We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hi, I'm having problems with MinecraftBasicServer container.

Basically whenever I fire the container up one of the cores of the cpu spikes to 100% and the server console keeps on displaying the "Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 15926ms or 318 ticks behind" error.

It was working just fine a few days ago, nothing changed till then.

I tried to get some logs from the server but cant run the server in debug mode, any help? thanks

Edited by SpicyNugget
1 hour ago, SpicyNugget said:

Basically whenever I fire the container up one of the cores of the cpu spikes to 100% and the server console keeps on displaying the "Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 15926ms or 318 ticks behind" error.

Does the core drop down after a while or does it stay on 100%

Does the message only display once or is the log flodded with these messages?

Usually this is nothing to worry about if the gane is working perfectly fine, in most cases since the server is busy doing the startup routine and this message gets produced at times.

If the log is flooded with these messages then there is definitely something wrong, please note that Minecraft preferes single core performance over multple slower cores.

48 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Does the core drop down after a while or does it stay on 100%

Does the message only display once or is the log flodded with these messages?

Usually this is nothing to worry about if the gane is working perfectly fine, in most cases since the server is busy doing the startup routine and this message gets produced at times.

If the log is flooded with these messages then there is definitely something wrong, please note that Minecraft preferes single core performance over multple slower cores.

the log was flooded with messages, but I ended up remaking the server from scratch and for now it works fine.
thanks you for the suggestion! love your work!

• Like 1

I have a problem with the Docker from Soulmask. I installed and started it. Then I uploaded my save files from my GPortal server to the Soulmask Docker. When I start the Docker server, I only get a new game and my save file is not loaded. I reinstalled the Docker multiple times, but the result was always the same. What is my mistake? -.-*

15 minutes ago, Color Clinic said:

I have a problem with the Docker from Soulmask. I installed and started it. Then I uploaded my save files from my GPortal server to the Soulmask Docker. When I start the Docker server, I only get a new game and my save file is not loaded. I reinstalled the Docker multiple times, but the result was always the same. What is my mistake? -.-*

Please note that the container uses /mnt/cache/... by default and if you copy your save file over via SMB and you have configured your appdata share to be moved to the Array this will not work.

To avoid further issues also make sure to set your appdata share in the Share settings to Cache as the Primary storage and the Mover moves the files from the Array to the Cache and not from the Cache to the Array.

This is the only issue that I can think of. I also don't know if GPortal servers are Linux based and if the save files are interchangeable.