binhex

[Support] binhex - LibreOffice (Fresh)

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-libreoffice in the binhex repo.

Application: LibreOffice (Fresh) - https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-libreoffice/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-libreoffice

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer  :D

btn_donate_SM.gif

Edited by binhex

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Nice...

Ta, i didnt see any up to date containers running libreoffice so thought i would give it a whirl, only my second ui based docker image, but it seems to work pretty well, quite happy with it, figuring out why the damn menus wouldnt show was a real bitch, but got there in the end :-)

Cool, arch linux and libreoffice; was looking for a way to offload the office suite to my server to save the laptop some space.

Thanks for this, one less thing to worry about on all the machines at home.

I'll probably create 4 copies of the container to allow multiple simultaneous users and point each one in their specific user directory.

17 hours ago, Gog said:

Thanks for this, one less thing to worry about on all the machines at home.

I'll probably create 4 copies of the container to allow multiple simultaneous users and point each one in their specific user directory.

sounds a reasonable approach to me, im assuming libreoffice doesn't offer a profile/user type configuration option then?

sounds a reasonable approach to me, im assuming libreoffice doesn't offer a profile/user type configuration option then?
Can you provide assistance? I have the docket installed and running, however I don't see any way to open a document.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bambamkey said:

Can you provide assistance? I have the docket installed and running, however I don't see any way to open a document.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

hehe really? :-), isnt it on the main window when you start libreoffice? (sorry no access to libreoffice right now). i think all you do is choose writer and then you can create a new document or open an existing document, post some screenshots of where you are stuck.

On 4/24/2018 at 2:03 AM, mkono87 said:

When I click webup and it brings up vlc   nothing is displayed. 

sorry for the delay on this, it was more involved than first thought, ive now fixed it up and hopefully it will be more robust against future updates, please pull down the latest image and give it a whirl.

6 hours ago, binhex said:

sorry for the delay on this, it was more involved than first thought, ive now fixed it up and hopefully it will be more robust against future updates, please pull down the latest image and give it a whirl.

Yes is works great now thank you :)

9 hours ago, ceyoung75 said:

has this been ported to 6.6.5 yet?  

What are you asking? That question doesn't compute.

I am running 6.6.5, when I attempt to install this docker its blank, no data, nothing.  so was curious if this is compatible with the latest version of unread and if not is going to be updated for it?

12 hours ago, ceyoung75 said:

curious if this is compatible with the latest version of unread

It works fine on Unraid 6.6.5.