[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

well, installed it and it seems to be running quite well.
One thing i would like to know, ist ift there is a fool proof way to integrate this with sonarr/ sabnzbd to convert everything after download and before import.
As far as i see it i could let Sabnzbd sort finished files into the watch folder and have sonarr watch the output folder.

But i am not sure if this is the best way to do ist and before i screw around with my setup i wanted to ask how you solve this

On 2018-04-15 at 1:27 PM, Chocco said:

Hi Djoss, thanks for your work on this container! It's great!

With Handbrake 1.1.0 the team added initial support for quicksync encoding with Intel Media Server Studio installed. Is it possible to get this working within the docker? My gut reaction is no, but I thought I should ask anyway.

Thanks!

I think it could be possible.  I will have a look at this...

6 hours ago, Random.Name said:

One thing i would like to know, ist ift there is a fool proof way to integrate this with sonarr/ sabnzbd to convert everything after download and before import.
As far as i see it i could let Sabnzbd sort finished files into the watch folder and have sonarr watch the output folder.

But i am not sure if this is the best way to do ist and before i screw around with my setup i wanted to ask how you solve this

I personally don't use this workflow, but the way you described it could work.  Unless some else already did this setup, you would have to do some experimentation ;).

On 16/04/2018 at 2:03 PM, Random.Name said:

I do have this workflow but sonarr and radarr attempt to import the files before handbrake has finished encoding, because the download client has already told them that the files are ready for import. See some of my posts for workarounds, it'll not be 100% automated.

At the moment I'm having stuff enter my watch folder but the docker isn't doing anything with it. I've tried restarting the docker, stopping and then starting, removing everything from the watch folder and only adding one item back, a forced update and docker safe new permissions and nothing. How can I troubleshoot this further please?

14 hours ago, hmgnsd said:

I do have this workflow but sonarr and radarr attempt to import the files before handbrake has finished encoding

One way to work around this is to have sonarr/radarr watch a subfolder of Handbrake's output folder.  A hook can be configured in the Handbrake container to move the converted video to this subfolder.

14 hours ago, hmgnsd said:

At the moment I'm having stuff enter my watch folder but the docker isn't doing anything with it. I've tried restarting the docker, stopping and then starting, removing everything from the watch folder and only adding one item back, a forced update and docker safe new permissions and nothing. How can I troubleshoot this further please?

Did you look at the container's log? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have this and plex on my system and I want to be sure plex will have the ability to transcode if needed, will niceness allow this or can I just set which cpu's handbrake can use, with my old handbrake docker i used Cpu set but I couldnt find it on this one? Thanks for the update, very usuable docker!

9 hours ago, tater said:

I have this and plex on my system and I want to be sure plex will have the ability to transcode if needed, will niceness allow this or can I just set which cpu's handbrake can use, with my old handbrake docker i used Cpu set but I couldnt find it on this one? Thanks for the update, very usuable docker!

Both methods can work.

If you want to limit the number of cpu/core the container can use, see:

When i use the watch folder to encode a video, i cant see the progress in the handbrake container. Is this an error, or intended?

Where can i see the progress of my encoding when using the watch folder to automatically encode a video?

11 minutes ago, Struck said:

When i use the watch folder to encode a video, i cant see the progress in the handbrake container. Is this an error, or intended?

Where can i see the progress of my encoding when using the watch folder to automatically encode a video?

Where are you looking exactly?  You should see the progress in the container's log.

58 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

I would think it's likely because it's "background" process encoding, not a foreground GUI driven process.

Yes this is my though too.

The problem is, i don't realy know when it is done encoding.

Another thing i am wondering about is how to use symlinks in the watch folder.

Instead of me moving the data from the array to the watch share i would like to use symlinks (if possible)

I tried creating a symlink with Krusader, but this didn't trigger handbrake to do anything.

I tried to use symlinks for both folders and files directly in the watch folder.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Struck said:

The problem is, i don't realy know when it is done encoding.

Look at the container's log to get the status of the encoding.

1 hour ago, Struck said:

Instead of me moving the data from the array to the watch share i would like to use symlinks (if possible)

I tried creating a symlink with Krusader, but this didn't trigger handbrake to do anything.

I tried to use symlinks for both folders and files directly in the watch folder.

Again, look at the log to see if there is any error.  Make sure to make a symlink to something accessible by the container.

When adding this container, both the Storage field and the Output field have a single asterisk. The asterisk notes at the bottom seem to apply to the Output field, but not necessarily the Storage field. Or am I missing the point? What is the purpose of the Storage field?

Cheers, Richard

2 hours ago, RichardU said:

When adding this container, both the Storage field and the Output field have a single asterisk. The asterisk notes at the bottom seem to apply to the Output field, but not necessarily the Storage field. Or am I missing the point? What is the purpose of the Storage field?

Cheers, Richard

The Storage parameter contains the location of your data on the host.  So when you use HandBrake and want to open a files, you will look into /storage to access your host's files.

14 minutes ago, Djoss said:

The Storage parameter contains the location of your data on the host.  So when you use HandBrake and want to open a files, you will look into /storage to access your host's files.

Then it would seem that Storage: * should Not have an asterisk since none of the asterisk notes seem to apply.

8 minutes ago, RichardU said:

Then it would seem that Storage: * should Not have an asterisk since none of the asterisk notes seem to apply.

What are the notes your are talking about?  I think the asterisk only means it's a mandatory setting.

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

What are the notes your are talking about?  I think the asterisk only means it's a mandatory setting.

Please disregard. The notes below "Subdirectory of the output folder ..." are in fact bullets. They looked like asterisks on the shrunken screen in my server room.

Chers, Richard

On 5/2/2018 at 3:18 AM, Struck said:

Any ideas?

Here's one way of doing it from the command line:

I'm sure you can achieve the same from Krusader but I don't know how. I use Midnight Commander and there it's a two step process: 1. create symlink 2. edit symlink to replace the first part (/mnt/user/Media) with something the docker can understand (/storage)

I know this works for files, but haven't tried folders. Please report back if you test that.