[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

17 minutes ago, matthope said:

Not sure if related or not, but I had a very slow connection with a Windows VM using RDP. The upload speed inside the VM was super slow causing the RDP to be slow as well (identified using speedtest.net) . I had to deactivate all the "hardware accelerated" feature of the virtual NIC inside the VM. Since then the Guacamole RDP connection is way faster. 

You could be on to something here.  It is a VM and I just ran a speed test.  Almost 1Gb down and only 0.8Mb up.  

I don't see an option to disable the hardware accelerated feature that you mentioned in your post.  Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, patm95 said:

You could be on to something here.  It is a VM and I just ran a speed test.  Almost 1Gb down and only 0.8Mb up.  

I don't see an option to disable the hardware accelerated feature that you mentioned in your post.  Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thank you.

If you are using Win11, Go to Settings -> Network & Internet -> Advanced Network Settings. Then select your virtual ethernet adapter and click on Edit. 

If you are using Win10, Go to Settings -> Network & Internet -> Advanced Network Settings. Click on Change adapter options then right-click on your virtual ethernet adapter and select Properties. 

From there the step are identical. Click on Configure... Select Advanced tab and deactivate everything with the word "Offload". This should be it for the VM side, be sure to restart the VM after the change. 

If you still have issue after that, you could try installing the unraid plugin "Tip and Tweaks" from dlandon. With that plugin, you could deactivate NIC Offload and Flow Control on the Host (unraid). Reboot and the problem should be gone.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, matthope said:

If you are using Win11, Go to Settings -> Network & Internet -> Advanced Network Settings. Then select your virtual ethernet adapter and click on Edit. 

If you are using Win10, Go to Settings -> Network & Internet -> Advanced Network Settings. Click on Change adapter options then right-click on your virtual ethernet adapter and select Properties. 

From there the step are identical. Click on Configure... Select Advanced tab and deactivate everything with the word "Offload". This should be it for the VM side, be sure to restart the VM after the change. 

If you still have issue after that, you could try installing the unraid plugin "Tip and Tweaks" from dlandon. With that plugin, you could deactivate NIC Offload and Flow Control on the Host (unraid). Reboot and the problem should be gone.

This certainly solved the upload issue.  My upload is faster than my downloads now.  I'm hopeful this will solve my lagging issue as well.  Thank you!!!