[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

This is too complicated. Tried it with Farming Simulator 16, first of all there is no Linux server, only Windows, second you need to install the game by hand (also very complicated because if it works you need to open up a virtual webvnc viewer and enter there the key) and lastly you need an extra license for the Server itself.
Just looked into it seems crazy what is needed to run a farming simulator server.
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, remedy said:

@ich777 would it possible to get a version of this for Farm Together?

Not really.

First of all you need a second account that also owns the game for the server and with steam guard disabled.

The next thing is that this needs to run through WINE and there is no garantuee that this works, since I don't own the game I can't try it.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Not really.

First of all you need a second account that also owns the game for the server and with steam guard disabled.

The next thing is that this needs to run through WINE and there is no garantuee that this works, since I don't own the game I can't try it.

The second account issue I understand, but if it was solely for the person who wanted to host, you only need one account with the game. If it all executes properly, no second account is needed (unless you wanted to play on your own server).

I only want to host, I don't need to play on my own host. Can I gift you a steam copy for testing?

25 minutes ago, remedy said:

The second account issue I understand, but if it was solely for the person who wanted to host, you only need one account with the game. If it all executes properly, no second account is needed (unless you wanted to play on your own server).

I only want to host, I don't need to play on my own host. Can I gift you a steam copy for testing?

Yes but you have to disable steam guard on your account and then you have to choose a really really really good password for your account so that nobody can easiely get access to it...

I can try it but no garantuee that it actually will work with WINE...

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes but you have to disable steam guard on your account and then you have to choose a really really really good password for your account so that nobody can easiely get access to it...

I can try it but no garantuee that it actually will work with WINE...

It seems to be something you can run without WINE, it has windows/mac/linux versions. shouldn't it be able to just run through steamcmd?

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

So I am totally new to Docker and opening it too the public. I want to run my minecraft server with my friends online. I have the Minecraft server setup with Unraid and Docker but how do I go into the settings to change the IP to a public address.

You have to port forward it in your router.

You have to forward the internal IP/port to the external port.

A quick google search on: how to port forward should get you pretty much set up. ;)

Or even search on youtube. ;)

Forward the corresponding internal port with the corresponding protocol. ;)

5 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Is this the router from ISP or your wlan router (the external port is where your router listens for connections from the internet)

If this is your router from your ISP this should be fine, your friends then should log in with your external IP:PORT

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Is this the router from ISP or your wlan router (the external port is where your router listens for connections from the internet)

If this is your router from your ISP this should be fine, your friends then should log in with your external IP:PORT

Found out it was my ISP blocking all ports... All fixed now.

• Like 1

@ich777Can I ask a couple of questions regards setting up a 2nd 7DtD server?

You very kindly helped me a few weeks ago to set up a server for the Alpha 18 version but I was wanting to set up a 2nd server for the new Alpha 19 release - all the while leaving the original server (and therefore saved game) intact so we could (hopefully) use both?

I can see how to add a 2nd Docker container on the Docker page but wondered the following:

1. I can select the user template but assume I need to name it differently from the first one (something like "7DaysToDieA19") to differentiate it from the first server?
  2. Do I leave all of the pre-set paths alone? (other than under the "GAME_ID" field, where I put "294420 -beta latest_experimental" instead of leaving it as "294420" - or will this affect the first server?
  3. Assuming the above actionsare correct (a big "if" with my level of knowledge!), will this create a 2nd game folder with the new name where I can go in and amend the serverconfig file as I did before?

Lastly I appreciate that you don't own the game so maybe @thunderclap might be able to help as it looks like he's been trying to accomplish the same thing, I presume anyone wanting to join the server will need to download the A19 version within Steam in order to connect? (presumably through "properties" and enabling the latest beta version prompting a download?)

Also, not sure if this even can be done but there is a mod called "Darkness Falls" that looks to add a bit more spice to 7DtD - has anyone got any experience of setting this version up within your container?

Thanks for any further help!

2 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

can select the user template but assume I need to name it differently from the first one (something like "7DaysToDieA19") to differentiate it from the first server?

Correct

I would again download it from the CA App (if that doesn't work then you must enable the option to reinstall containers in the CA Settings - on the bottem left on the CA App).

4 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Do I leave all of the pre-set paths alone? (other than under the "GAME_ID" field, where I put "294420 -beta latest_experimental" instead of leaving it as "294420" - or will this affect the first server?

No, you have to change the serverpath to another directory (the SteamCMD path can be the same) and also you have to change the ports since you can't assign them twice.

For the GAME_ID you have to change it to 294420 if you want to create a vanilla server but as I wrote above you have to change the path where the serverfiles are otherwise you overwrite the installed server.

6 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Assuming the above actionsare correct (a big "if" with my level of knowledge!), will this create a 2nd game folder with the new name where I can go in and amend the serverconfig file as I did before?

The basic things to change are:

1. 'ServerFiles' (to something like '/mnt/cache/appdata/2nd-7dtd' or what every you prefer see this as the work directory of the corresponding template)
  2. 'GAME_ID' (if you want something other than the vanilla server or the vanilla server)
  3. All the server ports but keep in mind that I recommend that you delete all the entries and create new ones with the corresponding protocoll and also don't forget them to change them in your 'serverconfig.xml' and restart the server so that you actually can connect to it

11 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

I presume anyone wanting to join the server will need to download the A19 version within Steam in order to connect? (presumably through "properties" and enabling the latest beta version prompting a download?)

I think so, since most games are only work if the server and the clients are on the same game version.

12 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Also, not sure if this even can be done but there is a mod called "Darkness Falls" that looks to add a bit more spice to 7DtD - has anyone got any experience of setting this version up within your container?

Keep in mind that this is nothing different than a Linux dedicated server only the paths are a little different but basically it's a Linux dedicated server of 7DtD.

I think this answer on reddit should help: Click

(I'm maybe wrong but isn't this for Windows? but it can also be the case that it integrates seamlessly also in Linux but I don't think so)

Eventually @Spectral Force can help with this.

• Like 1
On 7/27/2020 at 6:05 AM, stevep94 said:

I appreciate that you don't own the game so maybe @thunderclap might be able to help as it looks like he's been trying to accomplish the same thing, I presume anyone wanting to join the server will need to download the A19 version within Steam in order to connect? (presumably through "properties" and enabling the latest beta version prompting a download?)

It's been a crazy couple a days and I've finally been able to pop on. Do you still need assistance? Feel free to PM me.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

first i have to say. thanks. works realy nicely and easy. had my arma 3 vanilla server up an running in no time. now im trying to figure out how to get mods running. anybody keen to give me tipps?

It's like a default Linux Server, the path's are a little different.

I also have a ExileMod server in the CA app if you are interested in ExileMod.

44 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It's like a default Linux Server, the path's are a little different.

I also have a ExileMod server in the CA app if you are interested in ExileMod.

Ah. Ok. Will try that. I remember that i have to add the list of mods to some cfg file that holds the parameters for starting the server. a hint where I can find that?

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

yepp. there it was. works like a charm. thanks. 

one question. what happens if i update the thing? will it overwrite folders or files? if so. can i prevent that?

Don't think that it overwrites the extra files that you've put in... works just like a normal Linux server.

I could only imagine that it overwrites the files if you set VALIDATE to 'true'

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Don't think that it overwrites the extra files that you've put in... works just like a normal Linux server.

I could only imagine that it overwrites the files if you set VALIDATE to 'true'

cool. just thought. nano kept disapearing after restarts, config changes. 

if your ever horribly bored. here's a phyton script that gets the mods at steam workshop and does mostly all needed. would be a great addition to your allready great tool. https://gist.github.com/Freddo3000/a5cd0494f649db75e43611122c9c3f15

:)

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

cool. just thought. nano kept disapearing after restarts, config changes. 

Yep because I don't include it in the container, why are you using nano, just share the appdata directory and edit your files with Notpad++ or your favourite editor.

You can do that yourself, create a user.sh somewhere on your Unraid server and link it with a path into the container to '/opt/scripts/user.sh' (this script will be executed on every restart of the container as root - one reason why I recommend doing that in another directory than where the gamefiles are - also don't forget to set the permission).