Jump to content
Djoss

[Support] Djoss - Firefox

127 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 2/21/2019 at 11:14 AM, bakes82 said:

Any update on when this docker will be upgraded?

The update is now available :)

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Djoss said:

The update is now available :)

Just came to share my appreciation. Any reasons for sticking with an older product line (62.x) rather than a newer or newest (65.x) version.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Can someone walk me through how to get this running behind an NGINX reverse proxy?  I'm using the linuxserver.io LetsEncrypt container.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

Sounds like no one uses alpine,  Try arch?

Huh? Lots of people use alpine, it's a distro with a specific target audience.

Share this post


Link to post

I am getting an error when I try to access this docker. I haven't changed anything since installing it but also havent used it in a while. Screenshot below

 

hrIXJUj.png

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Aurao said:

I am getting an error when I try to access this docker. I haven't changed anything since installing it but also havent used it in a while. Screenshot below

 

hrIXJUj.png

Clearing your browser's cache should fix this.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Aurao said:

I am getting an error when I try to access this docker. I haven't changed anything since installing it but also havent used it in a while. Screenshot below

 

hrIXJUj.png

may also try hostname instead ip, works here on all dockers from djoss in my setup, had the same issue with ip ...

Share this post


Link to post

@Djoss

 

I see that sound support is added, however, I don't see /dev/snd as an existing path on unraid. Is sound possible for this container on unraid, or do the instructions for "Sound Support" pertain to other docker hosts?

Edited by surfshack66

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/28/2019 at 3:02 PM, surfshack66 said:

@Djoss

 

I see that sound support is added, however, I don't see /dev/snd as an existing path on unraid. Is sound possible for this container on unraid, or do the instructions for "Sound Support" pertain to other docker hosts?

To my knowledge there is no sound support on unRAID (no driver).   But yes this feature could be used on other setups.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi

 

My firefox docker has just started failing to start. ive tried completely removing it and reinstalling it but no luck. See log.

 

 

 

fire.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dfox1787 said:

My firefox docker has just started failing to start. ive tried completely removing it and reinstalling it but no luck. See log.

 

Because of the error listed, maybe post your diagnostics and the docker run command

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Squid said:

Because of the error listed, maybe post your diagnostics and the docker run command

Theres my unraid diags.
 Not sure what you mean by the docker run command. Could you elaborate?

 

media-diagnostics-20190818-1515.zip

Edited by dfox1787

Share this post


Link to post

You seem to have corrupted file(s) in your appdata folder.  Can you try to start with a fresh appdata folder:

  • Stop the container.
  • Move the appdata folder: mv /mnt/user/appdata/Firefox /mnt/user/appdata/Firefox.backup
  • Start the container.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/19/2019 at 1:18 PM, Djoss said:

You seem to have corrupted file(s) in your appdata folder.  Can you try to start with a fresh appdata folder:

  • Stop the container.
  • Move the appdata folder: mv /mnt/user/appdata/Firefox /mnt/user/appdata/Firefox.backup
  • Start the container.

thank you that worked. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Djoss,

 

thank you for this nice container. I really enjoy using it. So I have a question regarding the keyboard layout. Any possiblities to change them to another then the englisch one?

 

Edit:

Oh I see that the problem i had, was not firefox / container specific. I opened a tab with guacamole running to open a rdp connection to one of my systems. So I have to set the keyboard layout within the connection profile in guacamole. So sorry for my dump question 😞

Edited by ph0b0s101

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Djoss,

 

me again ;-)

So is there a possibility to have multiple instances of this docker? Why i am asking? So I would provide a firefox instance for my girlfriend and me, but with only one instance the other person which is connection, will see my session, my bookmarks etc. 

 

Anything I can do to achieve this?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.