unRAID Server Release 6.1.6 Available

limetech

Download

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.

Fixed a few bugs found in 6.1.5.

Also added a version of

make_bootable.bat

that is Windows language-independent.  This was coded up by bonienl who apparently is also a Windows-batch-file ninja as well - though not sure he would want to admit that  ;D  You won't need this for existing installations but will save some confusion when creating new bootable USB flash devices.

Changes:

Version 6.1.6 2015-12-01
------------------------
- flash: incorporate Windows language-independent make_bootable.bat utility
- linux: add kernel option (per user request):
  - CONFIG_DM_SNAPSHOT: Allow volume managers to take writable snapshots of a device.
- webGui: some bug fixes

Version 6.1.5 2015-11-30
------------------------
- emhttp: fix action of 'Parity is already valid' to not initiate correcting parity check following 'New Config'
- pcre: 8.38 (SSA:2015-328-01)
- udev rule: set deadline scheduler for non-rotating disks
- webGui:  Remove external resources from progress pages; eliminates Docker add/update apparent "hangs"
- webGui: integrate bergware changes:
  - Replace Windows Vista logo with Windows 7 logo
  - Disable ComputeAll button when no shares are available
  - Make "empty share message" the same for both disk and user shares
  - Add parity-check history functionality
  - Add disk log functionality
  - Enhanced SMART global and per disk settings

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am having a minor problem.  I am attempting to change the banner picture using the 'Settings', 'Display Settings' and the 'Custom Banner:' option.

I have created a .png file which is under the maximum size (Which is a bit difficult in itself) using Photoshop Elements 14.  I can 'drop-and-drag' this new picture (or click on the default one and use the file explorer) to bring this new picture in.  It will then show as the custom banner.  However, when I click on the apply button, the default custom banner reappears.

What am I doing wrong or is this some sort of bug?

- CONFIG_DM_SNAPSHOT: Allow volume managers to take writable snapshots of a device.

Very intriguing ... what can I do with this. A bit of google hasn't helped yet :(

Ask Peter_sm.  This was added upon his request so he could experiment with LVM and snapshots for VMs.  We have no plans to officially support LVM any time soon, but Peter wanted to experiment with it some more himself and this package is for taking LVM snapshots.  To be clear, LT is not officially supporting the use of that tool, but it was a rather simple request to add, so we added it.  Maybe folks could create an LVM plugin or something.

[/img]

Very intriguing ... what can I do with this. A bit of google hasn't helped yet :(

Ask Peter_sm.  This was added upon his request so he could experiment with LVM and snapshots for VMs.  We have no plans to officially support LVM any time soon, but Peter wanted to experiment with it some more himself and this package is for taking LVM snapshots.  To be clear, LT is not officially supporting the use of that tool, but it was a rather simple request to add, so we added it.  Maybe folks could create an LVM plugin or something.

[/img]

This enable to take snapshot on Logical Volume Manager (LVM), I have set up that on one SSD for some of my VM

There are tons of information out there about LVM  8) below isone link  ;D

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/40702/how-to-manage-and-use-lvm-logical-volume-management-in-ubuntu/

//Peter

Any way to manually edit the (not working in 6.1.5) parity-check log? Would like to retain my most recent. :)

Last checked on Wed 02 Dec 2015 02:45:40 AM PST (today), finding 0 errors.

Duration: unavailable (no parity-check entries logged)

26 hours 15 minutes or so for 8TB

ps. found log file. have these entries:

Nov 18 17:55:55|0|0|0

Dec 02 02:45:40|0|0|0

Dec 2 02:45:40|0|0|0

Any way to manually edit the (not working in 6.1.5) parity-check log? Would like to retain my most recent. :)

ps. found log file. have these entries:

Nov 18 17:55:55|0|0|0

Dec 02 02:45:40|0|0|0

Dec 2 02:45:40|0|0|0

I presume this was one of the fixes for this release.    As for the last parity check (before the upgrade) ... I'd just save a text file on your Windows box (or even on the server) with the info.

Actually also version 6.1.6 has an incorrect parity-check history function (leading zero should be a leading space). The fix didn't fix :-[

For those who want to retain their current parity-check information, please download the hot-fix file attached to this message. Unzip the file, copy the .txz file to your unRAID system and install manually:

installpkg dynamix.hot.fix-2015.12.02.txz

Delete the file /boot/config/parity-checks.log and wait a minute to have it automatically recreated.

Apologies for all inconvenience!

Ps. Hot fix works for both 6.1.5 and 6.1.6

dynamix.hot.fix-2015.12.02.zip

Actually also version 6.1.6 has an incorrect parity-check history function (leading zero should be a leading space). The fix didn't fix :-[

For those who want to retain their current parity-check information, please download the hot-fix file attached to this message. Unzip the file, copy the .txz file to your unRAID system and install manually:

Delete the file /boot/config/parity-checks.log and wait a minute to have it automatically recreated.

So we'll be expecting a 6.1.7 sooner rather than later then...  ;D

... Parity history still not saving:

... Whoops -- so much for that assumption !!

[i assume it was INTENDED to be fixed  8) ]

6.1.5 and 6.1.6 don't provide a lot of confidence in the internal pre-release testing process  :)

If the community is the "tester" they should be marked as Beta's.

Rest assured, testing is done internally, but sometimes things slip through. Anyway this is not a serious bug!

ran it. log file now has just the one entry:

Dec  2 02:45:40|0|0|0

Worked for me.

ran it. log file now has just the one entry:

Dec  2 02:45:40|0|0|0

Is the parity check information still in your syslog and you deleted the old log file?

Yes I deleted old file. There has been a reboot (6.1.6 update) since last parity check so current syslog does not have the parity check finish in it. Previous log backup has this entry:

Dec  2 02:45:40 Tower kernel: md: sync done. time=94538sec

Dec  2 02:45:40 Tower kernel: md: recovery thread sync completion status: 0