We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Mount a usb drive ntfs

Midnight Commander is what I use from unRAID console.

or either Krusader or Dolphin docker applications (or even do it through Windows and the network)

Dockers would be fine but why use Windows and the network for a share mounted with unassigned devices directly on the unRAID server?

I agree, but the question was

Once the plugin installed how do I do?

For example I want to copy the directory "dir1" of usb disk to share "video" of the server unRAID ?

and that is an option

Midnight Commander is what I use from unRAID console.

or either Krusader or Dolphin docker applications (or even do it through Windows and the network)

Dockers would be fine but why use Windows and the network for a share mounted with unassigned devices directly on the unRAID server?

I agree, but the question was

Once the plugin installed how do I do?

For example I want to copy the directory "dir1" of usb disk to share "video" of the server unRAID ?

and that is an option

Correct but you quoted me.  I would expect a windows transfer without using any plugins in unRAID since you are going from a Windows box with the usb disk connected to the unRAID box across the network.  Something I also do quite frequently.

First thank you for your help

I'll clarify my question:

I connect a USB ntfs disk on a USB port of the server unRAID

On the other hand I have my shares on unRAID server, among other "video"

What tool used to copy a directory "dir1" from the USB ntfs disk to the "video" share ?

You can do it locally on the unRAID server using something like the 'mc' (Midnight Command) tool from a console/ssh session at the Linux command line level.  There are also dockers that can be installed to provide a graphical method of file management locally to the unRAID server but I do not think most people bother with this extra complexity.

Alternatively you can do it over the network using your normal desktop file manager on your PC/Mac as the Unassigned Devices plugin will expose the drive as a new share.    However in this case you could just as easily have plugged the drive directly into the PC/Mac and copied it so not sure which you will find more convenient.

• 6 years later...