[Support] - Storj v3 docker

• 1 month later...

The last few versions have had a problem of randomly restarting the Storj Docker.  its been like this on a couple different systems in different locations.  I have also noticed that the 4 threads i allocate to storj are pinned max allot!  I thought this was supposed to be light weight so it could run on things like RiPi...seems like its getting more and more of a power hog as time goes on.  The goal is to use the EXTRA space on already used pools...but lately, storj seems to get mad if other people are accessing the pool drives at the same time...
they don't pay enough to dedicate hardware to this.  Lets hope the original goal and MO hasn't been forgotten! 

2 hours ago, miicar said:

they don't pay enough to dedicate hardware to this.

Yup, got rid of it recently. It does hammer the storage big time.

The kind of people it seems to be worthy for are "my business rents 100 hosted VMs with a TB of SSD each and only need 50GB for a basic OS and app so I run storj on them on the side"...

Edited by Kilrah
On 10/20/2023 at 4:47 PM, Kilrah said:

Yup, got rid of it recently. It does hammer the storage big time.

The kind of people it seems to be worthy for are "my business rents 100 hosted VMs with a TB of SSD each and only need 50GB for a basic OS and app so I run storj on them on the side"...

my use case was old retired HDD's in an enclosure already being used for business stuff.  that was great for the first couple years...still used those pools for other things at the same time (temp network scan folders, steam library, storing wallpapers, etc), my complaint is that over time, it seems that STORj has gotten greedy about IO time.  if it cant have exclusive access to the HDD's it throws a fit and seems to reboot the docker container, or lock up the pool for a second...Im going to stick it out and hope things keep taking off to the point where it will pay to have dedicated file servers.  If not on the storj platform, maybe in another...i am learning allot about server/network storage in the process.

Edited by miicar
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

i got an error with mit storagenode-v3 docker "database disk image is malformed". It was an error in the bandwith.db and i could fix it with this article:

https://support.storj.io/hc/en-us/articles/360029309111-How-to-fix-a-database-disk-image-is-malformed

It is recommended to put the databases on an ssd into another folder, like described in this article:

https://forum.storj.io/t/how-to-move-db-s-to-ssd-on-docker/7064

But i could not do it with this image because this image does not use /app/dbs folder. Is there a change to move the databases into another folder und use it?

• 4 weeks later...

I had Storj running for over a year now without problems at all.

Since the last updates my banwidth.db got corrupted several times. It's like repairing it and storj runs like ~2 h and bandwidth.db is corrupted again.

Since the last update storj-node stops on startup with info.db error.

All files are in place and nothing was changed at all. -> info.db file is there...

Greetings

Dark