the word "Store" interesting. I understand the switch to the "App's" buzzword as this is what people understand at the moment. However I would like to know if this is a prelude to a "Pay for Apps" system. In short does LT have ANY plans/thoughts to implement a true store where by users will have to pay for additional apps / features??

I have just successfully updated to 6.1.6 on my Backup Server. All went well as has been the case since the Web GUI update method was released.

Interesting changes to the Master WEB GUI template have been made. So I have a few questions:

1. On the Dashboard Tab there seems to be a new Yellow Icon (With an exclamation Mark) icon in the S.M.A.R.T Status row for array disks. I can see intuitively what this means. However, on my server I had some S.M.A.R.T errors occur when I had a power outage during the initial pre_clear and disk preparation process of the server which had an impact on some S.M.A.R.T attributes. I then conducted all pre_clear and checking activities again which meant that the disks were fine and the errors were a direct result of the power outage. Soo.... are my disks (now that they have had these errors recorded but I know they are fine ALWAYS going to show this warning icon?

What attributes in particular are you talking about.  Also, you can disable the monitoring of any particular attribute either globally or individually for any particular disk (in particular 188 for Seagate Drives)

2. The App Store Tab. I find the use of the word "Store" interesting. I understand the switch to the "App's" buzzword as this is what people understand at the moment. However I would like to know if this is a prelude to a "Pay for Apps" system. In short does LT have ANY plans/thoughts to implement a true store where by users will have to pay for additional apps / features??

AppStore is purely Community Applications, and has nothing to do with LT.  I thought about calling it SquidPlay for a bit but decided that it didn't have quite the same panache. 

What attributes in particular are you talking about.  Also, you can disable the monitoring of any particular attribute either globally or individually for any particular disk (in particular 188 for Seagate Drives)

On both drives the attribute:

187 Reported uncorrect

Is showing a RAW value of "3" for Disk 1 and "8" for Disk 2. Like I said this was a result of the server powering off mid write during a pre_clear when I was prepping the drivers into service. Thus this is what is causing the yellow "warning" status icon on the Dashboard page.

I don't necessarily want to ignore the warnings for the attributes increasing beyond this value as that would require attention. However I would like to ignore the warnings associated with their current value this indicating an "OK" status icon on the Dashboard page.

Perhaps this "ignore current value" (but NOT future increases) I am talking about would be a new feature.

AppStore is purely Community Applications, and has nothing to do with LT.  I thought about calling it SquidPlay for a bit but decided that it didn't have quite the same panache. 

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. How about "Squidgy Apps" or "Squid Apps" or "Community Apps" or just "Apps"? But either way, App Store works!  :)

How about "Squidgy Apps" or "Squid Apps" or "Community Apps" or just "Apps"? But either way, App Store works!  :)

IMO Dropping store from the moniker implies where you would also manage (ie: uninstall) of which CA by design does not do (only adds functionality -> not duplicate anything already preexisting).  But its purely semantics...

Merru christmas everybody!!

I too really hate the word "store". Store implies a financial transaction. I hate the apple store, microsoftstore etc. Should just be called apps.