[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers


ich777

1108 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In all my templates (at least in the ones that I don't forget to set it... ) the settings are never automatically changed and everything is up to the user...   Eventually because the temp

For the PhotoPrism docker you should add in options for using mysql isntead of sqlite since the built in sqlite is horrible with performance and getting itself "locked" causing issues.   Her

Dockers Available so far:   DirSyncPro: very strong synchronization tool that's highly customizable and schedulable (Docker comes with WebGUI, SMB, FTP & WebDAV support and with encry

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

Hmmmm.  I guess I'll delete the files off destination and let them copy over with DirSyncPro and then see what happens upon the next analysis.

Please report back if you got the problem again, where is the destination? Is it on a smb share or did you mount it through the Unassigned Devices plugin if you mount it with UA don't forget to mount it with R/W Slave.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please report back if you got the problem again, where is the destination? Is it on a smb share or did you mount it through the Unassigned Devices plugin if you mount it with UA don't forget to mount it with R/W Slave.

 

I'm doing a sync now.  Will let you know what the result is.  Destination is an SMB share, it's not mounted locally via UD.

Link to post
6 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

 

I'm doing a sync now.  Will let you know what the result is.  Destination is an SMB share, it's not mounted locally via UD.

Sorry forgot to ask a SMB share on another server? If you mounted it not through the UD plugin please try it with the plugin and select in the template R/W Slave.

Edited by ich777
Link to post
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Sorry forgot to ask a SMB share on another server? If you mounted it not through the UD plugin please try it with the plugin and select in the template R/W Slave.

 

If I mount the destination SMB share via UD, how do I notate that in the docker template?  Local?  Because if I still use remote, I'm not sure what's changing.

Edited by IamSpartacus
Link to post
6 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

 

If I mount the destination SMB share via UD, how do I notate that in the docker template?  Local?  Because if I still use remote, I'm not sure what's changing.

Yep, jou have to set it to local and then create a new mount point (or edit your existing mount point) to /mnt/disks/[nameofyoursmbshare]

Link to post
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yep, jou have to set it to local and then create a new mount point (or edit your existing mount point) to /mnt/disks/[nameofyoursmbshare]

 

Thank you.  That seems to have fixed the issue.  I don't know why the characters were an issue with the smb option but when the destination is set as a local mount point (via UD SMB mount) it works without issue and identifies the files on both ends are identical thus not creating any duplicates.

Link to post
6 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

 

Thank you.  That seems to have fixed the issue.  I don't know why the characters were an issue with the smb option but when the destination is set as a local mount point (via UD SMB mount) it works without issue and identifies the files on both ends are identical thus not creating any duplicates.

I will patch that so that SMB will give a warning and say that SMB shares should mount through UD, i will look into that as soon as i got time.

 

5 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

Unrelated issue, if I try to enable Real Time Sychronization and hit OK, the program freezes up and is unresponsive until I restart the container.  There is nothing in the container logs when this happens.

I don't recommend real time synchronisatzion and also the filesystem must support this...

I do scheduled backups with a cron job to start the container with the headless option. ;)

Link to post
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't recommend real time synchronisatzion and also the filesystem must support this...

I do scheduled backups with a cron job to start the container with the headless option. ;)

Got it, sounds like that should work.  How does one run the container with the headless option?  And is there a shutdown option for once jobs are complete?

Link to post
23 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

Got it, sounds like that should work.  How does one run the container with the headless option?  And is there a shutdown option for once jobs are complete?

I had set up two cron jobs one for docker start and one for docker stop once a day and let it run for a few hours, you can also set it to shutdown if it's finished inside of dirsync pro but please keep in mind that most of my dockers run with the restart-unless-stopped option (you can remove that in the Docker Startup parameters - switch advanced mode on in the template), i would go the way with the cron jobs.

Link to post
12 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

Got it, sounds like that should work.  How does one run the container with the headless option?  And is there a shutdown option for once jobs are complete?

One thing, doesn't DirSyncPro has something like scheduled syncing built in? I may be wrong but i think there is an option...

Link to post

First of all thank you for this container.
My plan was to do without a VM with this container. This puts my home automation on a touchscreen. In order to save resources on eminem unraid I came across their container.

The installation went without a problem, but I can't get it with VNC and there is no picture on my monitor.

In the log file I see that the container always starts again,
unfortunately I can not see exactly what the problem is.

In one line I should change the resolution and the HDMI port in the "/debian/.config/container.cfg".
However, on the one hand, I don't find any .config in the folder and on the other hand, due to the constant restarts, my console is constantly closed.

So hope for help here.

Regards Maggi

 

Quote

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Trying to get Nvidia driver version---
---Successfully got driver version: 440.59---
---Checking Xwrapper.config---
---Configuring Xwrapper.config---
---Found NVIDIA Driver v440.59 localy, installing...---
---Configuring Locales to: de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8---
Generating locales (this might take a while)...
de_DE.UTF-8... done
de_DE.UTF-8... done
en_US.UTF-8... done
Generation complete.
---Starting...---
---Preparing Server---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Checking for old lock files---
---Starting dbus service---
---dbus service started---
---Starting Xvfb server---
---Starting x11vnc server---
---Starting noVNC server---
WebSocket server settings:
- Listen on :8080
- Flash security policy server
- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
- Backgrounding (daemon)
---Starting Pulseaudio server---
E: [pulseaudio] client-conf-x11.c: xcb_connection_has_error() hat »wahr« zurückgegeben
Can't open display :0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listing possible outputs and screen modes:

''
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't open display :0
Can't open display :0



---Looks like your highest possible output on: '' is: ''---



Can't open display :0
Can't open display :0
---Trying to set the resolution to: '' on output: ''---
Can't open display :0
Can't open display :0
Can't open display :0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------If you want to set the resolution manually please create a file--------
---------in /debian/.config/container.cfg with the following contents:---------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution: 1920x1080
Output: HDMI-0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Change the resolution and output to your specific configuration/preference---
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) no screens found(EE)
(EE)
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at http://wiki.x.org
for help.
(EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
(EE)
(EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) no screens found(EE)
(EE)
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at http://wiki.x.org
for help.
(EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
(EE)
(EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
xinit: giving up
xinit: unable to connect to X server: Cannot assign requested address
xinit: server error
startx server crashed with exit code 1. Respawning..

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Maggi0r said:

My plan was to do without a VM with this container. This puts my home automation on a touchscreen.

Stock Unraid doesn't currently have a way to allow containers to directly access video hardware. VM's are the only way to do video passthrough.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Maggi0r said:

First of all thank you for this container.
My plan was to do without a VM with this container. This puts my home automation on a touchscreen. In order to save resources on eminem unraid I came across their container.

The installation went without a problem, but I can't get it with VNC and there is no picture on my monitor.

In the log file I see that the container always starts again,
unfortunately I can not see exactly what the problem is.

In one line I should change the resolution and the HDMI port in the "/debian/.config/container.cfg".
However, on the one hand, I don't find any .config in the folder and on the other hand, due to the constant restarts, my console is constantly closed.

So hope for help here.

Regards Maggi

 

 

You have to install the Nvidia Plugin from Linuxserver.io and then install the corresponding images and reboot your server.

 

It reboots because this variable is not configured properly: 'Xorg Dsplay Output Port' (or you simply have to leave it empty if you have a monitor attached)

You have to try out wich what for you.

EDIT: If you have a monitor attached please leave the fiel 'Xorg Dsplay Output Port' empty but also be sure that you don't use the primary graphics card from the BIOS with this container!

 

The line with the contianer.cfg is only there if the resolution is not set correctly and you want to set your own resolution or a different resolution.

 

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Unraid doesn't currently have a way to allow containers to directly access video hardware. VM's are the only way to do video passthrough.

Actually i got it to work in my container, if you have the Nvidia Plugin installed (and everything correctly setup for the plugin) you can attach a monitor to your nvidia graphics card (don't forget to let the variable 'Xorg Dsplay Output Port' empty) and then start up the container, it should output the image of the VNC server but much smoother. ;)

 

 

EDIT: ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU HAVE TO SET ANOTHER VIDEO CARD IN THE BIOS THAN THIS CONTAINER IS USING.

Edited by ich777
Link to post
56 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Actually i got it to work in my container, if you have the Nvidia Plugin installed (and everything correctly setup for the plugin) you can attach a monitor to your nvidia graphics card (don't forget to let the variable 'Xorg Dsplay Output Port' empty) and then start up the container, it should output the image of the VNC server but much smoother. ;)

 

 

EDIT: ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU HAVE TO SET ANOTHER VIDEO CARD IN THE BIOS THAN THIS CONTAINER IS USING.

Yes, but...

The nvidia build of Unraid is unsupported by Limetech. Feel free to support this yourself, but let people know that if they have issues with unraid while implementing this that it's not a general support thing, they will need to follow up with the LinuxServer IO folks and yourself, and any general support issues need to be dealt with while NOT using the nvidia build.

 

There are so many things that are particular to this setup, and the docker system in unraid is meant to be as gotcha free as possible. Having containers that only run when you have a LSIO plugin supported nvidia video card as a non primary GPU not used in a VM and all the settings that must be modified goes against the "just click and run a container" mindset.

 

Running VM's with hardware passthrough is complex enough, I can't see unraid generally supporting container video passthrough any time soon.

 

Link to post
18 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Yes, but...

The nvidia build of Unraid is unsupported by Limetech. Feel free to support this yourself, but let people know that if they have issues with unraid while implementing this that it's not a general support thing, they will need to follow up with the LinuxServer IO folks and yourself, and any general support issues need to be dealt with while NOT using the nvidia build.

 

There are so many things that are particular to this setup, and the docker system in unraid is meant to be as gotcha free as possible. Having containers that only run when you have a LSIO plugin supported nvidia video card as a non primary GPU not used in a VM and all the settings that must be modified goes against the "just click and run a container" mindset.

 

Running VM's with hardware passthrough is complex enough, I can't see unraid generally supporting container video passthrough any time soon.

 

I've allready updated the discription that this plugin is necessary (also the container won't start if you don't pass your GPU UUID to it).

 

Nowadays many of the containers are now not simply click and install.

 

But it's simply possible with this container with the Nvidia plugin installed (also passthrough the primary GPU to a VM is not recommended i thought or is it?), if i passthrough the primary GPU to a VM my server crashes randomly.

I also support this container myself that's why this thread exists. ;)

But your answer in this case isn't 100% right.

Edited by ich777
Link to post

I looked at that again. I installed the NVIDIA plugin and also installed and restarted NVIDIA UNRAID. But the mistake still seems to be the same.

 

Quote

Can't open display :0
Can't open display :0



---Looks like your highest possible output on: '' is: ''---



Can't open display :0
Can't open display :0
---Trying to set the resolution to: '' on output: ''---
Can't open display :0
Can't open display :0
Can't open display :0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------If you want to set the resolution manually please create a file--------
---------in /debian/.config/container.cfg with the following contents:---------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution: 1920x1080
Output: HDMI-0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Change the resolution and output to your specific configuration/preference---
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) no screens found(EE)
(EE)
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at http://wiki.x.org
for help.
(EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
(EE)
(EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
xinit: giving up
xinit: unable to connect to X server: Cannot assign requested address
xinit: server error
startx server crashed with exit code 1. Respawning..


X.Org X Server 1.20.4
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 x86_64 Debian
Current Operating System: Linux 9eadf8b2f37d 4.19.107-Unraid #1 SMP Sun Mar 8 14:34:03 CDT 2020 x86_64
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/bzimage initrd=/bzroot
Build Date: 05 March 2019 08:11:12PM
xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1 (https://www.debian.org/support)
Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Fri May 8 18:00:13 2020
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
xf86EnableIOPorts: failed to set IOPL for I/O (Operation not permitted)

 

Debian NVIDIA Container.PNG

Link to post
2 hours ago, Maggi0r said:

I looked at that again. I installed the NVIDIA plugin and also installed and restarted NVIDIA UNRAID. But the mistake still seems to be the same.

 

 

Debian NVIDIA Container.PNG

Can you open a terminal and type in: 'nvidia-smi' and post the output?

But you have installed a nvidia graphics card in your server?

Also please provide the full output from the log.

 

EDIT: Found the problem, you've entered the wrong PCI adress or in the false format you have: 'PCI:09:00.0' but right it would be: 'PCI:09:00:0'

Edited by ich777
Link to post

Ah ok thanks that was the error with the PCI BUS.
Now I have a question I would like to forward a USB device to this Docker. What do I have to do for it?

I have already found the DEvice BUS using lsusb, but if I add this to the extra parameters with "--device = / dev / bus / usb / 001/004" then the device still does not work.

thank you

Edited by Maggi0r
Link to post
9 hours ago, Maggi0r said:

Ah ok thanks that was the error with the PCI BUS.
Now I have a question I would like to forward a USB device to this Docker. What do I have to do for it?

I have already found the DEvice BUS using lsusb, but if I add this to the extra parameters with "--device = / dev / bus / usb / 001/004" then the device still does not work.

thank you

You can also try to mount it as a Path (there was a bug in a previous version of docker so that the permissions aren't set right).

Also if you are using device you must use it this way: '--device=/dev/bus/usb/001/004:/dev/bus/usb/001/004'

But this will only work if the drivers are woring on the host.

Edited by ich777
Link to post

Hey
i tried many times to use your debainbuster Docker (without nvidia), it starts and everything seems to work fine - but - the root password i set on the installation of the docker seems never to work. (already installed and deleteted it a few times) is there another root password next to them i set on the installation of the docker? or what do i do wrong?

 

nothing changed in the installation template except the password there is to set

 

Greetings and thx in advance :)

unraid.jpg

Link to post
24 minutes ago, luca2907 said:

Hey
i tried many times to use your debainbuster Docker (without nvidia), it starts and everything seems to work fine - but - the root password i set on the installation of the docker seems never to work. (already installed and deleteted it a few times) is there another root password next to them i set on the installation of the docker? or what do i do wrong?

 

nothing changed in the installation template except the password there is to set

 

Greetings and thx in advance :)

 

How did you access the root user?

  1. open up the noVNC webgui
  2. open the terminal
  3. type in 'su'
  4. type in your password set in the template (no screen output is shown when you enter a password in linux)
  5. press enter

now you should see root@HOSTNAME

 

If that doesn't work please type in the terminal 'printenv' and look if the variable 'ROOT_PWD' is set to 'secret' (this is an indicator that you are using the latest version of the container).

 

Also you don't have to delete and install the container every time, the root password is set on every start of the container.

 

I've also tried to change the password and it works just fine ;)

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.