Jump to content
Djoss

[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

791 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

And again... Changed it to 16384M now..

 

 

ERROR: CrashPlan for Small Business is running out of memory. The application crashed because of lack of memory. More memory needs to be allocated. This can be done via the CRASHPLAN_SRV_MAX_MEM environment variable.

Edited by Helmonder

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Helmonder said:

Seems that did it... It is stable now..

Great!

By curiosity, the error shown in the log should also be reported on the UI in a pop-up window.  Did you see it?

Share this post


Link to post

I was just looking for a file (someone deleted something they shouldn't have) and noticed that none of my files/folders written in Japanese are showing up in the backup. I went in to Add Backup Set and any folder/file with Japanese is showing up as a "?"  for the character. How do I add Japanese language support to the docker? Or, could I request that Japanese character support be added to the docker?

 

 

The files look like this

5a615d0a134bf_.PNG.56d0b7ad7eb75b0f387ab71e5dcf2e46.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ryoko227 said:

I was just looking for a file (someone deleted something they shouldn't have) and noticed that none of my files/folders written in Japanese are showing up in the backup. I went in to Add Backup Set and any folder/file with Japanese is showing up as a "?"  for the character. How do I add Japanese language support to the docker? Or, could I request that Japanese character support be added to the docker?

 

 

The files look like this

5a615d0a134bf_.PNG.56d0b7ad7eb75b0f387ab71e5dcf2e46.PNG

 

Can you try to run the following command to see if it helps?  Restart the container after running it.

docker exec CrashPlanPRO add-pkg wqy-zenhei --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing

 

Share this post


Link to post

Trying to migrate from Gfjardim container to this one and I can't even seem to add the App. It's been a while so I'm rusty but if I recall, you click on 'Add' then check the directories and click 'Create', no?

 

I do that and nothing happens....

 

Uggghhh now I tried updating UN  and Docker isn't working at all FML.

 

 

Edited by J.R.

Share this post


Link to post

Are you using the Community Applications plugin to install the container?

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Are you using the Community Applications plugin to install the container?

 

I was attempting to, yes. But now Docker isn't even loading.

Share this post


Link to post

Well that's interesting.... re-pointed UN to the docker img location and now Docker is loading but without any of my existing containers...

Share this post


Link to post

So you disabled and re-enabled docker service (in Settings->Docker)?

If your containers were installed by the CA plugin, you should be able to re-install them easily using the CA plugin: select the "Previous Apps" section and choose the ones you want to re-install.

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Djoss said:

So you disabled and re-enabled docker service (in Settings->Docker)?

If your containers were installed by the CA plugin, you should be able to re-install them easily using the CA plugin: select the "Previous Apps" section and choose the ones you want to re-install.

 

No it wouldn't even 'enable' until I re-pointed it to the img file.

 

Anyway, I digress... Did that just not clear now if I should re-install old version of Crashplan before I migrate to this one or just install your new version?

Share this post


Link to post
On 2018/1/19 at 9:11 PM, Djoss said:

 

Can you try to run the following command to see if it helps?  Restart the container after running it.


docker exec CrashPlanPRO add-pkg wqy-zenhei --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing

 

 

Hey Djoss, thank you for the responce. I ran the above, and while it seemed to install, I still have the "?" marks after a restart of the docker. Even if I change the application language to Japanese in options, the file names still show up "?"

 

EDIT - ps, the blank file/folder names are because I redacted them from the image

キャプチャ2.PNG

Edited by ryoko227

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, ryoko227 said:

 

Hey Djoss, thank you for the responce. I ran the above, and while it seemed to install, I still have the "?" marks after a restart of the docker. Even if I change the application language to Japanese in options, the file names still show up "?"

 

EDIT - ps, the blank file/folder names are because I redacted them from the image

キャプチャ2.PNG

 

Ok this should be fixed now.

Update to the latest image.  Then edit container's settings, add the variable ENABLE_CJK_FONT and set its value to 1.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Djoss said:

 

Ok this should be fixed now.

Update to the latest image.  Then edit container's settings, add the variable ENABLE_CJK_FONT and set its value to 1.

 

Worked like a charm! Thank you very much for your efforts and hard work, its very much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post

Is there a way I can reverse proxy to this container? I want to be able to check it from the outside when I'm logged into Organizr. 

 

I'm not sure what kind of VNC web service it's using so I haven't been able to find a working config.

 

Thanks!

Edited by CorneliousJD

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

Is there a way I can reverse proxy to this container? I want to be able to check it from the outside when I'm logged into Organizr. 

 

I'm not sure what kind of VNC web service it's using so I haven't been able to find a working config.

 

Thanks!

 

You are probably missing the part that proxies the websocket :

 

map $http_upgrade $connection_upgrade {
    default upgrade;
    ''      close;
}
server {
    [...]
    location /websockify {
        proxy_pass http://<unraid ip>:7810;
        proxy_http_version 1.1;
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection $connection_upgrade;
        proxy_read_timeout 86400;
    }
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Djoss said:

 

You are probably missing the part that proxies the websocket :

 


map $http_upgrade $connection_upgrade {
    default upgrade;
    ''      close;
}
server {
    [...]
    location /websockify {
        proxy_pass http://<unraid ip>:7810;
        proxy_http_version 1.1;
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection $connection_upgrade;
        proxy_read_timeout 86400;
    }
}

 


Super new to nginx and reverse proxying, so maybe I'm missing something but this isn't working for me? I just keep getting bad gateway or if I do get anything to load it's the VNC wrapper that shows it's disconnected and the image is broken in the top left too. 

 

If you know what I'm doing wrong let me know, would be very helpful, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Ok so I understand what you mean now @Djoss, here's my current config and the error I'm seeing. Still getting an error when the websocket goes to make the connection, gets error 200, so something is still off.

 

# CRASHPLAN CONTAINER
# NOT CURRENTLY WORKING
#	location /crashplan/ {
#	auth_request /auth-admin;
#   proxy_pass http://10.0.0.10:7810/;
#    proxy_http_version 1.1;
#    proxy_set_header Upgrade "$http_upgrade";
#    proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
#    proxy_read_timeout 86400;
#	}
# NEW TESTS BELOW
    location /websockify {
          proxy_pass http://10.0.0.10:7810/;
          proxy_http_version 1.1;
          proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
          proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
		  proxy_set_header Host $host;
          proxy_read_timeout 61s;
          proxy_buffering off;
    }
	location /crashplan/ {
          proxy_pass http://10.0.0.10:7810/;
          proxy_http_version 1.1;
          proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
          proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
		  proxy_set_header Host $host;
    }

 

2018-01-27 22_30_34-.png

Share this post


Link to post

Figured out what I was doing wrong. Leaving config here for anyone that needs to do something similar in the future.

 

The websockify needs to be port 7910, while the vnc itself is 7810. Oops! :)

Also the "auth_request" portion of this config is only if you're using Organizr with server-auth configured. 

Comment those lines out otherwise.

 

# CRASHPLAN CONTAINER
    location /websockify {
    	auth_request /auth-admin;
    	proxy_pass http://10.0.0.10:7910/;
    	proxy_http_version 1.1;
    	proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
    	proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
    	proxy_set_header Host $host;
    	proxy_read_timeout 61s;
    	proxy_buffering off;
    }
    location /crashplan/ {
    	auth_request /auth-admin;
    	proxy_pass http://10.0.0.10:7810/;
    	proxy_http_version 1.1;
    	proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
    	proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
    	proxy_set_header Host $host;
    }

 

Edited by CorneliousJD

Share this post


Link to post

Port 7810 should work for the websockify location.  This is the one used normally by the web UI.

Also we see in your JS errors that secure accesses (https/wss) are used to access the container.  If it’s what you want, you need to enable secure connection in container settings.

Share this post


Link to post

After trying myself to reverse proxy to the container using a subpath, I saw two problems:

  • The logo at top left can't be loaded.
  • Proxying multiple containers would not work, because currently the "websockify" path needs to be under the root (it should be under /crashplan).

I will update the image to better support this scenario and will document the required nginx configuration.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I am having a major issue here with this Docker.

I changed my account yesterday to the small business version of CrashPlan.

Installed this Docker via CA.

Made sure the config directory was different.../CrashPlanPro

Followed instructions here:  https://github.com/jlesage/docker-crashplan-pro#taking-over-existing-backup

Saw my missing files...it was doing a block sync so I let that finish.

Ran a backup as instructed...it didn't back up anything and everything was still missing.

When I got up this morning, I tried to open the WebUI and it was trying to open it on Port 5800 instead of 7810.

So I changed the port number in the URL and now I have nothing at all.

All I see is CrashPlan for Small Business in the upper left corner with a Red X next to it. (Tooltip says Server disconnected: code 1006)

And I see the four menu buttons on the top right.

Rest of the screen is blank.

Not sure what to do at this point...

Any ideas welcome.

Edited by Matt_G

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.