[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, binhex said:

from your log:-
2024-07-08 10:30:40 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAIL

Please see Q16 from the following link:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Hey,

I have checked the following:

Cause: Your subscription has run out

Answer: It's still valid

Cause: You have not typed in your username (VPN_USER value) and/or password (VPN_PASS value) correctly

Answer: I have change the password to be sure, made sure there is no whitespace in either box and also tried using my normal username/password as well as the "Service credentials (manual setup)"

Cause: You are using the wrong credentials

Answer: These have been tested as working as I can use the Nord desktop app by logging in and using it that way.

Cause: Your password contains a character which may cause issues

Answer: The new password only contains letters a-z (upper case or lower case) and numbers 0-9

Cause: Your password is too long

Answer: The Password is less than 99 characters

Cause: Out of date openvpn config file (ovpn extension)

Answer: I have changed these to ensure they are up to date (old: uk1602 new: uk1626)

Cause: The vpn provider you have signed up with is having authentication issues

Answer: I have sent them an email for support but I am just waiting for a reply.

Could anything else be causing this do you think as it's strange that nothing was changed but it stopped working.

Thanks

Edited by ArxKnight
10 hours ago, binhex said:

from your log:-
2024-07-08 10:30:40 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAIL

Please see Q16 from the following link:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Fixed it, the ovpn files it was using were having issues by the looks of it. I used https://nordvpn.com/servers/tools/ to get some different ones as the ones I was picking out of the big list were broken by the looks of it.

image.thumb.png.66d4e4fbeb38a058dba8ab370d1dc432.png

Thank you very much for all your help ❤️ 

• Like 1
On 7/7/2024 at 2:59 AM, binhex said:

correct again ;-)

On the otherhand, will there be any advantages to go to the version that has the libtorrentv2 lib? Tempted to leave well enough alone even when 7 comes out.

Hey one issue that I'm having when trying to configure qbittorrent for unraid is that I'm unable to right click in the WebUI portion and instead I just the browser context menu. Is there anyway I can add categories without right clicking or a way to enable right clicking so that I am able to finish configuring my setup?

1 hour ago, indefiance said:

Hey one issue that I'm having when trying to configure qbittorrent for unraid is that I'm unable to right click in the WebUI portion and instead I just the browser context menu. Is there anyway I can add categories without right clicking or a way to enable right clicking so that I am able to finish configuring my setup?

works for me using chrome browser.

image.thumb.png.a4dfceb7f9e86c9af350c25097317a42.png

I haven't changed anything and all of a sudden I can't access the webgui. It's driving me crazy right now. My arrs have no problems connecting to qbittorrent but for some reason I can't go to the webui myself. Again I haven't changed anything. I finally got fed up with it and tried reinstalling qbittorrent and still nothing.

13 minutes ago, Tenno23 said:

I haven't changed anything and all of a sudden I can't access the webgui. It's driving me crazy right now. My arrs have no problems connecting to qbittorrent but for some reason I can't go to the webui myself. Again I haven't changed anything. I finally got fed up with it and tried reinstalling qbittorrent and still nothing.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/75539-support-binhex-qbittorrentvpn/?do=findComment&comment=695806

I fixed the webui issue but now my issue is that it seems to be completely broken. It claims all files are missing and rechecking doesn't work it tires to download them again instead and then they error. New downloads instantly mark as "errored".

*EDIT* I fixed the issues myself.

Edited by Tenno23
help no longer needed

Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble getting my qBittorrent container to start using Docker Compose. I keep getting this error:

[ERROR] Rolling back changes because of -- Container start errorqbittorrent : Error response from daemon: failed to create task for container: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: open /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/src_valid_mark=1: no such file or directory: unknown

Here's the relevant part of my Docker Compose file:

yaml
qbittorrent:
  image: binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:latest
  container_name: qbittorrent
  sysctls:
    - net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1
  privileged: true
  cap_add:
    - NET_ADMIN
    - SYS_MODULE
  environment:
    - VPN_ENABLED=yes
    - VPN_PROV=nordvpn
    - VPN_CLIENT=wireguard
  # Other standard environment variables and volume mounts...

I'm using NordVPN with WireGuard, and I'm running this through Cosmos (a Docker management UI). The error seems to be related to the `sysctls` setting.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm wondering if it's something to do with how Cosmos is handling the Docker Compose file, or if there's a problem with the binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn image when using WireGuard.

Any ideas on how to fix this or alternative configurations I could try would be super helpful. Thanks in advance!

Hi Binhex and Community,

I am looking for a suggestion or solution for the following use case.

There are 4 binhex - qBittorrentVPN containers running on my Unraid Instance. This is because I create a new container for every 10,000 .torrent files. No containers currently use Privoxy, Microsocks or a VPN file as I only torrent legal content and files. Each container has it's own external port forwarded in the router.

If I do decide to implement Privoxy, Microsocks and a VPN, what is the best way to do this for all containers? Can I point them all at a single Privoxy and Microsocks instance, or should I run a different set in each binhex - qBittorrentVPN container?

Also, do Privoxy and Microsocks provide any extra benefits when using .torrent files from reputable sources and not having a SOCKS proxy provided by my VPN company?

Hello everyone! I hope I don't post in the wrong topic. Since my first day of Unraid, I am unable to add torrents in the Start state. Every single torrent I add is Paused. Things I've done:
1. Prowlarr/Radarr/Sonarr->Settings->Qbittorrent "Initial State: Start"
2. All the settings in qBittorrent are triple checked, nothing seems out of ordinary.

What should I check? Adding them in ForceStart state is not an option for me, cuz they will seed indefinitely.
Thank you!

8 hours ago, Weetbix M Milk said:

If I do decide to implement Privoxy, Microsocks and a VPN, what is the best way to do this for all containers? Can I point them all at a single Privoxy and Microsocks instance, or should I run a different set in each binhex - qBittorrentVPN container?

you can do either, do keep in mind though most vpn providers limit the bandwidth for a single tunnel so you may get better speeds if you simply enabled the vpn for each qbittorrentvpn container instead.

41 minutes ago, gvrx said:

Hello everyone! I hope I don't post in the wrong topic. Since my first day of Unraid, I am unable to add torrents in the Start state. Every single torrent I add is Paused. Things I've done:
1. Prowlarr/Radarr/Sonarr->Settings->Qbittorrent "Initial State: Start"
2. All the settings in qBittorrent are triple checked, nothing seems out of ordinary.

What should I check? Adding them in ForceStart state is not an option for me, cuz they will seed indefinitely.
Thank you!

most probably path related:- I will need to see a log to help further, please see the following link:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md#unraid-users

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Unraid and I have been trying to figure out how to reference other containers by container name from within qbittorrent.

For example, I have both the 'binhex-qbittorrentvpn' container and 'cross-seed' container on the same custom network.

I noticed that from the 'cross-seed' container's console, I can ping 'binhex-qbittorrentvpn' and get a successful ping result.

/config $ ping binhex-qbittorrentvpn
PING binhex-qbittorrentvpn (172.18.0.166): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 172.18.0.166: seq=0 ttl=42 time=0.043 ms

However, on the contrary, if I use the 'binhex-qbittorrentvpn' container's console, and ping 'cross-seed'. The ping fails.

sh-5.2# ping cross-seed
ping: cross-seed: Name or service not known

I wanted to do a curl command from within the qbittorrent container to cross-seed, by referring to cross-seed  by hostname, but found curl only works if I type the IP. I know that I can set a static docker IP, to get around this, but I am trying to learn how this all works, and would prefer a hostname.

# Does not work if I refer to the cross-seed container as 'cross-seed'.
curl -XPOST http://cross-seed:2468/

# Works if I use the internal docker IP and Port of the cross-seed container
curl -XPOST http://172.18.0.99:2468/     

I checked the FAQ on Github, but didn't see anything relevant, although I am not a network engineer and just discovering homelabs. So apologies if this was covered.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Edited by sh1988
10 minutes ago, gvrx said:

OK can you please also paste a screenshot of Options/Downloads in the qBittorrent web ui, i am particular interested in the completed and incomplete paths, my suspicion is that is not correctly defined and therefore it cannot start the torrent as it has nowhere to save to.