[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Hi guys,

So I went to install Nextcloud yesterday using CHBMB's walk through but i'm running into an odd error, nextcloud wont properly run, no WebUI shows up; I went through the forum but I didn't see anyone with a similar issue, here are my logs 

tar: /tmp/nextcloud.tar.bz2: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

[cont-init.d] 50-install: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-memcache: executing...
cp: cannot create regular file '/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php': No such file or directory
[cont-init.d] 60-memcache: exited 1.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php

Nextcloud is on port 444 & the AppData config on disk1 since i do not have a cashe drive. Any help would be appreciated.

Does the config.php file exist?  Look in your nextcloud appdata folder and it should be there in /www/nextcloud/config/

EDIT:  Also post your docker configuration/screenshot/docker run command.

EDIT2:  And you Nextcloud docker log

I've just pulled a fresh copy of this and installed it without issue.  I'd rather hoped my guide would solve a lot of these install issues but people still seem to be having a lot of trouble.  Anybody got any suggestions on something the guide might be missing?

Edited by CHBMB
On 09/07/2017 at 7:23 AM, zandrsn said:

Finally, I restarted both the letsencrypt and nextcloud containers and try to access Nextcloud via https://nextcloud.mydomain.com. The page tried to load for a long time before eventually displaying the message "502 Bad Gateway", and the same thing happens if I try to select "webui' from my Unraid dashboard. If I try to access Nexcloud via 192.168.1.107:444 I get the message "400 Bad Request - The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port", and if I try https://192.168.1.107:444 I get the same 502 Bad Gateway timeout. 

I think I may have spotted the issue.

When you edited the files, did you change the IP addresses to 192.168.1.107 or just leave them as I had pasted them?

I may be having a similar issue.  I can access my Nextcloud Server from within my network, through the webui, but cannot get to it externally.  I have the ports open because my setup is the same, though my external IP address has changed.  When I try to access the server through the OSX NC client, I get a timeout error.  Do I need to mess with the config.php file to add trusted domains?

1 minute ago, yukonhijack said:

I may be having a similar issue.  I can access my Nextcloud Server from within my network, through the webui, but cannot get to it externally.  I have the ports open because my setup is the same, though my external IP address has changed.  When I try to access the server through the OSX NC client, I get a timeout error.  Do I need to mess with the config.php file to add trusted domains?

This is covered in the guide....

You don't need a domain server.   That's something different.  Personally I use Namecheap to buy a domain name and then update my home DNS record with either pfsense or ddclient in Namecheap's control panel.

Domain names from them are pretty reasonable, think I paid about $9 for a year.

There are free options but I'm afraid I don't know anything about them.

9 minutes ago, yukonhijack said:

So I am setting up Letsencrypt, and I have a question about container ports.  My Nextcloud is set to 443 for the container port, but Letsencrypt is on the same port.  Is that ok?

As long as the host port is different it's fine. Each container is isolated to its own docker internal IP. Just make sure you forward your routers 443 to whatever host port LE is assigned.

1 minute ago, jonathanm said:

As long as the host port is different it's fine. Each container is isolated to its own docker internal IP. Just make sure you forward your routers 443 to whatever host port LE is assigned.

I already have port 443 forwarded to 443 in my router port forward setup.  That is for nextcloud.

2 minutes ago, yukonhijack said:

I already have port 443 forwarded to 443 in my router port forward setup.  That is for nextcloud.

Change the router forward to point to the host port you assigned to LE, at least until you get valid certificates. After LE gets a valid SSL you can change it to whatever you want until it's time to renew again.

I was hoping to be able to access my nextcloud files/folders from my SMB share as well, but there seems to be some additional permissions I need to set...

I have an SMB share called "files" (/mnt/user/files) that I have r/w access to. I put my nextcloud files in that share (/mnt/user/files/USERNAME/files), but am not able to write to that folder. Any suggestions?

Check what the permissions actually are....

Should be nobody:users

Sounds like more of an issue with the smb permissions to me than nextcloud, as nextcloud runs as nobody:users if you used our template to install.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Check what the permissions actually are....

Should be nobody:users

Sounds like more of an issue with the smb permissions to me than nextcloud, as nextcloud runs as nobody:users if you used our template to install.

Permissions look OK: nobody:users

I am able to r/w everywhere in that share except in the nextcloud folder, so I don't think it's an smb issue.

Ok, well if it's not smb permissions then try ssh in to your box then cd /mnt/user/files/$USERNAME/files

Then touch newfile

I'm guessing as the permissions are ok then a new file should be created.

Which proves it's possible to write locally.

FWIW I've tested mine via smb and it's working.

Which would help narrow the problem