Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

Featured Replies

Hi, I have a question.
My unraid is on version 6.8.3, can I now use the version of libreLec 6.8.2 or is this not possible?

Regards Maggi

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 346.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maggi0r said:

Hi, I have a question.
My unraid is on version 6.8.3, can I now use the version of libreLec 6.8.2 or is this not possible?

Regards Maggi

Yes you can downgrade, it works fine.

Sure, this plug-in is basically an automated way to replace the kernel with a custom compiled one that contains the drivers you need.

Ok thanks with that my whole unraid is on 6.8.2 or how? I'm still quite new with unraid.

Regards Maggi

Just now, Maggi0r said:

Ok thanks with that my whole unraid is on 6.8.2 or how? I'm still quite new with unraid.

Regards Maggi

Yeah that's the size of it.

Hi,

I am facing a problem I have installed the plugin.

With the hope that Sundtek Media III DVBC stick works with it.
I had already read that it should work with it.
But if I look in the DVB plugin, no adapter is found.

I have installed version 6.8.2 of LibreELEC.

Do I have to install a driver or is the DVB plugin sufficient.

Hope you have a tip.

Regards Maggi

Edited by Maggi0r

the plugin installs a build with drivers, so no additionel drivers can be installed sep. ...

 

u can try a diff build then libreelec to see if another one may works, and make sure your usb is in a free unraid usb slot and not maybe in a usb card which passed to a vm or so ...

So I tried it with the LibreELEC 6.8.0 and TBS.

Then I looked to see if the USB port was occupied, but I didn't find anything.

Can you somehow look it up again?

 

I have now tested it on another computer and went down to 6.7.2.
But no device is found. When I look in the VMS, the device is also displayed there, but it is not in the Plungin DBV. Only the kernel etc.

 

Regards Maggi

Edited by Maggi0r

v6.8.3 done

 

Apologies, thought I'd done this at release time, but apparently I hadn't.  Life been a bit hectic.

9 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

v6.8.3 done

 

Apologies, thought I'd done this at release time, but apparently I hadn't.  Life been a bit hectic.

Wow talk about perfect timing! I just upgraded to 6.8.3 (this afternoon) and realized it broke my drivers. Thank you so much! Going to give it a try now!

35 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

v6.8.3 done

 

Apologies, thought I'd done this at release time, but apparently I hadn't.  Life been a bit hectic.

Thank you for your work on this.  I appreciate you.

First of all thank you for the new version for 6.8.3.
But even so I somehow don't get my Sundtek Media TV III stick to run, it just isn't recognized.

I hope you can help me along with that.

Regards Maggi

First of all thank you for the new version for 6.8.3.
But even so I somehow don't get my Sundtek Media TV III stick to run, it just isn't recognized.
I hope you can help me along with that.
Regards Maggi
Sundtek use their own closed source drivers. So I can't support it.

https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Sundtek

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Ok, does that mean that I have to install the driver myself on the Unraid or how?

Which sticks support DVB unRaid?

 

Regards Maggi

Edited by Maggi0r

33 minutes ago, Maggi0r said:

Ok, does that mean that I have to install the driver myself on the Unraid or how?

Which sticks support DVB unRaid?

 

Regards Maggi

so, you may be able to install it yourself, but I can't help you with that as I have little time and can't support it.  They have a support forum here https://support.sundtek.de/

 

From what I can tell you need to pull a script based install and run that, whether that will work on Slackware without having to work out and install dependencies I couldn't say, I tried running it on my Unraid virtual machine and it appeared to work, but I have no way of testing.


You'd need to install it at every boot.

You may or may not need the LibreELEC build preinstalled as I'm unsure whether it needs anything from the DVB kernel or not.
 

cd /tmp

wget http://sundtek.de/media/sundtek_netinst.sh

chmod 777 sundtek_netinst.sh ./sundtek_netinst.sh

 

Any more questions and I can't help at all, this is beyond what I can reasonably support and completely different to how Linux drivers normally work from what I can read.  I don't know if you can pass the drivers through to a docker container or not.

 

As far as a supported DVB-C USB device on Linux then you'd need to either look on the Linux Tv site or preferably find someone on these forums that can confirm a working model.

 

DVB support on Linux is a bit of a mess overall.

10 hours ago, CHBMB said:

v6.8.3 done

 

Apologies, thought I'd done this at release time, but apparently I hadn't.  Life been a bit hectic.

Thanks!  I read somewhere that you were 'busy' so I wasn't concerned!

2 minutes ago, natiz said:

Is there a guide on how to compile the kernel?

 

Compiling is the easy part. It's the bundling back into unraid's bzroot, bzimage. and bzmodules that's more detailed. On the forums and likely even in this very thread was a few discussions and scripts mentioned but from older moments in time. Best of luck searching and finding them, but they exist somewhere. 

 

General guide: https://www.wikihow.com/Compile-the-Linux-Kernel

OLD guide from OLD unraid on HDD - https://wiki.unraid.net/Installing_unRAID_on_a_full_Slackware_distro#Build_a_new_Linux_kernel

 

 

 

Thanks for the info, @BRiT.

 

I found a workaround, updated to the TBS OS build, and used mksquashfs to append the missing fw file (dvb-demod-m88rs6000.fw) to bzfirmware and it worked! :)

Edited by natiz

On 5/13/2020 at 1:09 AM, CHBMB said:

v6.8.3 done

 

Apologies, thought I'd done this at release time, but apparently I hadn't.  Life been a bit hectic.

Thanks a lot CHBMB for your time.
How can i donate you?
 

On 5/13/2020 at 9:13 PM, natiz said:

Is there a guide on how to compile the kernel?

I am looking to add the https://github.com/LibreELEC/dvb-firmware/blob/master/firmware/dvb-demod-m88rs6000.fw package to TBS version.

I currently use the TBS CrazyCat build, but it seems its not updated anymore.

This would allow me to use TBS6281SE for DVB-C and DVBSKy S952 V3 for DVB-S.

CrazyCat removed his source code.  Nothing I can do about that.  I tried building what he has left against the TBS stuff, but no dice.

I do have Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD Dual Tuner that works great with LibreELEC drivers.

I also have Logitech C170 web camera, and I would like to use it, but with LibreELEC drivers it gives error:

[video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0x55ee04fa7700] ioctl(VIDIOC_STREAMON): No space left on device
/dev/video0: No space left on device

If I use any of other of two DVB drivers, this web camera works fine, but Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD Dual Tuner disappears and it works only with the LibreELEC driver.
Any advice how to make to work that two devices at the same time?

Edited by IGHOR

On 5/21/2020 at 10:39 PM, IGHOR said:

I do have Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD Dual Tuner that works great with LibreELEC drivers.

I also have Logitech C170 web camera, and I would like to use it, but with LibreELEC drivers it gives error:


[video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0x55ee04fa7700] ioctl(VIDIOC_STREAMON): No space left on device
/dev/video0: No space left on device

If I use any of other of two DVB drivers, this web camera works fine, but Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD Dual Tuner disappears and it works only with the LibreELEC driver.
Any advice how to make to work that two devices at the same time?

If I just copy module from LibreELECT unRAID version to official one, will it work with modprobe command at boot?

21 minutes ago, IGHOR said:

If I just copy module from LibreELECT unRAID version to official one, will it work with modprobe command at boot?

I have used modprobe before for devices I couldn't get to show up at boot.  If you know how to get the module for it then the only thing to remember is that UNRAID unpacks into memory at boot so you may need to copy the module every time before you modprobe.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.