Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

Featured Replies

FYI: Ugreen NAS LED drivers have been deprecated by Ich777 and as of 7.4.0-beta2 they will cause boot issues. Make sure to remove the driver plugin before rebooting.

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 506.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • can i be the first to say, wow!, i can see how this will be VERY useful for people wanting to pass through hardware to containers, and now being able to build out an image is impressive work indeed!,

  • Im still confused by him. He does not want to update to 8.6.3 from 8.6.2 due to personal reasons. Yet he keeps saying the only thing it fixed was a venerability. So I guess that he needs this venerabi

Posted Images

  • Author
17 hours ago, lloir said:

and not actually being installed lol.

Sorry can't help with that, nothing changed from my side.

  • Author
55 minutes ago, MowMdown said:

FYI: Ugreen NAS LED drivers have been deprecated by Ich777 and as of 7.4.0-beta2 they will cause boot issues. Make sure to remove the driver plugin before rebooting.

Can you please go a bit more in detail what causes boot issues?

I just put the Deprecation flag there because I don't develop it any further, the driver itself should still work as it should.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you please go a bit more in detail what causes boot issues?

I just put the Deprecation flag there because I don't develop it any further, the driver itself should still work as it should.


I get stuck during boot on my ugreen dxp 2800 I get something like igc eth0 NETDEV WATCHDOG CPU 2 TIMEOUT and it has a counter that just increases indefinitly. Removing the .plg allows the system to boot normally.

Specifically whatever process runs right after these lines in the boot sequence:

Sep  3 21:42:56 ugreenRAID rc.wireless: Starting WiFi network...
Sep  3 21:42:56 ugreenRAID rc.wireless: WiFi network...  No Wifi present.
Sep  3 21:42:56 ugreenRAID rc.messagebus: Starting System Message Bus...
Sep  3 21:42:56 ugreenRAID rc.messagebus: /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system
Sep  3 21:42:56 ugreenRAID rc.messagebus: System Message Bus...  Started.
Sep  3 21:42:56 ugreenRAID rc.elogind: Starting Elogin daemon...
Sep  3 21:42:56 ugreenRAID rc.elogind: /lib64/elogind/elogind --daemon
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID elogind-daemon[2061]: New seat seat0.
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID elogind-daemon[2061]: Watching system buttons on /dev/input/event6 (Power Button)
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID elogind-daemon[2061]: Watching system buttons on /dev/input/event5 (Power Button)
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID elogind-daemon[2061]: Watching system buttons on /dev/input/event4 (Sleep Button)
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID rc.elogind: Elogin daemon...  Started.
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID rc.ip_forward: Activating IPv4 packet forwarding.
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID rc.ip_forward: Activating IPv6 packet forwarding.
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID rc.inetd: Starting Internet daemon...
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID rc.inetd: /usr/sbin/inetd
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID rc.inetd: Internet daemon...  Started.
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID rc.sshd: Starting SSH server daemon...
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID dhcpcd[1927]: br0: Router Advertisement from fe80::9ea5:70ff:fe77:80d
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID rc.sshd: /usr/sbin/sshd
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID sshd[2199]: Server listening on fd5f:b92d:5a81:0:6e1f:f7ff:fee2:f0f8 port 22.
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID sshd[2199]: Server listening on fd5f:b92d:5a81::f02 port 22.
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID sshd[2199]: Server listening on 10.0.10.2 port 22.
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID dhcpcd-run-hooks: interface=br0, reason=BOUND6, protocol=dhcp6
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID update_services: no queued job present
Sep  3 21:42:57 ugreenRAID update_services: queue new job 1, wait for 20s
<-----PROBLEM STARTS HERE ----->

The odd thing is 7.4.0-b1 boots fine

Edited by MowMdown

[Bug Report] 7.4.0-beta.2 kernel freeze caused by ugreenleds-driver (kernel 6.18.47 regression on UGREEN DXP4800 Plus)

Hardware: UGREEN NAS DXP4800 Plus

Unraid Version: 7.4.0-beta.2 (Kernel 6.18.47-Unraid)

Previous Working Version: 7.4.0-beta.1

Faulting Plugin: ugreenleds-driver (Package ugreenleds-driver-2024.07.12.txz)

Issue Summary

Upgrading from 7.4.0-beta.1 to 7.4.0-beta.2 causes a reproducible total kernel freeze and complete loss of network connectivity on the UGREEN DXP4800 Plus when ugreenleds-driver is installed.

The issue either blocks the server at rc.local: Installing ... during boot, or causes the system and network to drop dead roughly 20–30 seconds after reaching the login prompt.

Root Cause

  1. The Kernel Bump: Beta.2 updates the kernel to 6.18.47-Unraid.

  2. The Crash Trigger: The plugin ugreenleds-driver-2024.07.12.txz successfully installs, but schedules a delayed background task via at (e.g., job X at ...).

  3. The moment this delayed background job triggers to communicate with the I2C bus / LED controller on the new 6.18.47 kernel, the kernel freezes instantly.

Reproduction / Confirmation

  • Booting into Safe Mode (GUI / no plugins) boots reliably with full network connectivity.

  • Manually invoking plugin install /tmp/ugreenleds-driver.plg while the system is running completes installation, but freezes the host/network the second the scheduled background job executes.

  • Completely removing the driver directory fixes the issue immediately:

    Bash

    rm -rf /boot/config/plugins/ugreenleds-driver*
    

With the plugin removed, 7.4.0-beta.2 runs stable without any network or WebUI drops. The plugin author will likely need to update the binaries/modules for the 6.18.x kernel branch.

Edited by Optix
for better understanding

  • Author
3 hours ago, Optix said:

Issue Summary

Man, how I hate those AI reports... xD

6 hours ago, MowMdown said:

Specifically whatever process runs right after these lines in the boot sequence:

Sorry guys, I don't run Unraid anymore and I also don't have a Ugreen Box to test, I'll now fully deprecated the plugin.

Feel free to fork the plugin and update it.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Man, how I hate those AI reports... xD

Sorry guys, I don't run Unraid anymore and I also don't have a Ugreen Box to test, I'll now fully deprecated the plugin.

Feel free to fork the plugin and update it.

It’s ok. I just wanted to let others know in case they update and get stuck.

Oh man. Huge bummer. Really hope someone else comes along w/ a similar plugin. Uninstalling for now.

Sorry to see ich777 leave our community. Thanks for having supported us all these years !!

Since the UGREEN LED Driver is now deprecated, will the ITE IT87 Driver be deprecated in the near future as well?

So what was/is the update from two days ago (5th of September 2026) for?

Release notes state the same as the last one (from 2024) before the current one.

What about the Intel-GPU-TOP plugin?

On 9/4/2026 at 8:59 PM, ich777 said:

Sorry guys, I don't run Unraid anymore

Its all other Plugins and Docker are deprecated too?

Can you published this Information more present so that all others have this.

Many Thanks for all the Years of hard work!

What's running you?

Edited by Revan335

I do think that Unraid themselves should clear this up in General.

  • What happens to plugins once the developer abandons it? Or the project itself is abandoned?

  • With the "opening" of the Appstore lately by them and the daily avalanche of Vibe-coded/helped containers and the certainly uncurated nature of them (one day we'll have an issue, I bet on it.....)

Since I update to Unraid 7.3.2 my Intel iGPU stopped working (
I tried everything and no dice.
Anyone has any suggestions?

  • Author
6 hours ago, Revan335 said:

Can you published this Information more present so that all others have this.

Already done:

6 hours ago, Revan335 said:

What's running you?

On 9/6/2026 at 6:16 AM, UNRAIDyNAS said:

Since the UGREEN LED Driver is now deprecated, will the ITE IT87 Driver be deprecated in the near future as well?

12 hours ago, manilx said:

What about the Intel-GPU-TOP plugin?

Please read the linked post.

13 hours ago, ivolution said:

So what was/is the update from two days ago (5th of September 2026) for?

Deprecation and to make sure to not make it possible to install it to Unraid releases bigger than 7.3.2

3 hours ago, manilx said:

I do think that Unraid themselves should clear this up in General.

Please do note that CA means Community Applications and therefore I don't think that Limetech has to be responsible for Containers/Plugins and so on, there is even a big disclaimer when you first visit CA about that.

1 hour ago, LingBaneUltra said:

Since I update to Unraid 7.3.2 my Intel iGPU stopped working (

Please report that in the General Subforums since the Intel GPU Top plugin or any other plugin has nothing to do, except reporting data back, with drivers, the drivers are built into Unraid itself.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Deprecation and to make sure to not make it possible to install it to Unraid releases bigger than 7.3.2

Thank you for the reply.

I still do not understand why the release notes do not mention this, but instead the info is the same as the previous release, as mentioned before:

16 hours ago, ivolution said:

Release notes state the same as the last one (from 2024) before the current one.


but you will likely have your reasons, and if it is only "being in a hurry" or "not investing a lot of time because this is deprecated".

Anyway, thank you a lot for your work - it helped me a lot with my machine!

  • Author
15 hours ago, ivolution said:

I still do not understand why the release notes do not mention this, but instead the info is the same as the previous release, as mentioned before:

Ups sorry, just saw it, yeah, had to change the .plg file twice and fort the second time to edit that in.

Sorry about that and not answering your question appropriately.

As an ugreen user i have to say thank you for the support and enabling the leds since i went to unraid when i bought my ugreen nas.

I have to check what to to, when i change to 7.4 final. Staying on 7.3.2 until now.

Again, thanks for your work!

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Ups sorry, just saw it, yeah, had to change the .plg file twice and fort the second time to edit that in.

Sorry about that and not answering your question appropriately.

Thank you for the answer.
With that info it all makes more sense.
And don't worry - we all miss things from time to time.

All the best for you!

  • 2 weeks later...

just to reiterate what others have said here, thank you so much for all your work @ich777 - it really was greatly appreciated.

Looking ahead, I'm still on 7.3.2, but curious what others experience of using the forked version linked above has been like with 7.4.0 beta?

@ich777 not sure if you’ll see this but is there any possibility to trigger the NETDEV WATCHDOG during the plugin installation or activation of said drivers.

I had another instance of this occurring but on my other NAS and it turned out the nct6687 driver plugin caused it this time.

Now I’m starting to think it’s not the Ugreen drivers but something within the .plg install script at boot causing an issue with the network drivers when we try to load the plugin drivers.

Can you reach out and see if we can solve this? Might be able to reinstate the ugreen driver if it’s not related to the driver itself

I suspect more people will have this issue updating to 7.4.0beta3

Hi @ich777,

thank you for the ITE IT87 Driver plugin!

I'm running Unraid on a UGREEN iDX6011 Pro (Intel Core Ultra 7 255H, kernel 6.18.38-Unraid). The Super I/O chip reports the OEM ID 0x5571 at 0x4e, so the frankcrawford it87 driver in your plugin doesn't detect it ("modprobe it87 ignore_resource_conflict=1" -> "No such device").

The IT-Kuny fork now supports the iDX6011: the chip is an IT8622E, and the driver has to activate the EC logical device (new parameter force_activate=1, plus DMI detection):

GitHub
No image preview

GitHub - IT-Kuny/UGREEN-DXP-FAN-NAS-Driver: UGREEN DXP NA...

UGREEN DXP NAS Driver for the system fan. Contribute to IT-Kuny/UGREEN-DXP-FAN-NAS-Driver development by creating an account on GitHub.

I've asked Frank Crawford to include this upstream:

https://github.com/frankcrawford/it87/issues/123

Until then, would it be possible to build the IT-Kuny fork for Unraid, or to offer it as an alternative package in your plugin? I'd be happy to test it.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by NullNull67

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.