How do i have cron jobs remain after a reboot ?

• 2 months later...

make a .cron file and place it in your /flash/config/plugins/dynamix folder. To activate it, type update_cron within an ssh session. This will cause it to be added to the cronjobs immediately without the need to reboot.

The cron file needs to be formatted like so (This cron example will run at 10AM every Friday):

0 10 * * 5 command &> /dev/null

I'm certainly not the best for scripting. If you search (see How to Search in my sig) for script/notify you will see other examples of people using notify. The main thing I don't know is how you intend to produce the log file you want to include in the email, and that is going to be something that is specific to your use.

• 3 years later...
On 12/12/2016 at 6:50 AM, GroxyPod said:

make a .cron file and place it in your /flash/config/plugins/dynamix folder. To activate it, type update_cron within an ssh session. This will cause it to be added to the cronjobs immediately without the need to reboot.

The cron file needs to be formatted like so (This cron example will run at 10AM every Friday):

0 10 * * 5 command &> /dev/null

So I have this working with something I wanted to CRON but is there a way to tell this schedule is setup?

crontab -l

doesn't show up the job but it is running