(Solved) Cannot install Plex on Unraid version 6.4.0 - no such file or directory

Yipee

Hello All. I keep getting this error when I try to install Plex Media Server. Does anyone know what it means?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PLEX_CLAIM"="Insert Token from https://plex.tv/claim" -e "PLEX_UID"="99" -e "PLEX_GID"="100" -e "VERSION"="latest" -v "/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer/transcode/":"/transcode":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer/data/":"/data":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer/config/":"/config":rw plexinc/pms-docker:plexpass
611828f82e68b14fgdbc3511c23ab3ec97abdf1cf319f52a6ac000b94918d679
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: open /var/run/docker/libcontainerd/containerd/611828f82e68b14fgdbc3511c23ab3ec97abdf1cf319f52a6ac000b94918d679/init/shim-log.json: no such file or directory.

The command failed.

From the docker run command posted I think must be the docker from Plexinc.

That docker isn't developed or supported here. tdallen has already recommended alternatives.

I suspect you are trying to do this the hard way though. Are you actually entering that docker run command yourself? We normally install dockers from the webUI using Community Applications.

If you are doing all this from the command line then you will have to continue to work from the command line, instead of using the great webUI we all use for managing unRAID and its dockers.

Looking more closely at your run command though, I think you are probably supposed to 

59 minutes ago, Yipee said:

Insert Token from https://plex.tv/claim

But, you really should just drop this approach, take a look at the Docker FAQ, install Community Applications if you haven't already, and use it to try the plex docker from LinuxServer.io

Docker FAQ:

I just tried to install the linuxserver version of Plex from the Community Applications and got the same command error:

Command: root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="plex" --net="host" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "VERSION"="latest" -v "/mnt/user/appdata/plex/config/":"/config":rw linuxserver/plex

c1651ae7f2e9aaa716c7dafcb0b6df168abcd4fce8d851812cd78dfb7e886f1f
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: open /var/run/docker/libcontainerd/containerd/c1651ae7f2e9aaa716c7dafcb0b6df168abcd4fce8d851812cd78dfb7e886f1f/init/shim-log.json: no such file or directory.

The command failed.

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Did you delete docker.img?

What version of unRAID were you coming from before? If you were on 6.1.x it will probably necessary to recreate docker.img and reinstall from Community Applications - Previous Apps. The old version of docker isn't compatible.

10 hours ago, Yipee said:

The thing is I had Plex working fine until I updated Unraid to 6.4.0. Then Plex wouldn't start so I tried to reinstall it, I even deleted the docker and recreated but still no luck. 

Same problem here, I upgraded from 6.3.5 to 6.4, ran into the "usual" difficulties with my cache drive (had to reformat it), then dealt with letencrypt "changes"... and I had everything working correctly.

And now, 2 days later, in one fell swoop, I had:

letsencrypt

mariadb

nextcloud

krusader

all gone!

All are LinuxServer.io versions. And they worked well on 6.4 for a day or so.

Now if I click on the "advanced" button in the docker view, I get this:

image.thumb.png.7dc672fa30bff05fc9b1d6c8cacd2c3e.png

Why are my otherwise perfectly working dockers gone? And why are the others just fine?

No amount of rebooting will help there unfortunately. So as it took me weeks to get them running OK to start with, and as 6.4 changes a few things, I thought I'd better ask for advice first, before trying to reinstall or mess up with the existing settings. My gut feeling was to leave the settings in appdata cache and try to reinstall... but if I can get them back with something simpler, I'm all ears!

Delete the orphaned images.  Reinstall them from the Apps Tab, Previous Apps.  No changes to the template will be necessary.

If when installing, they return errors, then probably there's an issue on your flash drive, or you entered in information previously into the template that is no valid on 6.4

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Delete the orphaned images.  Reinstall them from the Apps Tab, Previous Apps.  No changes to the template will be necessary.

If when installing, they return errors, then probably there's an issue on your flash drive, or you entered in information previously into the template that is no valid on 6.4

Hi,

I'm gonna try that and report back. However, those dockers were running on 6.4 for 2 days before magically "getting orphaned". Nothing was done on my side, only autoupdates from the CA update plugin.

1 hour ago, denishay said:

Hi,

I'm gonna try that and report back. However, those dockers were running on 6.4 for 2 days before magically "getting orphaned". Nothing was done on my side, only autoupdates from the CA update plugin.

Diagnostics never hurts either if you still have problems.

19 hours ago, Squid said:

Diagnostics never hurts either if you still have problems.

Hi Squid,

Thanks. I tried removing the orphaned images and reinstall... and nothing was retained. I had to re-enter all the settings manually in the templates and none of those dockers is running with the previous content. I think I'm just gonna delete everything and restore an older backup.

This 6.4 has been nightmarish for me. Had I known in advance 6.4 was this "unsafe", I would have stayed with 6.3.5.

8 hours ago, trurl said:

Are you still trying to use the Plexinc docker?

I've tried other version too but still no luck. I also tried to install one other Apps but still get an error. Possibly an issue with my docker but I already deleted the docker including the img file and increase the image size to 40GB but it didn't make a difference.

Can you look at my log from my previous post to see if you can spot anything? I would appreciate it.

27 minutes ago, Squid said:

Did you use the Previous Apps section?

Your docker.img han't run out of space (only 2G used on the last diagnostics)

Squid,

I haven't try to use the previous app because I was running the limetech built and I saw that's they no longer supported. Not sure if that would work either since it wouldn't start again right after I updated Unraid to 6.4.0. It was working fine on the previous version of Unraid 6.3.5, I think.

So I reformatted my cache drive and tried again but still no luck. Keep seeing the same errors:
Jan 24 23:44:54 Tower kernel: docker-containe[26183]: segfault at 30f010 ip 000000000030f010 sp 00007ffd01436a30 error 14 in docker-containerd-shim[400000+303000]
Jan 24 23:47:08 Tower kernel: docker-containe[31462]: segfault at 30f010 ip 000000000030f010 sp 00007ffda4b61610 error 14 in docker-containerd-shim[400000+303000]
Jan 24 23:47:43 Tower kernel: docker-containe[354]: segfault at 30f010 ip 000000000030f010 sp 00007ffda3cae760 error 14 in docker-containerd-shim[400000+303000]

On 24/01/2018 at 5:46 PM, trurl said:

I think it's more likely that you just ran out of space in docker.img. Do you know how to see how full it is?

Using the advanced view (at least that's how I monitor it). As you can see, there was still plenty of space left. Barely 9 GB used out of 30.

Total devices 1 FS bytes used 4.37GiB
	devid    1 size 30.00GiB used 9.02GiB path /dev/loop2

Archived