[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

Hey guys, thanks for the work you do. I'm running DVB unRAID Build LibreELEC 6.3.0.rc4 and I've been having audio issues with live tv. I've worked backwards to find that all is well in 6.1.9. That is when the drivers changed from V1.0.0 to V1.1.0. Is this a problem that has been seen by others? I searched but didn't find anything. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q

LG Electronics LGDT3306A VSB/QAM Frontend : ATSC #0

Hey guys, thanks for the work you do. I'm running DVB unRAID Build LibreELEC 6.3.0.rc4 and I've been having audio issues with live tv. I've worked backwards to find that all is well in 6.1.9. That is when the drivers changed from V1.0.0 to V1.1.0. Is this a problem that has been seen by others? I searched but didn't find anything. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q

Hey,

I'm using also the Librelec 6.3.0rc4 Build with Digital Device. I've got no Problems.

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q

I've had a a chance to look at this now, problem is when I've gone back to look at the firmware for your card, which is v4l-cx231xx-avcore-01.fw and then looked at this in the LibreELEC repo nothing has changed for 11 months. And the first version was released only 8 months ago.  Put simply the firmware hasn't changed between 1.0.0 & 1.1.0.

Now things that have changed are the Linux kernel, but I have no control over things going on there and can do anything about it.  So I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help.

Just to confirm, I downloaded the V1.0.0 firmware and the V1.1.0 firmware and ran md5sum on them.

V1.0.0

chbmb@thinkpad:~/Downloads/1.0.0$ md5sum ./v4l-cx231xx-avcore-01.fw 
7d3bb956dc9df0eafded2b56ba57cc42  ./v4l-cx231xx-avcore-01.fw

V1.1.0

chbmb@thinkpad:~/Downloads/1.1.0$ md5sum ./v4l-cx231xx-avcore-01.fw 
7d3bb956dc9df0eafded2b56ba57cc42  ./v4l-cx231xx-avcore-01.fw

If you do manage to find out any more about the issue let me know, but apart from that I'm afraid I'm at a loss to either explain it or help...  :-\

• 2 weeks later...

After many, many issues in getting my garage connected, I've finally moved my unRAID server and connected it to a DVB-C source.

Now, I've previously used my TBS DVB-C cards to stream channels from this provider, so I know the settings well.

My setup is unRAID 6.2.4 with TBS Open Source drivers.

On scanning the DVB-C source, I was receiving no information back from TVHeadend, whether it's run as a plugin or as a Docker instance. I was tearing my hair out. I reverted to a Windows 10 machine, running NextPVR on the same card, same settings - and it worked, pulling down several hundred channels.

As a last resort, I reverted to the TBS Official DVB-C drivers and retried. Success. Same amount of channels have been retrieved. So, there's some kind of bug in the open source drivers for the TBS 6285 card in DVB-C mode. I've not had a chance to test it against DVB-T yet.

I'm now running unRAID 6.2.4 with the TBS Official drivers for over 24 hours it's solid, but it's not a continuing solution for me, as I will also be putting some DVB-S signals in there and I'm not sure if the DVB-C drivers will work with the DVB-S.

So, if anyone has any suggestions on how to implement the Open Source drivers and have them work with a DVB-C source and also with a DVB-S and DVB-T, I'd be most grateful.

After many, many issues in getting my garage connected, I've finally moved my unRAID server and connected it to a DVB-C source.

Now, I've previously used my TBS DVB-C cards to stream channels from this provider, so I know the settings well.

On scanning the DVB-C source, I was receiving no information back from TVHeadend, whether it's run as a plugin or as a Docker instance. I was tearing my hair out. I reverted to a Windows 10 machine, running NextPVR on the same card, same settings - and it worked, pulling down several hundred channels.

As a last resort, I reverted to the TBS Official DVB-C drivers and retried. Success. Same amount of channels have been retrieved. So, there's some kind of bug in the open source drivers for the TBS 6285 card in DVB-C mode. I've not had a chance to test it against DVB-T yet.

I'm now running unRAID 6.2.4 with the TBS Official drivers for over 24 hours it's solid, but it's not a continuing solution for me, as I will also be putting some DVB-S signals in there and I'm not sure if the DVB-C drivers will work with the DVB-S.

So, if anyone has any suggestions on how to implement the Open Source drivers and have them work with a DVB-C source and also with a DVB-S and DVB-T, I'd be most grateful.

You're going to have to post an issue on their github site.

https://github.com/tbsdtv/linux_media

First things first, thank you very much for setting this up, it's been a godsend moving from my standalone tvheadend on ubuntu to my Unraid server.

I have 2 DVB devices, a TBS DVB-S2 PCI card and a USB PCTV DBV-T2 stick. I remember it being an absolute pain getting the 2 working on ubuntu and I can't remember how I did it. I'm currently using the opensourcce TBS one in 6.2.4 and the PCI card is working but not the PCTV - is there a driver set that might give me both? Failing that, I guess a combined T2 & S2 card might be my next solution

First things first, thank you very much for setting this up, it's been a godsend moving from my standalone tvheadend on ubuntu to my Unraid server.

I have 2 DVB devices, a TBS DVB-S2 PCI card and a USB PCTV DBV-T2 stick. I remember it being an absolute pain getting the 2 working on ubuntu and I can't remember how I did it. I'm currently using the opensourcce TBS one in 6.2.4 and the PCI card is working but not the PCTV - is there a driver set that might give me both? Failing that, I guess a combined T2 & S2 card might be my next solution

You could try the TBS OpenSource build on RC6 as I've added more firmware in that may help as piotrasd needed a similar setup. 

You could try the TBS OpenSource build on RC6 as I've added more firmware in that may help as piotrasd needed a similar setup.

Dumb question - I presume I need to move the main unraid to RC6 too, rather than just change it in DVB settings?

Dumb question - I presume I need to move the main unraid to RC6 too, rather than just change it in DVB settings?

Yeah, the whole way this works is that I produce replacement OS files for Unraid with DVB stuff in it.

So, master plan is to buy a second TBS card for DVB-T2, I'm assuming that'll work fine with my existing TBS S2 card?

Only complication is a lack of pcie slots, so I'm going to use a pci -> pcie adapter, fingers crossed, has anyone got any experience with these adapters or is there a USB or PCI (not express) T2 card that'll work alongside my existing card?

So, master plan is to buy a second TBS card for DVB-T2, I'm assuming that'll work fine with my existing TBS S2 card?

Only complication is a lack of pcie slots, so I'm going to use a pci -> pcie adapter, fingers crossed, has anyone got any experience with these adapters or is there a USB or PCI (not express) T2 card that'll work alongside my existing card?

I guess it depends on how many tuners you want and if the PCI slot can handle the bandwidth.

It might be better to go for a USB adapter. TBS have only one T2 tuner.

I apologize if a solution has been found to my question, I've seen similar questions but not a solution that works.

I have recently decided to move away from my MythTV dedicated box and use UnRaid so I can get better utilization out of my server (I'm putting this on my barely used gaming machine).  In doing so I also decided to upgrade to one WinTV-quadHD https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-quadHD_(DVB-T/T2/C) tuner from Hauppauge.  I'm doing this because one of my PCI slots is covered by my graphics card so I can't use both of my existing tuner cards (which have been showing signs of dieing soon anyways.

Anyways, I am not able to get it to be detected by UnRaid with LibreELEC DVB plugin installed.  I have tried 6.3.0rc6 which also didn't work.  I thought maybe it would since it looks like kernel 4.8 includes support for this tuner.  Anyways, any thoughts on how to get this working?  Or is the firmware going to be included in a future build of LibreELEC DVB?

You're going to have to post an issue on their github site.

https://github.com/tbsdtv/linux_media

Raised it as an open issue on GitHub now. Been working supremely well with the TBS official drivers over the Christmas break, but now it's time to get it working with Open Source. :)

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor PCI Express x16 Controller (rev 06)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)

00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Controller

00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family ME Interface #1

00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V

00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI Controller #2

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev d0)

00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev d0)

00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev d0)

00:1c.6 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 7 (rev d0)

00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI Controller #1

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family Z97 LPC Controller

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller [AHCI Mode]

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM107 [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] (rev a2)

01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation Device 0fbc (rev a1)

03:00.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1083/1085 PCIe to PCI Bridge (rev 04)

04:01.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23418 Single-Chip MPEG-2 Encoder with Integrated Analog Video/Broadcast Audio Decoder

05:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host Controller

06:00.0 PCI bridge: Pericom Semiconductor Device 2304 (rev 05)

07:01.0 PCI bridge: Pericom Semiconductor Device 2304 (rev 05)

07:02.0 PCI bridge: Pericom Semiconductor Device 2304 (rev 05)

08:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23885 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 03)

09:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23885 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 03)

• Squid locked this topic