(Solved)Unraid IP adsress 169.*.*.*, need help

Pinesea

My computer:

CPU: J1900

Ethernet Card: Intel i211

USB Disk: Sandisk 32G USB 3.0

Unraid version: 6.8.2

Internet access: Mecury D196G and Fiber Optics modem

I tried many ways, only stucked with 169 ip address.

It is no problem with Win10 environment.

Edited by Pinesea
2 hours ago, Pinesea said:

Can't connnect to localhost, it's no way to open the tools and download diagnostics.

Connect a monitor and keyboard to the server.  Log in as 'root' using root's password.  (If you haven't set a password, it will be blank and you can just hit the enter key at the password prompt.)  Type the following at the Command Line prompt:

diagnostics

This will write the Diagnostics file to the logs directory/folder on the flash drive.  Shut the server down with the command---  poweroff  --- before you pull the flash drive:  upload the Diagnostics file in your next post. 

2 hours ago, Pinesea said:

I've tried 6.8.2, 6.8.3 and 6.9, all the same.

Can't connnect to localhost, it's no way to open the tools and download diagnostics.

When I try unraid with another coomputer, It's OK. I got an IP Address of 192.*.*.*

Sounds like the igb driver issue that was present on those post 6.8.0 releases, although I thought it was resolved in 6.8.3 & 6.9

12 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

This will write the Diagnostics file to the logs directory/folder on the flash drive.  Shut the server down with the command---  poweroff  --- before you pull the flash drive:  upload the Diagnostics file in your next post. 

Then plug the flash drive into a PC (the Diagnostics file will be in the   logs   folder/directory of the flash drive)  and copy/upload the file to the forum as an attachment to your next post.

8 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Then plug the flash drive into a PC (the Diagnostics file will be in the   logs   folder/directory of the flash drive)  and copy/upload the file to the forum as an attachment to your next post.

There is no "logs"  folder/directory in my flash drive. No any new file in it. 

8 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Pretty sure the issue is that the USB isn't mounting properly, so no way to save diags to it.

I can boot with that flash drive. Doesn't that mean the flash disk is mounting properly?

Here is my flash disk:

1038356803__20210206090629.thumb.jpg.8fb40797e1002ea31c021d5d696ed31e.jpg

Edited by Pinesea
edit
4 minutes ago, Pinesea said:

I can boot with that flash drive. Doesn't that mean the flash disk is mounting properly?

No. Booting is the first phase, which copies the base part of Unraid into RAM at /, then the program tries to mount the drive to /boot and read the rest of the configuration. The code that finds and mounts the drive sometimes has a hard time with USB 3.0 on some boards, which is why I suggested playing around with the BIOS options for USB configuration.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Which motherboard?

Yanyu ITX-K916 motherboard. It looks like the following one:

1.jpg.bb70d6e59ef0fd7589484c85c6fbd667.jpg

Hower, my motherboard has fewer interfaces than this one.

The specification is:

♦ Intel® Celeron  J1900/2.00GHz  

♦ 1 DDR3LSODIMM RAM Slot

♦ 1 VGA,1*HDMI Interface

♦ 1 Intel I211AT Gigabit Ethernet Card

♦ 1 MINIPCIE

♦ 3 USB2.0, 1 USB3.0

• Pinesea changed the title to (Solved)Unraid IP adsress 169.*.*.*, need help