[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

23 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That was my suspicion but I really would recommend to test the card in another machine first.

I haven't seen that exact error yet, just because you see it in the device list doesn't mean it is working properly.

If everything else is working I don't think it's a Firmware issue from the Motherboard, depending on the Hardware changes that you made.

Thank you anyway, If i get to my colo ill try to remember to update the thread.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, erb said:

Yes, same result: plugin: XML file doesn't exist or xml parse error

Sorry, I really can't help here since the installation is also working fine on a second test machine.

Are you sure that the system time is set correctly?

You have relatively much packages from Nerd Tools installed, do you need all of them? This wouldn't be the first time a package from Nerd Tools is causing issues.

Do you have any AdBlocking on your network? This causes also often times issues.

• Like 1
On 6/18/2024 at 2:47 AM, ich777 said:

Sorry, I really can't help here since the installation is also working fine on a second test machine.

Are you sure that the system time is set correctly?

You have relatively much packages from Nerd Tools installed, do you need all of them? This wouldn't be the first time a package from Nerd Tools is causing issues.

Do you have any AdBlocking on your network? This causes also often times issues.

Disabled pihole and uninstall every Nerd Tools package. Same result. It wasn't meant to be, thanks for trying

25 minutes ago, erb said:

Disabled pihole and uninstall every Nerd Tools package. Same result. It wasn't meant to be, thanks for trying

Sorry but I can't reproduce this over here.

But you are installing it from the CA App with the Install button correct?

34 minutes ago, erb said:

just as note, also cross tested just to check

image.thumb.png.a3f25ec085b566589ced0809f252582d.png

also working fine here ... Intel / Nvidia based System

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, chilled-alphabet6399 said:

One is a GTX 2070, which I have passed through to my Windows virtual machine.

Make sure to bind that one to VFIO so that the plugin won't see it.

21 minutes ago, chilled-alphabet6399 said:

Is it suitable to install this plugin? My goal is to use the P2200 for my Plex Docker container for transcoding.

Yes, but nowadays a P2200 is not a good choice anymore in my opinion since a something in between a Nvidia T400 and T1000 is way more efficient.

21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Make sure to bind that one to VFIO so that the plugin won't see it.

Yes, but nowadays a P2200 is not a good choice anymore in my opinion since a something in between a Nvidia T400 and T1000 is way more efficient.

Thank for replying!. 

Can I ask why though? "P2000 outperforms T1000 by a moderate 11% based on our aggregate benchmark results."

8 minutes ago, chilled-alphabet6399 said:

P2000 outperforms T1000 by a moderate 11% based on our aggregate benchmark results.

But it‘s way more inefficient.

However in terms of transcoding it should make any difference at all, Graphic scores maybe.

In case you plan to have more than 4 simultaneous transcodes then the P2200 is maybe the better choice however that is a really rare use case.

On 6/21/2024 at 1:36 AM, ich777 said:

But it‘s way more inefficient.

However in terms of transcoding it should make any difference at all, Graphic scores maybe.

In case you plan to have more than 4 simultaneous transcodes then the P2200 is maybe the better choice however that is a really rare use case.

I also have one more question. If I replace the P2000 in the future. Should I uninstall this plugin and reinstall it after I set in place a new GPU after P2000?

6 minutes ago, chilled-alphabet6399 said:

I also have one more question. If I replace the P2000 in the future. Should I uninstall this plugin and reinstall it after I set in place a new GPU after P2000?

Nope, this is not necessary.

Don‘t forget to change the UUID in your Docker containers… :)