[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

3 hours ago, Blizzard95 said:

Ark4.PNG

This is not an error you have to worry about, this is just showing that Steam isn't running but that is just normal on a dedicated server, the last line is what you should be interested in and that's actually telling you that the server is up and running and waiting for connections.

3 hours ago, Blizzard95 said:

The Default is 27015 for Steam and 27020 RCON.

You also have to change the query port in the game settings and then create a new port mapping for that in the template, that is actually also a really important port (27015). You don't have to change RCON, you can leave as is or even forward it from 27020 to another port <- but only the RCON Port, all other ports you have to change in the config and create new port entries with the container and host port set to the same as in your config.

After you've created new ports and double checked that in your router all ports and protocols are set correctly you can confirm that it is working.

It's been a long time that I've tested that but I know that it works that way. ;)

For some reason port forwarding to my server isn't working any more, we haven't used it in probably 3 months. I can connect to the server locally using the 192.168.201 address but people outside my network can't connect, online port checkers also say the ports are closed. When I first checked my port fording rule it was forwarding to 192.168.1.3, not sure why, but I changed it to .201 and it still wouldn't work. Any ideas what might be wrong? I don't know what else to check/test.

Screenshot_21-9-2024_17451_192.168.1.2.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-09-21 170521.png

Screenshot 2024-09-21 171533.png

Edited by kadrek
4 hours ago, kadrek said:

online port checkers also say the ports are closed

Because a game server is not a web server and that‘s why they won‘t work with game servers or better speaking tell you that the port is closed.

When I first checked my port fording rule

Please check again, Valheim only needs UDP and not “Both“.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Are you really sure that your ISP didn‘t change anything since some ISPs block UDP traffic.

Please also disable validate…

If you can connect from inside your network and you can‘t connect from outside either something is wrong with the port forwarding or your ISP changed something.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Because a game server is not a web server and that‘s why they won‘t work with game servers or better speaking tell you that the port is closed.

Please check again, Valheim only needs UDP and not “Both“.

Are you really sure that your ISP didn‘t change anything since some ISPs block UDP traffic.

Please also disable validate…

If you can connect from inside your network and you can‘t connect from outside either something is wrong with the port forwarding or your ISP changed something.

Good to know about the ports not showing as open, ty. I set the fixed IP field to blank and forwarded the ports to my unraid server IP and it works now. Not sure what was wrong with the forwarding to the fixed address. 

Just wondering, why should validate be left blank?

5 minutes ago, kadrek said:

Just wondering, why should validate be left blank?

Do you also validate each game before you start it on your PC?

Valdiation is just there if you got issues when the container does not auto update when a update is pushed by the game developers and meant to be blank (this is also the default setting).

Validation will validate all game files on your server each time you restart the container and this means that the container dtart up, or at least the time it will take to start the dedicated server, will take longer (for big games this will mean even minutes).

TLDR: Enabling validation for a perfectly running game server is a waste of time and bandwidth.

Anyways glad that everything is now working again.