[Support] spaceinvaderone - Shinobi Pro

On 10/31/2023 at 11:41 PM, comet424 said:

@SpaceInvaderOne how do you install your version of shinobi... so far for a year..  it will no longer install from your video...  i get the database error issue  from a new install  and the logs from a new install...  doesnt matter how much i delete the appdata folder and reinstall your version and then login  i can not get this installed...  the maria db  error  and then telling you to run these commands doesnt help...  can you try on a clean system...  whats going on

Hi @comet424
SpaceInvaderOne has answered this question in post number 2 of this thread. I have just done the whole video from scratch, encountered your error, then fixed it with this:

On new installs it is now necessary to manually install the database files on first run.

Going to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/8080/super  and logging in you will see this

image.png.580c93a646ea84eedc0441f44525b0cc.png

Now goto the docker tab and select the shinobipro container and click console.

image.png.5de215618e9c5a3edc356969cbb3fe60.png

This will open a terminal inside of the container. Now run these commands below:

mysql
source sql/framework.sql;
source sql/user.sql;

exit

Now close terminal window and restart the container.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

Anyone know if this updates inside the docker container?

The container on unraid apps shows it hasn't been updated since "Last Update: Feb 2, 2022".

The other shinobi containers also haven't been updated in years, I'd like to test shinobi but would like to get the most up to date one before starting with this. 

The official one is hosting on GitLab so I'm not sure that would work with unraid, or even where to start with gitlab to unraid docker.

Edit: Never mind, I got it working pretty easy and quick, but it seems to unreliable compared to Agent DVR. Ill stick to what I have now.

Edited by zer0ish
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 2:24 AM, Danuel said:

anyone has a video or tutorial regarding "how to secure ip cameras on pfsense" i was looking at this video, but i am not able to find any 2 min tip tutorial

I don't use pfsense personally, but in my firewall I block my cameras from connecting to anything on the WAN port.

Only downside is they can't connect to NTP servers for time/clock syncing... but that's far better than seeing them phone home to foreign countries for god knows what.