[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

3 minutes ago, alturismo said:

and you are using the nvidia tagged dizquetv docker ? or the regular one ? i have no idea if its all in one or not, i would ask there in the github to see what is right or wrong.

when i look at the repo there are different editions ... just as note.

I've been speaking with vexorian on reddit who made a few test nvidia dockers for me, since the issue was apparently known in the past and fixed by them in the windows release, but not pushed as a docker yet, but even with those updated nvidia tagged repositories i'm still getting the 'Cannot load libcuda.so.1' error in dizque when I try to nvenc transcode (even though gpu transcoding is definitely working in plex so the nvidia plugin seems to be working fine), just can't get dizque to access my gpu for some reason.

2 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

just can't get dizque to access my gpu for some reason.

will be tough then as you describe yourself, its working in other docker(s) ... i would look forward on dizquetv to find a solution ... assuming you added the needed variables also, as this is looking (to me) as a failed nvenc setup inside dizquetv, when i remember correctly i had something similar when i made my personal ffmpeg transcode docker or as mentioned, --runtime error if Variables are not given.

9 hours ago, chr said:

When I click on the plugin nothing happens - empty screen?

Diagnostics? Without them I can't say much. It would be also good the next time that you've pull the diagnostics after the plugin stopped working.

However what you can do is:

1. Uninstall the plugin
  2. Reboot
  3. Install the plugin again
  4. Reboot again (or disable and enable the Docker service again - I would strongly recommend that you reboot a second time)

Is it possible that you don't waited while the Plugin Update Helper said to wait for the reboot?

4 hours ago, v3life said:

Shortly afterwards (around 15 minutes) it errors out and the nvidia app no longer recognizes the card as being present.

As said above, without the Diagnostics after the card drops from your system, or better speaking isn't working anymore, I can't say much.

4 hours ago, v3life said:

Ah shit - I wasn't on the last page. My issue above *I believe* is identical to chr's issue

No, this seems like a different issue.

1 hour ago, skwisgaarz said:

I've been speaking with vexorian on reddit who made a few test nvidia dockers for me

As @alturismo already pointed out, this is a container issue itself, is the CUDA runtime installed inside the container, not all but a few applications need the CUDA runtime installed in the container.

Of course there are other workarounds for this but non of them which you can easily do, for example install the Nvidia driver inside the container, but if you do so, it has to match the driver which is installed on the host and this is where issues for you, the user, start.

This is something the maintainer from the container has to solve.

EDIT: Forget that, I saw that you don't even pass through the Nvidia driver to the container from your issue that you've created on GitHub, please read the second post of this thread on how to do that.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

Posted there, thanks for your help mate.

1 hour ago, alturismo said:

assuming you added the needed variables also, as this is looking (to me) as a failed nvenc setup inside dizquetv, when i remember correctly i had something similar when i made my personal ffmpeg transcode docker or as mentioned, --runtime error if Variables are not given.

so when i also see your post there ... its "assuming u added the ... variables" ;)  was not given ;)

• Like 1

I know this sounds trivial, but I just updated to 6.11.1 and I'm no longer able to use my GPU (P2200) to display my Unraid console on a screen and for Plex transcoding simultaneously.

It worked previously in 6.10.3, and versions before that.

After upgrading, I noticed that the text displayed while booting would stop at the point of mounting the disks (screenshot below).

Before upgrading, it would load all the way to the prompt to enter login credentials, and I could always wake the screen to login through the console.

I also noticed after upgrading, if I started a transcode in Plex, the connected screen becomes distorted (screenshot below).

I tried reinstalling the driver and rebooting, but the issue still remains.

The GPU isn't being used by anything else and it's not stubbed at boot.

It's only used for transcoding in Plex and displaying the Unraid console on a screen.

I'm not sure what else to do to get this working like before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Connected screen stops here at boot:

image.thumb.png.b74b299cfc4df06d11890018a82c9207.png

Connected screen after starting transcode in Plex:

PXL_20221019_043251457.thumb.jpg.5ca81e67a07c0209ed731012e97a7635.jpg

Nvidia Plugin:

image.thumb.png.9bbd37aee64e8e7dcd3199aa86126d22.png

Syslinux config:

image.thumb.png.df338544a4f0e80eaf70369644ae12cf.png

36 minutes ago, carnivorebrah said:

I know this sounds trivial, but I just updated to 6.11.1 and I'm no longer able to use my GPU (P2200) to display my Unraid console on a screen and for Plex transcoding simultaneously.

Please post your Diagnostics.

If the screen comes distorted after you start a transcode something is wrong with the card.

Are you able to pull the card out of your server and test it on a Windows machine, install the drivers and put some 3D load on it like FurMark or something similar?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please post your Diagnostics.

If the screen comes distorted after you start a transcode something is wrong with the card.

Are you able to pull the card out of your server and test it on a Windows machine, install the drivers and put some 3D load on it like FurMark or something similar?

Diagnostics attached.

diagnostics-20221019-0140.zip

That would suck since it's not even 2 years old, and worked fine up until upgrading to 6.11.1 tonight.

I don't have another machine I can test it with, but I can at least try shutting down the server and reseating it in the slot.

It also has no issues displaying anything up until the point where it says it's mounting the disks. BIOS displays fine, etc.

It also transcodes 4K just fine in Plex.

It's only the Unraid console that just freezes and stops loading at boot.

Edited by carnivorebrah
3 minutes ago, carnivorebrah said:

That would suck since it's not even 2 years old, and worked fine up until upgrading to 6.11.1 tonight.

Is this a new card?

I'm not really a fan of the P2xxx series cards since these cards break nowadays very often, but it doesn't have to be the case in your specific case, just a guess.

I had now plenty of P2xxx series cards which broke.

5 minutes ago, carnivorebrah said:

It's only the Unraid console that just freezes and stops loading at boot.

You can always try to execute this command from a Unraid terminal and reboot but I don't think that it will change anything in your case:

sed -i "/disable_xconfig=/c\disable_xconfig=true" /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver/settings.cfg

(this is only if you have GUI mode enabled and a second graphics card in the server which you want to use as the primary display)

5 minutes ago, carnivorebrah said:

I don't have another machine I can test it with, but I can at least try shutting down the server and reseating it in the slot.

Please try to do that.

6 minutes ago, carnivorebrah said:

It also has no issues displaying anything up until the point where it says it's mounting the disks. BIOS displays fine, etc.

This is often the case because it uses a generic display driver that only is used fur such things and only supports 2D and doesn't need much horse power.

Does the Plex transcode work or does it error out?

You can also try another driver version for example the legacy 470 series driver.

From what I see from your log, the driver just loaded fine without any errors whatsoever.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Is this a new card?

I'm not really a fan of the P2xxx series cards since these cards break nowadays very often, but it doesn't have to be the case in your specific case, just a guess.

I had now plenty of P2xxx series cards which broke.

You can always try to execute this command from a Unraid terminal and reboot but I don't think that it will change anything in your case:

sed -i "/disable_xconfig=/c\disable_xconfig=true" /boot/config/plugins/nvidia-driver/settings.cfg

(this is only if you have GUI mode enabled and a second graphics card in the server which you want to use as the primary display)

Please try to do that.

This is often the case because it uses a generic display driver that only is used fur such things and only supports 2D and doesn't need much horse power.

Does the Plex transcode work or does it error out?

You can also try another driver version for example the legacy 470 series driver.

From what I see from your log, the driver just loaded fine without any errors whatsoever.

Sorry, I edited my original post to include that Plex has zero issues transcoding with this card, except for the distorted screen that's connected to the GPU (worked before 6.11.1).

I can have multiple 4K transcode streams running simultaneously, and they work great.

I bought the card in 01/2021.

I tried shutting down the server, reseating the card and booting back up, but got the exact same issue as before.

So, I tried downgrading from "latest" to "production branch" in Nvidia Driver Settings, and rebooted.

This time it gets a little further in the loading process, and it stops at a different error.

Does this help indicate anything else?

I also attached another copy of Diagnostics using the new driver. diagnostics-20221019-1118.zip

Loading screen stops here with "production branch" driver:

PXL_20221019_145419824.thumb.jpg.96c85cca153aae83d8431ea237c6d12e.jpg

Edited by carnivorebrah
1 hour ago, carnivorebrah said:

This time it gets a little further in the loading process, and it stops at a different error.

This is not an error whatsoever... This is just a information that the Nvidia Kernel module taints the Kernel and this is just normal.

1 hour ago, carnivorebrah said:

Does this help indicate anything else?

Not really...

Do you redirect the console output somewhere in the BIOS or somewhere else?

I really can't think of a reason why it stops output to the screen.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is not an error whatsoever... This is just a information that the Nvidia Kernel module taints the Kernel and this is just normal.

Not really...

Do you redirect the console output somewhere in the BIOS or somewhere else?

I really can't think of a reason why it stops output to the screen.

That makes sense.

No, I just have the BIOS set to the PCI slot the GPU is in for video output.

I'm starting to wonder if this is an issue with 6.11.1 itself, instead of the driver, and if I should try posting in the release thread for it with details of my issue since upgrading.

7 hours ago, carnivorebrah said:

I'm starting to wonder if this is an issue with 6.11.1 itself, instead of the driver, and if I should try posting in the release thread for it with details of my issue since upgrading.

No, I don't think that's an issue on 6.11.1 since on my machine the output just works fine.

Is it possible that you motherboard has some kind of integrated graphics and or IPMP which it actually displays the output?

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, I don't think that's an issue on 6.11.1 since on my machine the output just works fine.

Is it possible that you motherboard has some kind of integrated graphics and or IPMP which it actually displays the output?

Hmm, alright.

It is a Supermicro X9DRL-iF, which does have IPMI and a VGA port for displaying video, but I have the BIOS set to the PCI slot the GPU is in for video output because the VGA port wouldn't work before.

I can try switching the BIOS to the VGA port and seeing if it works now instead of the GPU...

Hi, when visiting the Nvidia-Driver settings page it takes about 2 minutes to load and then displays "Installed GPU(s):No devices were found".

It's up-to-date and the Update & Download button has no effect.

My GPU comes up under System Devices:

00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 [GeForce GTX 1660 Ti] (rev a1)

Attached is my diagnostics. For more context I'm passing through my GPU from Proxmox to Unraid. Any ideas?

tower-diagnostics-20221020-2206.zip

Edited by AndrewClaus
2 hours ago, AndrewClaus said:

It's up-to-date and the Update & Download button has no effect.

You have a lot of:

Oct 20 18:47:00 Tower kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:00:10.0: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x25:0x65:1411)
Oct 20 18:47:00 Tower kernel: NVRM: GPU 0000:00:10.0: rm_init_adapter failed, device minor number 0

in your Syslog, is this the first time you are trying to install the Nvidia Driver?

Please make sure that you've disabled C-States in your BIOS and that you enable Above 4G-Decoding and Resizable BAR Support if you have these options in your BIOS.