[Support] binhex - Lidarr

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 7:07 PM, hmoney007 said:

Just wanted to follow up - I am still getting 100% cpu usage on lidarr for any cores i give it after somewhere between 1-24 hours of uptime on the container with no errors in logs. Any suggestions?

I have noticed that I have a Rescan Folders task that takes forever (hours) to run and to make it worse, multiple Rescan Folders tasks are queued up. So  once one finishes another will kick in shortly after. I suspect that this is at the heart of my issue. I did some searching and found this thread: https://github.com/lidarr/Lidarr/issues/1105
It mentions having many unmapped files, which I have a bunch of. Do you have the same behavior, I wonder? It's a tough thing to fix, as I can't manually map unmapped files until the Rescan Folders task ends, but you can't end the active scan in the UI. I am seeing if it's possible to end in the CLI, so I can map my files and see if that helps the situation out.

Anyway, just thought I would drop an update on what I have learned so far. Let me know if you have learned anything on your end.

Thanks!

Edited by UNRAID5
  • 3 months later...

Three questions. I use PIA for my VPN. How can I verify that I'm actually on the VPN when qbtvpn is running? Or won't it run at all if not connected? (currently it is running great, I just don't know if it is really on the VPN)

Second, if I use other VPN enabled *arr apps, is each one considered it's own computer, or are they all considered one login by PIA?  I have a limited about of 'uses' for PIA and I wouldn't want to get myself into a bind. (currently qbtvpn is the only one I'm using)

Third, I use port forwarding with PIA. Can I set, or does qbtvpn already, read whatever the port I'm given is and use that in it's settings?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 9:07 PM, hmoney007 said:

Just wanted to follow up - I am still getting 100% cpu usage on lidarr for any cores i give it after somewhere between 1-24 hours of uptime on the container with no errors in logs. Any suggestions?

I was having same issue.

For anyone having this issue, i found what i believe to possibly be the cause, at least it was in my case.

I imported a large number of files that weren't formatted/tagged quite correctly. After importing them, i used Lidarr to rename all the files one artist at a time, this way it shows the preview of what its going to do, and allows you to proceed or cancel. I did this because sometimes it wrongly identifies the track, or uses a strange release, so i was able to verify it was all correct.

If you enter the container console and run "htop", it shows the processes and one of them was what i believe to be the audio fingerprint process. It was stuck running on the same 3 files indefinitely. I believe at some point of moving/renaming files, the files it was currently working on broke the process and it was stuck, because the path of the file it was processing didnt exist any more.

Restarting the container fixed it permanently. 

I do have a question, im looking to use the mass editor to set all of the artists metadata to "none" but its not an option. 

Is there a way to set all of the hundreds of artists to none without having to do it individually?

Edited by TurboStreetCar
On 12/8/2022 at 9:42 PM, TurboStreetCar said:

I was having same issue.

For anyone having this issue, i found what i believe to possibly be the cause, at least it was in my case.

I imported a large number of files that weren't formatted/tagged quite correctly. After importing them, i used Lidarr to rename all the files one artist at a time, this way it shows the preview of what its going to do, and allows you to proceed or cancel. I did this because sometimes it wrongly identifies the track, or uses a strange release, so i was able to verify it was all correct.

If you enter the container console and run "htop", it shows the processes and one of them was what i believe to be the audio fingerprint process. It was stuck running on the same 3 files indefinitely. I believe at some point of moving/renaming files, the files it was currently working on broke the process and it was stuck, because the path of the file it was processing didnt exist any more.

Restarting the container fixed it permanently. 

I do have a question, im looking to use the mass editor to set all of the artists metadata to "none" but its not an option. 

Is there a way to set all of the hundreds of artists to none without having to do it individually?

You're a legend, TurboStreetCar. The htop trick worked for me too. I nuked the files the process was choking on and so far I appear to be back to normal. Thanks!

As for the mass editor question, just go into Library > Mass Editor > Click on the Options button and check the Metadata Profile option then click Close. That should do the trick for you.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:19 AM, UNRAID5 said:

You're a legend, TurboStreetCar. The htop trick worked for me too. I nuked the files the process was choking on and so far I appear to be back to normal. Thanks!

As for the mass editor question, just go into Library > Mass Editor > Click on the Options button and check the Metadata Profile option then click Close. That should do the trick for you.

Glad it worked!

Yep i got the option, but there's no "none" profile. You can only change it to standard.

Also it doesn't look like my recycle bin is emptying, and i don't see the task "clean up recycle bin" in my tasks menu.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

New to Lidarr and been trying but struggling to find the information
I think i created a tag to exclude vinyl. However i also see the setting to score exclude vinyl, but when i look at my already owned material after changing that score it scores at that number. Is the exclude vinyl number actually mean non-vinyls score this?

My goal is to set lidarr up to only look for flacs both regular and 24 bit but am struggling to accomplish this. I also tried to delete the any profile but it won't let me delete but i can't find anything associated to it

254002960_Screenshot2024-01-03at4_30_15PM.png.0cad91ce1b277685846d079e06b856bd.png

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 4.32.33 PM.png