[Support] Djoss - MKVToolNix

Connect to your unRAID server via ssh and run the following command to login into container.

docker exec -ti MKVToolNix sh

Then you can check permissions as usual:

ls -l /
ls -l /storage

And also look the directory where you save the video.

Looks like your /storage volume is read only...  To confirm, you can see the content of the template by running this command on unRAID:

cat /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-MKVToolNix.xml

Did you installed the container via the Community Applications plugin?

My Bad completely.

When you first uploaded your container I used that template via Community App page. 

And when It didn't work I just kept on using the template that was saved through unraid.

I did a fresh install using the Community Applications and voila!

It works now.

Currently, this is the expected behavior.  The x11vnc server running inside the container automatically disables key autorepeat to work around common problems.

This default behavior can be changed however.  So let me know if you think it's something important to you.  I could add the ability to pass extra parameters to x11vnc (via an environment variable).

19 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Currently, this is the expected behavior.  The x11vnc server running inside the container automatically disables key autorepeat to work around common problems.

This default behavior can be changed however.  So let me know if you think it's something important to you.  I could add the ability to pass extra parameters to x11vnc (via an environment variable).

It would be a nice feature, but I'm not sure it's worth it if it creates problems.

On 6/30/2017 at 7:27 AM, dlandon said:

It would be a nice feature, but I'm not sure it's worth it if it creates problems.

In the latest version, there is a new setting to pass custom options to x11vnc.  Try to add the following one:

-repeat

This enables key autorepeat.  You can test and see if it creates any problem for you (like duplicated characters during normal typing).

4 hours ago, Djoss said:

In the latest version, there is a new setting to pass custom options to x11vnc.  Try to add the following one:

-repeat

This enables key autorepeat.  You can test and see if it creates any problem for you (like duplicated characters during normal typing).

Seems to work just fine.

Container is running and i can log in from webui but i cant login from terminal?

root@Tower:/# docker inspect --format="{{ .State.Running }}" MKVToolNix
true
root@Tower:/# docker exec -ti MKVToolNix /bin/bash
rpc error: code = 2 desc = containerd: container not started

23 hours ago, Djoss said:

You could add a wrapper to your script that installs bash if needed:

apk --no-cache add bash

Thanks that really helped.

But if you can add bash and curl to the container i will be appriciated. Or is there any proper and easy way to add bash and curl to my container that can survive container update?

I don't want to add packages that are not needed, because it increases uselessly the size of the image. And I guess that each user could have its own package preferences...

However, if you check and install any missing packages yourself, you don't need to worry about container updates.  And this add just a little overhead.

You can have something like this:

REQUIRED_PKG="bash curl"
for PKG in $REQUIRED_PKG; do
    if ! apk info 2>/dev/null | grep -qw $PKG; then
        apk --no-cache add $PKG
    fi
done

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...