[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

Hi,

I just tried the latest (0.9.6-3-29) and still seeing this issue, if I roll back to 0.9.6-3-24 it works fine. Happy to try and diagnose if you can point me at logs or something to work with.

Thanks,

Wob

Hi binhex,

Something seems to have changed with the latest update. Any torrent I have with a ratio over 1 is being paused, I have most of my torrents set by ratio group to autodelete at 1.5 or 2.0 but they will not make it as they get paused. I unpause them and a second later they are paused again.

The issue only started this morning when I pulled down a docker update. Is there a log file that will tell me why they are being paused?

Thanks,

Wob

Update: As a test I pulled down binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:0.9.6-3-25 and it is working without the pausing issue. Scratch that, still effects 0.9.6-3-25.

Update 2: OK, I have waiting a bit longer this time, have been running 0.9.6-3-24 for 20min and it hasn't yet pasued them yet, I'll update if it does but that seems to be the version before whatever changed.

no changes from me in regards to plugins, one thought though, have you modified the rtorrent.rc file by any chance and re-enabled the watched section? if so this can conflict with the rutorrent "autotools" plugin, so just double check you havent got this happening. This caused me some headaches as downloading torrents would suddenly just disappear halfway through a download, took me a while to realise these two things are in conflict, i know this is different to your problem but you might want to double check all the same.

Hi, It's still working fine using 0.9.6-3-24, so not sure what has changed, just double checked my rtorrent.rc file and watched section is still all commented out.

# Watch a directory for new torrents, and stop those that have been
# deleted. Note please ensure you disable the "AutoMove" in rutorrent
# otherwise there could be a conflict that can cause deletion
# of partially downloaded torrents.
#execute = {/bin/bash,-c,mkdir -p /downloads/watched}
#schedule = watch_directory,5,5,load_start=/downloads/watched/*.torrent
#schedule = untied_directory,5,5,stop_untied=
#schedule = untied_directory,5,5,remove_untied=

Any other suggestions, or a way I can debug what is pausing them?

Thanks,

Wob

Hi,

I just tried the latest (0.9.6-3-29) and still seeing this issue, if I roll back to 0.9.6-3-24 it works fine. Happy to try and diagnose if you can point me at logs or something to work with.

Thanks,

Wob

Hi binhex,

Something seems to have changed with the latest update. Any torrent I have with a ratio over 1 is being paused, I have most of my torrents set by ratio group to autodelete at 1.5 or 2.0 but they will not make it as they get paused. I unpause them and a second later they are paused again.

The issue only started this morning when I pulled down a docker update. Is there a log file that will tell me why they are being paused?

Thanks,

Wob

Update: As a test I pulled down binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:0.9.6-3-25 and it is working without the pausing issue. Scratch that, still effects 0.9.6-3-25.

Update 2: OK, I have waiting a bit longer this time, have been running 0.9.6-3-24 for 20min and it hasn't yet pasued them yet, I'll update if it does but that seems to be the version before whatever changed.

no changes from me in regards to plugins, one thought though, have you modified the rtorrent.rc file by any chance and re-enabled the watched section? if so this can conflict with the rutorrent "autotools" plugin, so just double check you havent got this happening. This caused me some headaches as downloading torrents would suddenly just disappear halfway through a download, took me a while to realise these two things are in conflict, i know this is different to your problem but you might want to double check all the same.

Hi, It's still working fine using 0.9.6-3-24, so not sure what has changed, just double checked my rtorrent.rc file and watched section is still all commented out.

Thanks,

Wob

hi, i think the reason your NOT seeing this in release 24 is that release 24 had an issue with initialization of the rutorrent plugins, so basically i had some code in the rtorrent.rc file which was supposed to fix the rutorrent plugin system initializing but it didnt always work, if you dont have the plugins initialised then any time based plugins wont work, such as RSS feed, autowatch, automove, scheduler etc, so i ended up being quite aggressive with this and poking the init script every time we do the while loop, and this fixed the issue, i now see the scheduler kick in correctly

side note:- opening up the webui does trigger the init as well, but as this is a headless box i didnt want to have to do this.

however, i think since the issue is fixed and the plugins are initialising correctly its caused a side effect for you, in as much as if the plugins are running then one or more of them is casing a conflict with your queue, probably due to a config change somewhere (im not seeing this issue btw). so in short i think the issue is a configuration based one and not a bug, i think my advise would be step through anything you have configured and maybe backout your change for each plugin one at a time, leave it for a while and see if it fixes the problem, maybe start with any sort of plugin that either monitors ratio or moves files around on completion, these are the ones most likely to be causing you issues.

A quick bit of googling also points at these things for potential causes of paused state torrents:-

1. permissions issue (either with incomplete or completed folder)

2. download path doesn't exist

3. corrupt torrent

none of the above 3 cases really explain why it works with release 24 and not the latest, but i thought i would put it out there incase it triggers something you might of remembered doing.

I'm experiencing that the GUI is unresponsive with this Docker. For instance clicking on "Settings" takes about 5 seconds to load the settings menu - sometimes it's even timing out. In other situations everything is running smoothly. Hardware shouldn't be the issue, as the CPU is not even running above 10%, and i have > 10 GB of rams free.

I have already tried reinstalling, and stopping + starting the container several times.

Any suggestions to this issue?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have just completed a fresh install of the docker to see if I could narrow down the problem. I think my issue is being caused by multiple users. I created a new user and deleted admin but it seems that admin is still used (the folder under share\users is recrated on reboot of the docker). I am assuming it's called via a script somewhere.

Anyway, if I recreate admin and log in, I see the same torrents, but it has its own set of ratios, so I am thinking that is my problem. I think I will just go back to using the admin account.

Do you know if it possible in a multiuser environment to have the torrents only appear under that user?

Thanks,Wob

Hi,

Thanks,

Wob

Hi binhex,

Thanks,

Wob

Thanks,

Wob

hi, i think the reason your NOT seeing this in release 24 is that release 24 had an issue with initialization of the rutorrent plugins, so basically i had some code in the rtorrent.rc file which was supposed to fix the rutorrent plugin system initializing but it didnt always work, if you dont have the plugins initialised then any time based plugins wont work, such as RSS feed, autowatch, automove, scheduler etc, so i ended up being quite aggressive with this and poking the init script every time we do the while loop, and this fixed the issue, i now see the scheduler kick in correctly

side note:- opening up the webui does trigger the init as well, but as this is a headless box i didnt want to have to do this.

however, i think since the issue is fixed and the plugins are initialising correctly its caused a side effect for you, in as much as if the plugins are running then one or more of them is casing a conflict with your queue, probably due to a config change somewhere (im not seeing this issue btw). so in short i think the issue is a configuration based one and not a bug, i think my advise would be step through anything you have configured and maybe backout your change for each plugin one at a time, leave it for a while and see if it fixes the problem, maybe start with any sort of plugin that either monitors ratio or moves files around on completion, these are the ones most likely to be causing you issues.

A quick bit of googling also points at these things for potential causes of paused state torrents:-

1. permissions issue (either with incomplete or completed folder)

2. download path doesn't exist

3. corrupt torrent

none of the above 3 cases really explain why it works with release 24 and not the latest, but i thought i would put it out there incase it triggers something you might of remembered doing.

I'm experiencing that the GUI is unresponsive with this Docker. For instance clicking on "Settings" takes about 5 seconds to load the settings menu - sometimes it's even timing out. In other situations everything is running smoothly. Hardware shouldn't be the issue, as the CPU is not even running above 10%, and i have > 10 GB of rams free.

I have already tried reinstalling, and stopping + starting the container several times.

Any suggestions to this issue?

im not seeing this tbh, i can access the settings menu and it responds fairly quickly, showing the menu in under a second, the only time i get any sort of timeout issues is when i add a torrent, this seems to sort of block the ui for around 5 secs before it then displays the added torrent, im assuming its sending data to rtorrent under the hood and this then in turn blocks the ui, i do want to get to the bottom of this issue if possible, but its not a major issue right now.

Do you know if it possible in a multiuser environment to have the torrents only appear under that user?

tbh i have as much experience with rutorrent as you so i dont know the answer to this right now :-), off the top of my head you could try creating a custom label for each user account and then set each user account to create all torrents with that label, then they can easily see their torrents on the left under the "labels" dropdown. if you find a better more elegant solution then please post it here.

tbh i have as much experience with rutorrent as you so i dont know the answer to this right now :-), off the top of my head you could try creating a custom label for each user account and then set each user account to create all torrents with that label, then they can easily see their torrents on the left under the "labels" dropdown. if you find a better more elegant solution then please post it here.

Thanks for the response, it was more out of interest as I currently don't have a strong need for multiuser, for the moment I'll stick with admin as my user. I am still waiting for some torrents to hit seed ratio of 1.0 to see if the issue is resolved.

Wob

I am having random issues starting this docker, I am getting various error code, it will eventually start if I just keep trying. I am not seeing any issues with any other containers.

# docker start rTorrentVPN
Error response from daemon: Cannot start container rTorrentVPN: Link not found
Error: failed to start containers: [rTorrentVPN]

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container rTorrentVPN: adding interface vethd5ab1df to bridge docker0 failed: could not find bridge docker0: no such network interface

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container rTorrentVPN: could not set link down for container interface vethbee3906: no such device

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container rTorrentVPN: adding interface veth9110d40 to bridge docker0 failed: could not find bridge docker0: no such network interface

Any ideas?

I am having random issues starting this docker, I am getting various error code, it will eventually start if I just keep trying. I am not seeing any issues with any other containers.

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container rTorrentVPN: Link not found

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container rTorrentVPN: adding interface vethd5ab1df to bridge docker0 failed: could not find bridge docker0: no such network interface

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container rTorrentVPN: could not set link down for container interface vethbee3906: no such device

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container rTorrentVPN: adding interface veth9110d40 to bridge docker0 failed: could not find bridge docker0: no such network interface

Any ideas?

I've not seen anything like that before, to me these all seem related to the internal workings of docker, it looks like the docker daemon cannot create the virtual interface for the container because the bridge adapter isn't present, very odd. What version of unraid are you running?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've not seen anything like that before, to me these all seem related to the internal workings of docker, it looks like the docker daemon cannot create the virtual interface for the container because the bridge adapter isn't present, very odd. What version of unraid are you running?

Very odd, and so far it only seems to effect this container, but I don't restart them all that often. running Unraid 6.1.9

Very odd, and so far it only seems to effect this container, but I don't restart them all that often. running Unraid 6.1.9

I just stopped and then started my CP and rTorrent dockers, both gave me errors, but CP only did it once before starting, rTorrent did it 4 times. Very odd behavior, not sure what has changed. Just need to work out where to direct my call for help.

Thanks,

Wob

I just stopped and then started my CP and rTorrent dockers, both gave me errors, but CP only did it once before starting, rTorrent did it 4 times. Very odd behavior, not sure what has changed. Just need to work out where to direct my call for help.

Thanks,

Wob

yeah something fundamental is def wrong there, im assuming you've tried a reboot of your system to see if this clears the issue?.  If you have tried that then i would probably say your best bet to get this sorted is to post in the unraid general support area as this doesnt look like an issue related to the containers your running, but motre of a issue with unraid itself.

I don't have a lot of experience with Privoxy or iptables. I don't use a VPN (no lectures please). I've always been fine with PeerGuradian or similar IP blocking tools. Can I get similar functionality with this?

I hate to break it to you but thing like peerguardian are next to useless, your only way to stay anonymous is via VPN, proxy connections are another alternative but in my experience can leak IP info. Have s go with this docker I've made it as simple as possible, your really don't need to know about iptables or how privoxy works to use this.

I don't have a lot of experience with Privoxy or iptables. I don't use a VPN (no lectures please). I've always been fine with PeerGuradian or similar IP blocking tools. Can I get similar functionality with this?

I hate to break it to you but thing like peerguardian are next to useless, your only way to stay anonymous is via VPN, proxy connections are another alternative but in my experience can leak IP info. Have s go with this docker I've made it as simple as possible, your really don't need to know about iptables or how privoxy works to use this.

yes, i know this. my concern is not staying anonymous. it's simply to avoid notices from my isp which ipblocking has been plenty sufficient for me in the last 10-15 years.

yes, i know this. my concern is not staying anonymous. it's simply to avoid notices from my isp which ipblocking has been plenty sufficient for me in the last 10-15 years.

sure if it works for you then stick with it, no offence meant :-), all i was trying to say is for a VERY low cost you get 100% guarantee of no notices from your ISP or anybody else for that matter, this is not the case with ip blocking, i guess it depends on how much this concerns you.

in answer to your original question, there isnt any ip address blocking built into this docker container (other than the use of iptables to prevent any ip leakage), but i would think it should be possible to drop in a pre-defined list of blocked ip's if you wanted to, esp if deluge/rtorrent supports this (ive never looked).

sure if it works for you then stick with it, no offence meant :-), all i was trying to say is for a VERY low cost you get 100% guarantee of no notices from your ISP or anybody else for that matter, this is not the case with ip blocking, i guess it depends on how much this concerns you.

in answer to your original question, there isnt any ip address blocking built into this docker container (other than the use of iptables to prevent any ip leakage), but i would think it should be possible to drop in a pre-defined list of blocked ip's if you wanted to, esp if deluge/rtorrent supports this (ive never looked).

no offense taken. :)

i didn't think it did but thought i'd asked. i'm new to 6.x, i've been on 5.x for the longest time and just recently upgraded. don't know why i took so long. i might just make a plugin or docker for moblock then. just gotta do some catch up on all the changes i've missed. thanks.

love the plugin by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Binhex,

I have been trying to figure out how to change the WebUI password for rutorrentVPN for a while now but somehow is managing to elude me. What is the default password? I have the password saved on one computer....but I must have forgotten it because no passwords are working for me. ***brain fart**** :(:-\

Binhex,

I have been trying to figure out how to change the WebUI password for rutorrentVPN for a while now but somehow is managing to elude me. What is the default password? I have the password saved on one computer....but I must have forgotten it because no passwords are working for me. ***brain fart**** :(:-\

Default is

Username:- admin

Password:- rutorrent

If you want to create additional users or delete users then instructions for this are on dockerhub see link on first post of this thread.

Thanks for this great docker. I can't wait to get it working.

I'm hoping someone can help. When I enable VPN I get a timeout on the webgui, when I disable the VPN it works. I'm using pia and have put in my preferred server and credentials. UNRAID 6.1.9. Attached are the logs while attempting to start with VPN enabled. The only thing that jumps out at me is the iptable_mangle missing error. Any thoughts?

[info] Env var PUID defined as 99
[info] Env var PGID defined as 100
[info] Permissions already set for /config
Changing shell for nobody.
[info] Starting Supervisor...
2016-05-16 13:17:39,060 CRIT Set uid to user 0
2016-05-16 13:17:39,061 WARN Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/rtorrent.conf" during parsing
2016-05-16 13:17:39,069 INFO supervisord started with pid 14
2016-05-16 13:17:40,071 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 17
2016-05-16 13:17:40,074 INFO spawned: 'rtorrent-script' with pid 18
2016-05-16 13:17:40,077 INFO spawned: 'webui-script' with pid 19
2016-05-16 13:17:40,079 INFO spawned: 'privoxy-script' with pid 20
2016-05-16 13:17:40,089 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] rTorrent config file already exists, skipping copy

2016-05-16 13:17:40,097 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2016-05-16 13:17:40,097 INFO success: rtorrent-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2016-05-16 13:17:40,097 INFO success: webui-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2016-05-16 13:17:40,097 INFO success: privoxy-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2016-05-16 13:17:40,101 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] Removing any rtorrent session lock files left over from the previous run...

2016-05-16 13:17:40,109 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN is enabled, checking VPN tunnel local ip is valid

2016-05-16 13:17:40,118 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 13:17:40,120 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN is enabled, beginning configuration of VPN

2016-05-16 13:17:40,154 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider defined as pia
[info] VPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/openvpn.ovpn

2016-05-16 13:17:40,163 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Env vars defined via docker -e flags for remote host, port and protocol, writing values to ovpn file...

2016-05-16 13:17:40,211 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider remote gateway defined as ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] VPN provider remote port defined as 1194
[info] VPN provider remote protocol defined as udp

2016-05-16 13:17:40,228 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider username defined as [removed]

2016-05-16 13:17:40,244 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider password defined as [removed]

2016-05-16 13:17:40,293 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Default route for container is 172.17.42.1

2016-05-16 13:17:40,332 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Setting permissions recursively on /config/openvpn...

2016-05-16 13:17:40,357 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 192.168.1.0/24 as route via docker eth0

2016-05-16 13:17:40,359 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ip route defined as follows...
--------------------

2016-05-16 13:17:40,361 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
default via 172.17.42.1 dev eth0

2016-05-16 13:17:40,365 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.32

192.168.1.0/24 via 172.17.42.1 dev eth0

2016-05-16 13:17:40,366 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2016-05-16 13:17:40,375 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] iptable_mangle module not supported, attempting to load...

2016-05-16 13:17:40,380 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.1.18-unRAID

2016-05-16 13:17:40,381 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] iptable_mangle module not supported, you will not be able to connect to rTorrent webui or Privoxy outside of your LAN

2016-05-16 13:17:40,500 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] iptables defined as follows...
--------------------

2016-05-16 13:17:40,503 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 1194 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5000 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 53 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p udp -m udp --dport 1194 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -d 192.168.1.0/24 -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 5000 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

2016-05-16 13:17:40,505 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2016-05-16 13:17:40,506 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] nameservers

2016-05-16 13:17:40,507 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

2016-05-16 13:17:40,511 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------
[info] Starting OpenVPN...

2016-05-16 13:17:40,530 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 OpenVPN 2.3.9 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [iPv6] built on Dec 24 2015

2016-05-16 13:17:40,531 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2f 28 Jan 2016, LZO 2.09

Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

2016-05-16 13:17:40,621 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 UDPv4 link local: [undef]
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]172.98.67.61:1194

2016-05-16 13:17:40,722 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this

2016-05-16 13:17:40,892 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 [Private Internet Access] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]172.98.67.61:1194

2016-05-16 13:17:43,081 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:43 2016 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Mon May 16 13:17:43 2016 do_ifconfig, tt->ipv6=0, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6_setup=0
Mon May 16 13:17:43 2016 /usr/bin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500

2016-05-16 13:17:43,082 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:43 2016 /usr/bin/ip addr add dev tun0 local 10.122.1.6 peer 10.122.1.5

2016-05-16 13:17:43,089 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:43 2016 Initialization Sequence Completed

2016-05-16 13:17:43,127 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy set to disabled

2016-05-16 13:17:43,127 DEBG fd 24 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47038704377080 for <Subprocess at 47038695001120 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2016-05-16 13:17:43,127 DEBG fd 20 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47038704376648 for <Subprocess at 47038695001120 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2016-05-16 13:17:43,127 INFO exited: privoxy-script (exit status 0; expected)
2016-05-16 13:17:43,127 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2016-05-16 13:17:43,186 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] First run detected, setting rTorrent listening interface 10.122.1.6

2016-05-16 13:17:44,145 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] First run detected, setting rTorrent incoming port 33263
[info] All checks complete, starting rTorrent...

2016-05-16 13:17:44,147 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
Script started, file is /home/nobody/typescript

2016-05-16 13:17:44,173 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
Script done, file is /home/nobody/typescript

2016-05-16 13:17:44,339 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] rtorrent started, setting up webui...
[info] Setting PHP timezone to UTC...

2016-05-16 13:17:44,375 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] nginx cert files already exists, skipping copy
[info] nginx security file already exists, skipping copy
[info] nginx config file already exists, skipping copy

2016-05-16 13:17:44,383 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] rutorrent share folder already exists, skipping copy

2016-05-16 13:17:44,388 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] rutorrent plugins folder already exists, skipping copy

2016-05-16 13:17:44,438 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] starting php-fpm...

2016-05-16 13:17:44,491 DEBG 'webui-script' stderr output:
[NOTICE] [pool www] 'user' directive is ignored when FPM is not running as root

2016-05-16 13:17:44,494 DEBG 'webui-script' stderr output:
[NOTICE] [pool www] 'group' directive is ignored when FPM is not running as root

2016-05-16 13:17:44,504 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] starting nginx...

2016-05-16 13:17:44,567 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] Sleeping for 10 mins before rechecking listen interface and port (port checking is for PIA only)

2016-05-16 13:27:47,595 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] Sleeping for 10 mins before rechecking listen interface and port (port checking is for PIA only)

2016-05-16 13:37:48,063 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 13:47:49,060 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 13:57:49,778 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:07:52,876 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:17:53,798 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:27:54,958 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:37:55,903 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:47:57,158 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:57:58,256 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 15:07:59,327 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 15:18:01,352 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

I'm hoping someone can help. When I enable VPN I get a timeout on the webgui, when I disable the VPN it works. I'm using pia and have put in my preferred server and credentials. UNRAID 6.1.9. Attached are the logs while attempting to start with VPN enabled. The only thing that jumps out at me is the iptable_mangle missing error. Any thoughts?

modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.1.18-unRAID

[warn] iptable_mangle module not supported, you will not be able to connect to rTorrent webui or Privoxy outside of your LAN

Above in your quote is your issue.  You do not have the proper kernel modules loaded.  The three I needed to load to get this working were:

insmod /lib/modules/tun.ko
insmod /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko
insmod /lib/modules/xt_mark.ko

Above in your quote is your issue.  You do not have the proper kernel modules loaded.  The three I needed to load to get this working were:

insmod /lib/modules/tun.ko
insmod /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko
insmod /lib/modules/xt_mark.ko

Thanks for the help. I'm confused though; I have to add custom kernel modules to my actual unraid installation in order to get a docker to work? That seems to defeat the purpose of docker's compartmentalization. If so, could you point me to any online material I could use to understand better where to find the modules you mention and how to get them integrated into my unraid installation? A quick search turns up nothing on tun.ko etc in relation to unraid.

Docker does rely some on host kernel modules and libraries, even though the containers are isolated.  The modules might be on your system, just not loaded on startup. You can manually load them using the insmod command like i showed.  Those paths are also the common path those modules, but I am not familiar enough with unRAID to know offhand where they are.  I am sure Google, or this great forum for unRAID can point you in the right direction.

[info] Env var PUID defined as 99
[info] Env var PGID defined as 100
[info] Permissions already set for /config
Changing shell for nobody.
[info] Starting Supervisor...
2016-05-16 13:17:39,060 CRIT Set uid to user 0
2016-05-16 13:17:39,061 WARN Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/rtorrent.conf" during parsing
2016-05-16 13:17:39,069 INFO supervisord started with pid 14
2016-05-16 13:17:40,071 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 17
2016-05-16 13:17:40,074 INFO spawned: 'rtorrent-script' with pid 18
2016-05-16 13:17:40,077 INFO spawned: 'webui-script' with pid 19
2016-05-16 13:17:40,079 INFO spawned: 'privoxy-script' with pid 20
2016-05-16 13:17:40,089 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] rTorrent config file already exists, skipping copy

2016-05-16 13:17:40,097 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2016-05-16 13:17:40,097 INFO success: rtorrent-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2016-05-16 13:17:40,097 INFO success: webui-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2016-05-16 13:17:40,097 INFO success: privoxy-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2016-05-16 13:17:40,101 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] Removing any rtorrent session lock files left over from the previous run...

2016-05-16 13:17:40,109 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 13:17:40,118 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 13:17:40,120 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN is enabled, beginning configuration of VPN

2016-05-16 13:17:40,154 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider defined as pia
[info] VPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/openvpn.ovpn

2016-05-16 13:17:40,163 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Env vars defined via docker -e flags for remote host, port and protocol, writing values to ovpn file...

2016-05-16 13:17:40,211 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider remote gateway defined as ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] VPN provider remote port defined as 1194
[info] VPN provider remote protocol defined as udp

2016-05-16 13:17:40,228 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider username defined as [removed]

2016-05-16 13:17:40,244 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN provider password defined as [removed]

2016-05-16 13:17:40,293 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Default route for container is 172.17.42.1

2016-05-16 13:17:40,332 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Setting permissions recursively on /config/openvpn...

2016-05-16 13:17:40,357 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 13:17:40,359 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ip route defined as follows...
--------------------

2016-05-16 13:17:40,361 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
default via 172.17.42.1 dev eth0

172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.32

192.168.1.0/24 via 172.17.42.1 dev eth0

2016-05-16 13:17:40,366 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2016-05-16 13:17:40,500 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] iptables defined as follows...
--------------------

2016-05-16 13:17:40,503 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 1194 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5000 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 53 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p udp -m udp --dport 1194 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9080 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 9443 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -d 192.168.1.0/24 -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 5000 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

2016-05-16 13:17:40,505 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2016-05-16 13:17:40,506 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] nameservers

2016-05-16 13:17:40,507 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

2016-05-16 13:17:40,511 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------
[info] Starting OpenVPN...

2016-05-16 13:17:40,530 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 OpenVPN 2.3.9 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [iPv6] built on Dec 24 2015

Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2f 28 Jan 2016, LZO 2.09

Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

2016-05-16 13:17:40,621 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 UDPv4 link local: [undef]
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]172.98.67.61:1194

2016-05-16 13:17:40,722 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this

2016-05-16 13:17:40,892 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:40 2016 [Private Internet Access] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]172.98.67.61:1194

2016-05-16 13:17:43,081 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:43 2016 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Mon May 16 13:17:43 2016 do_ifconfig, tt->ipv6=0, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6_setup=0
Mon May 16 13:17:43 2016 /usr/bin/ip link set dev tun0 up mtu 1500

2016-05-16 13:17:43,082 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:43 2016 /usr/bin/ip addr add dev tun0 local 10.122.1.6 peer 10.122.1.5

2016-05-16 13:17:43,089 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Mon May 16 13:17:43 2016 Initialization Sequence Completed

2016-05-16 13:17:43,127 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy set to disabled

2016-05-16 13:17:43,127 DEBG fd 24 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47038704377080 for <Subprocess at 47038695001120 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2016-05-16 13:17:43,127 DEBG fd 20 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47038704376648 for <Subprocess at 47038695001120 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2016-05-16 13:17:43,127 INFO exited: privoxy-script (exit status 0; expected)
2016-05-16 13:17:43,127 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2016-05-16 13:17:43,186 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] First run detected, setting rTorrent listening interface 10.122.1.6

2016-05-16 13:17:44,145 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] First run detected, setting rTorrent incoming port 33263
[info] All checks complete, starting rTorrent...

2016-05-16 13:17:44,147 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
Script started, file is /home/nobody/typescript

2016-05-16 13:17:44,173 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
Script done, file is /home/nobody/typescript

2016-05-16 13:17:44,339 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] rtorrent started, setting up webui...
[info] Setting PHP timezone to UTC...

2016-05-16 13:17:44,375 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] nginx cert files already exists, skipping copy
[info] nginx security file already exists, skipping copy
[info] nginx config file already exists, skipping copy

2016-05-16 13:17:44,383 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] rutorrent share folder already exists, skipping copy

2016-05-16 13:17:44,388 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] rutorrent plugins folder already exists, skipping copy

2016-05-16 13:17:44,438 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] starting php-fpm...

2016-05-16 13:17:44,491 DEBG 'webui-script' stderr output:
[NOTICE] [pool www] 'user' directive is ignored when FPM is not running as root

2016-05-16 13:17:44,494 DEBG 'webui-script' stderr output:
[NOTICE] [pool www] 'group' directive is ignored when FPM is not running as root

2016-05-16 13:17:44,504 DEBG 'webui-script' stdout output:
[info] starting nginx...

2016-05-16 13:17:44,567 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 13:27:47,595 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 13:37:48,063 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 13:47:49,060 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 13:57:49,778 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:07:52,876 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:17:53,798 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:27:54,958 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:37:55,903 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:47:57,158 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 14:57:58,256 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 15:07:59,327 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

2016-05-16 15:18:01,352 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:

This looks clean to me, the only thing that could be causing an issue is the lan lange, are you sure your lang range is

, this is the default value and it possible it is the correct lan range for your lan but its worth checking.

the issue hammsandwich is referring to is related to the lack of ip mangle support, but this only affects external access to the webui, not lan access.

The webui never loads if I dont enable the iptable_mangle module.  Might just be my Synology though.

Also, Synology support also informed me there is nothing they can do to fix the apparmor issue I am facing with this container.  For now, disabling apparmor is my only option.  I have this container working perfectly in Ubuntu 16.04 with apparmor enabled.

What would happen if I mapped the nginix.conf through Docker to the appropriate path in the container?

• binhex locked this topic