[Support] Linuxserver.io - Grocy

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Arcau said:

Any chance this would work with a tablet and intergrate with a barcode scanning app or something? Or do I need a direct attached usb scanner?

Great program btw very well done!!!

You would have to give that request to the grocy developers directly.

3 hours ago, Arcau said:

Any chance this would work with a tablet and intergrate with a barcode scanning app or something? Or do I need a direct attached usb scanner?

Great program btw very well done!!!

Depends on the tablet. The UI is simply a web page, so if you can configure your tablet to use a barcode enabled keyboard app, then it works fine. A barcode scanning app isn't enough, it must be able to send input to the web page.

OK, so next question is there a way to download a recipe book or pdf or anything to Grocy, or do I have to manually enter everything?????

Any suggestions on this at all?

I would like to set it up so my partner and kid can just open the tablet and there it all is.

45 minutes ago, Arcau said:

is there a way to download a recipe book or pdf or anything to Grocy, or do I have to manually enter everything??

The equipment section can host pdf files.

If you want a recipe to cross reference with the stock that you entered, you will need to enter and link those stock items manually. I suppose you could just copy and paste the recipe if you don't care about items being checked and pulled out inventory.

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to disable some features in data/config.php, but the Docker image does not set the permissions correctly for unRAID use. When I try "chmod 666 config.php; ls -l config.php" I see that my permission change has been ignored.

I had to ssh into the unRAID server to edit this file. Is it possible for the image to set the permissions correctly so the config can be edited from appdata without this step?

Thanks

3 hours ago, ElectricBadger said:

I'm trying to disable some features in data/config.php, but the Docker image does not set the permissions correctly for unRAID use. When I try "chmod 666 config.php; ls -l config.php" I see that my permission change has been ignored.

I had to ssh into the unRAID server to edit this file. Is it possible for the image to set the permissions correctly so the config can be edited from appdata without this step?

Thanks

The permission on the appdata folder are set correctly at container startup to be owned by nobody:user which from within the docker container is represented by abc:abc and inherits the PUID and GUID set in the template.  As shown here

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-grocy/blob/master/root/etc/cont-init.d/50-config#L19

TL:DR The permissions are correct, the issue is probably the smb connection to your appdata share.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Maldar said:

I seem to be getting a blank page when installing the docker.  Anyone have any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?  Seems like a straight forward docker.  No port conflicts.

Getting the same problem.

If I open the nginx log (/appdata/grocy/log/nginx) I get:

2019/05/11 19:56:40 [error] 299#299: *21 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/app/grocy/data/viewcache/280834de7e8f30ba6d5b5ffd2e411299adf3057f.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/filesystem/Filesystem.php on line 122
PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(/app/grocy/data/viewcache/280834de7e8f30ba6d5b5ffd2e411299adf3057f.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/PhpEngine.php on line 43
PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/app/grocy/data/viewcache/280834de7e8f30ba6d5b5ffd2e411299adf3057f.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php7') in /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/PhpEngine.php on line 43" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.191, server: _, request: "GET /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.0.10:9283"
2019/05/11 19:56:46 [error] 299#299: *17 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/app/grocy/data/viewcache/280834de7e8f30ba6d5b5ffd2e411299adf3057f.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/filesystem/Filesystem.php on line 122
PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(/app/grocy/data/viewcache/280834de7e8f30ba6d5b5ffd2e411299adf3057f.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/PhpEngine.php on line 43
PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/app/grocy/data/viewcache/280834de7e8f30ba6d5b5ffd2e411299adf3057f.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php7') in /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/PhpEngine.php on line 43" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.191, server: _, request: "GET /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.0.10:9283", referrer: "http://192.168.0.10/Docker"

9 hours ago, zerohour said:

Getting the same problem.

If I open the nginx log (/appdata/grocy/log/nginx) I get:

2019/05/11 19:56:40 [error] 299#299: *21 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/app/grocy/data/viewcache/280834de7e8f30ba6d5b5ffd2e411299adf3057f.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/filesystem/Filesystem.php on line 122
PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/app/grocy/data/viewcache/280834de7e8f30ba6d5b5ffd2e411299adf3057f.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php7') in /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/PhpEngine.php on line 43" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.191, server: _, request: "GET /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.0.10:9283"
2019/05/11 19:56:46 [error] 299#299: *17 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/app/grocy/data/viewcache/280834de7e8f30ba6d5b5ffd2e411299adf3057f.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/filesystem/Filesystem.php on line 122
PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/app/grocy/data/viewcache/280834de7e8f30ba6d5b5ffd2e411299adf3057f.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php7') in /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/PhpEngine.php on line 43" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.191, server: _, request: "GET /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.0.10:9283", referrer: "http://192.168.0.10/Docker"

I'm getting a blank page after install

2 hours ago, cyberrad said:

I checked in on their Discord and CHBMB stated he was working on it.

That's not quite what I said. 

I said I was looking at it, and also couldn't get it working, however on our test systems and another ls.io member's machine they were unable to reproduce it.  So that makes it very tricky to try and pin down as it's not reproducible.

Also, the maintainer of this container is kind of busy with real life at the moment.

We will look at it, but it might not be a quick fix.

OK, so haven't worked out the issue yet, however with FRESH APPDATA a pull from

linuxserver/grocy:v2.3.0-ls16

Regardless I've opened an issue on our Github to track things, and it's also a good example of the sort of info you should be posting as a minimum, (docker run command and docker logs.)  @Lee B even added on that and posted some Nginx logs.

Reports that just say it doesn't work are not terribly useful.

Edited by CHBMB
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2019 at 5:21 PM, jonathanm said:

This docker is great, I spent some time today setting up my household inventory, forwarded it through LE, went shopping and had the live shopping list on wife and my phones. Freakin' awesome!

The documentation for the app is a little sparse, anybody figured out a way to quickly dump the complete inventory dataset to a csv or similar? I'd love to keep a backup in plain text now that I've spent a bunch of time setting it up.

Just curious if you're still using this app and if so, how are you keeping inventory up to date? I love the idea of this, but am spending too much time to keep it up to date, so I'm thinking I might be overdoing it.

3 hours ago, nate1749 said:

Just curious if you're still using this app and if so, how are you keeping inventory up to date? I love the idea of this, but am spending too much time to keep it up to date, so I'm thinking I might be overdoing it.

Still actively using it, ALL members of the household must be invested in keeping it current, or it doesn't work, like you said. It's just me and the wife, and she sees the value of keeping it up to date because it makes shopping much quicker. Most interactions are on our phones, I only used a full size browser during initial inventory load. Making dinner? grab phone, click on grocy, scroll down stock overview screen and tap on everything we opened. I don't track opened and partial things as a general rule, if the package is opened, it's out of inventory. I also don't track stuff that doesn't stick around more than a week, like bread.

The inventory list is purely reserve stock, nothing currently being consumed.

Now, I only track items that I know through past experience are an issue when shopping, I don't track everything. For example, we shop at bulk stores typically 5 or 6 times each year, and it's really easy to forget you purchased a 3 pack of ketchup last time, and end up with 7 unopened bottles. As I type this, I have 87 line items with 665 total units tracked. I can easily think of at least 20 more consumable items that are not tracked, simply because it's not worth the effort. If they run out and I don't remember to purchase replacements, I didn't need them anyway. Luxury items like ice cream, candy, canned drinks, etc.

This app is great for people with the correct amount of OCD tendency.

(no relation to true medically diagnosed OCD, I know the difference and am eternally grateful I'm not)

You need to care enough to be motivated to keep the counts close, but not so OCD that every item on the shelf is entered and tracked.

Thanks for the detailed reply, I really appreciate it as it seems like you've got some solid best practices for most people.  I'm just tracking too much and I need to incorporate your exceptions of ignoring luxury items, perishables with a short lifetime, and if anything gets opened mark it as out of inventory. I've been trying to track all of that stuff and when I realized I was putting more time into inventory tracking than time it would take to run to the store to get another, I stopped using it. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

When accessing the "Chores Overview" page I get the following error:

Slim Application Error
The application could not run because of the following error:

Details
Type: ErrorException
Message: Undefined class constant 'CHORE_TYPE_MANUALLY' (View: /app/grocy/views/choresoverview.blade.php)
File: /config/data/viewcache/88ca83e7d11e0a008f00f5797ba968522648376d.php
Line: 57
Trace
#0 /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/PhpEngine.php(47): Illuminate\View\Engines\CompilerEngine->handleViewException(Object(Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError), 2)
#1 /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/CompilerEngine.php(59): Illuminate\View\Engines\PhpEngine->evaluatePath('/app/grocy/data...', Array)
#2 /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/View.php(142): Illuminate\View\Engines\CompilerEngine->get('/app/grocy/view...', Array)
#3 /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/View.php(125): Illuminate\View\View->getContents()
#4 /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/View.php(90): Illuminate\View\View->renderContents()
#5 /app/grocy/vendor/rubellum/slim-blade-view/src/Blade.php(173): Illuminate\View\View->render()
#6 /app/grocy/vendor/rubellum/slim-blade-view/src/Blade.php(65): Slim\Views\Blade->fetch('choresoverview', Array)
#7 /app/grocy/controllers/ChoresController.php(32): Slim\Views\Blade->render(Object(Slim\Http\Response), 'choresoverview', Array)
#8 [internal function]: Grocy\Controllers\ChoresController->Overview(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Array)
#9 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Handlers/Strategies/RequestResponse.php(40): call_user_func(Array, Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Array)
#10 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php(281): Slim\Handlers\Strategies\RequestResponse->__invoke(Array, Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Array)
#11 /app/grocy/middleware/SessionAuthMiddleware.php(57): Slim\Route->__invoke(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#12 [internal function]: Grocy\Middleware\SessionAuthMiddleware->__invoke(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Object(Slim\Route))
#13 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/DeferredCallable.php(57): call_user_func_array(Object(Grocy\Middleware\SessionAuthMiddleware), Array)
#14 [internal function]: Slim\DeferredCallable->__invoke(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Object(Slim\Route))
#15 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareAwareTrait.php(70): call_user_func(Object(Slim\DeferredCallable), Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Object(Slim\Route))
#16 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareAwareTrait.php(117): Slim\Route->Slim\{closure}(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#17 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php(268): Slim\Route->callMiddlewareStack(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#18 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(503): Slim\Route->run(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#19 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareAwareTrait.php(117): Slim\App->__invoke(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#20 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(392): Slim\App->callMiddlewareStack(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#21 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(297): Slim\App->process(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#22 /app/grocy/app.php(80): Slim\App->run()
#23 /app/grocy/public/index.php(3): require_once('/app/grocy/app....')
#24 {main}
Previous exception
Type: Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError
File: /config/data/viewcache/88ca83e7d11e0a008f00f5797ba968522648376d.php
Line: 57
Trace
#0 /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/PhpEngine.php(43): include()
#1 /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/Engines/CompilerEngine.php(59): Illuminate\View\Engines\PhpEngine->evaluatePath('/app/grocy/data...', Array)
#2 /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/View.php(142): Illuminate\View\Engines\CompilerEngine->get('/app/grocy/view...', Array)
#3 /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/View.php(125): Illuminate\View\View->getContents()
#4 /app/grocy/vendor/illuminate/view/View.php(90): Illuminate\View\View->renderContents()
#5 /app/grocy/vendor/rubellum/slim-blade-view/src/Blade.php(173): Illuminate\View\View->render()
#6 /app/grocy/vendor/rubellum/slim-blade-view/src/Blade.php(65): Slim\Views\Blade->fetch('choresoverview', Array)
#7 /app/grocy/controllers/ChoresController.php(32): Slim\Views\Blade->render(Object(Slim\Http\Response), 'choresoverview', Array)
#8 [internal function]: Grocy\Controllers\ChoresController->Overview(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Array)
#9 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Handlers/Strategies/RequestResponse.php(40): call_user_func(Array, Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Array)
#10 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php(281): Slim\Handlers\Strategies\RequestResponse->__invoke(Array, Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Array)
#11 /app/grocy/middleware/SessionAuthMiddleware.php(57): Slim\Route->__invoke(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#12 [internal function]: Grocy\Middleware\SessionAuthMiddleware->__invoke(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Object(Slim\Route))
#13 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/DeferredCallable.php(57): call_user_func_array(Object(Grocy\Middleware\SessionAuthMiddleware), Array)
#14 [internal function]: Slim\DeferredCallable->__invoke(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Object(Slim\Route))
#15 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareAwareTrait.php(70): call_user_func(Object(Slim\DeferredCallable), Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response), Object(Slim\Route))
#16 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareAwareTrait.php(117): Slim\Route->Slim\{closure}(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#17 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php(268): Slim\Route->callMiddlewareStack(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#18 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(503): Slim\Route->run(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#19 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/MiddlewareAwareTrait.php(117): Slim\App->__invoke(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#20 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(392): Slim\App->callMiddlewareStack(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#21 /app/grocy/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/App.php(297): Slim\App->process(Object(Slim\Http\Request), Object(Slim\Http\Response))
#22 /app/grocy/app.php(80): Slim\App->run()
#23 /app/grocy/public/index.php(3): require_once('/app/grocy/app....')
#24 {main}

Deleting everything and rebuilding from scratch fixed it. I think I had some corrupt cache files.

Edited by LoserRichard
  • 6 months later...