[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

51 minutes ago, _cr8tor_ said:

It sounds like Maize is just not your luck so far.

I have 360 plots and have farmed 20 maize since the docker was released. 

HDDCoin is one where i seemed to have a lot of luck at first, and now its slow. 

Sounds to me like your on the wrong side of luck on that one for the time.

20! Hmmmm.... I don't know. We started at around the same time, but I have 3x the plots and a tenth of your coins.... That's got to be something else other than super bad luck...

Here's my Maize log. There's an odd connection refused error for port 8926 (that appears in all my coin logs as well). Could that be causing issues? And what do I need to do to fix it?

Welcome to Machinaris v0.6.7!
maize - fullnode on x86_64
Configuring Maize...
Adding key at path: /root/.chia/mnemonic.txt
Daemon not started yet
Starting daemon
maize_harvester: started
maize_farmer: started
maize_full_node: started
maize_wallet: started
Configuring Plotman...
Starting Machinaris API server...
Starting Machinaris Web server...
Completed startup. Browse to port 8926.
connect: Connection refused
error: stat of /root/.chia/farmr/log*txt failed: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/python3.9/threading.py:233: RuntimeWarning: coroutine 'HarvesterAPI.new_signage_point_harvester.<locals>.lookup_challenge' was never awaited
self.acquire = lock.acquire
RuntimeWarning: Enable tracemalloc to get the object allocation traceback

Edited by DoeBoye
12 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Hi, this could a weird side-effect of the latest Chia dust storm.  Or perhaps something stuck on update.  Either way, I would recommend using the `:test` images by updating.  If that doesn't help, restart the Unraid system to force the port to be freed up.  Hope this helps!

excellent suggestion, seems to help but with some caveats. I can run the console, chia seems to be syncing correctly but plotman won't start properly. If I try from the console it tells me that "chia_plot" can't be found and in the UI my buttons to start plotting or farming aren't showing up so farming stays offline... even though it's clearly syncing the blockchain.

~1 week of running all of the containers available (when already synced).  It grows from ~25GB all the way to 36GB - and it is still growing.

Screenshot 2021-12-21 115023.png

Here is top of the OG machinaris container, using 6GB of memory.  I am only assigning 2 CPU cores so I wonder why there are 8 threads of chia_full_node running

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND                                                                                           
 3974 root      20   0 2283572   1.7g  16500 S  10.0   2.8   1274:04 chia_full_node                                                                                    
 3931 root      20   0 6387592  78208  15068 S   1.3   0.1  71:33.78 chia_harvester                                                                                    
   59 root      20   0   27588  21924   7660 S   0.3   0.0   0:30.79 gunicorn: maste                                                                                   
   89 root      20   0  209648  86520   6700 S   0.3   0.1  26:03.03 gunicorn: worke                                                                                   
   90 root      20   0  209668  86548   6700 S   0.3   0.1  24:45.01 gunicorn: worke                                                                                   
 4007 root      20   0 1237400 922860   6964 S   0.3   1.4 178:45.27 chia_full_node                                                                                    
    1 root      20   0    4208   2408   2120 S   0.0   0.0   0:03.68 bash                                                                                              
   38 root      20   0  295416  62068  15100 S   0.0   0.1  15:11.01 chia_daemon                                                                                       
   57 root      20   0  683320 114912  15652 S   0.0   0.2  19:28.68 gunicorn: maste                                                                                   
   63 root      20   0   80332  57928   7828 S   0.0   0.1   0:03.49 gunicorn: worke                                                                                   
  447 root      20   0  250360  30992   9412 S   0.0   0.0   6:57.95 python3                                                                                           
 3938 root      20   0  246040  79692  15080 S   0.0   0.1  58:18.88 chia_farmer                                                                                       
 3999 root      20   0 1171912 935384  16244 S   0.0   1.4  77:29.84 chia_wallet                                                                                       
 4010 root      20   0 1304988 922820   6908 S   0.0   1.4 177:55.76 chia_full_node                                                                                    
 4015 root      20   0 1308952 931644   7524 S   0.0   1.4  57:20.41 chia_full_node                                                                                    
 8647 root      20   0 1749620   1.2g   7580 S   0.0   1.9  39:47.02 chia_full_node                                                                                    
10637 root      20   0 1517596 988.6m   8708 S   0.0   1.5  57:28.38 chia_full_node                                                                                    
28369 root      20   0    2628    720    628 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.25 sh                                                                                                
28378 root      20   0    4472   3840   3196 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.00 bash                                                                                              
28811 root      20   0    7116   3600   3040 R   0.0   0.0   0:00.00 top                                                                                               
28812 root      20   0    2536    768    684 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.00 sleep                                                                                          
32709 root      20   0   79472  57116   7980 S   0.0   0.1   0:01.13 gunicorn: worke                                                                                   

Edited by Einsteinjr
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ehcorn said:

excellent suggestion, seems to help but with some caveats. I can run the console, chia seems to be syncing correctly but plotman won't start properly. If I try from the console it tells me that "chia_plot" can't be found and in the UI my buttons to start plotting or farming aren't showing up so farming stays offline... even though it's clearly syncing the blockchain.

Hi, some users of older Unraid versions have reported problems building the plotters.  Please upgrade to Unraid 6.9.2 with latest Docker.

On 12/21/2021 at 1:58 PM, guy.davis said:

Hi, some users of older Unraid versions have reported problems building the plotters.  Please upgrade to Unraid 6.9.2 with latest Docker.

currently running version 6.9.2 2021-04-07, is that new enough?

edit: update to my situation with the port being taken already and other files not being found in plotman, etc. I've wiped it and started from scratch and made sure to drop some plots in the drives, all seems to work best when I leave well enough alone. Once I go into the shell and start running things manually stuff breaks... big surprise. So once I remove the foot from my mouth I'm sure everything shall be fine! The original problem, after some more reading, appears to be rooted in the chia dust storms

Edited by ehcorn
update

Since yesterday it appears I am no longer farming, looks like some kind of network issue ?

2021-12-23T12:44:19.481 full_node full_node_server : INFO Not accepting inbound connection: {'host': '115.218.128.199', 'port': 8444}.Inbound limit reached. 2021-12-23T12:44:20.913 full_node full_node_server : INFO Connection closed: 115.218.128.199, node id: ed8fddd8f8cd4533bab71c0fc4f20d2b049b75342cc0b822fef1cd13cd3ee627 2021-12-23T12:44:20.913 full_node chia.full_node.full_node: INFO peer disconnected {'host': '115.218.128.199', 'port': 8444}

3 hours ago, Helmonder said:

The docker log says: Error: stat of /root/.chia/farmr/log*txt failed: No such file or directory

Hi! The log message is an unrelated message from a log rotation method in v0.6.7.  This log message has been corrected in the ":test" image for a couple of weeks.   I would recommend either updating to the test release, or restart the current version of the container.  Chia farming services can have issues which a restart often corrects.  Hope this helps.

Hello and Merry Christmas,

I am on the Test release and am having issues specifically with the Chives container.

Unfortunately, due to a stupid mistake on my end, I had to rebuild all of my containers from scratch.  While chives' logging shows it's running correctly and farming my plots, it does not show up in the wallet Summary.  Additionally, it does show up in the Farming area with a smiley face.

I think the issue is this (from the logging):

2021-12-25T11:42:56.612 wallet chives.rpc.util            : WARNING  Error while handling message: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/chives-blockchain/chives/rpc/util.py", line 16, in inner
    res_object = await f(request_data)
  File "/chives-blockchain/chives/rpc/wallet_rpc_api.py", line 1126, in get_farmed_amount
    tx_records: List[TransactionRecord] = await self.service.wallet_state_manager.tx_store.get_farming_rewards()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tx_store'

I've tried deleting the wallets.db in the Chia container, file but it does not fix the issue.

9 hours ago, Einsteinjr said:

I am on the Test release and am having issues specifically with the Chives container.

Unfortunately, due to a stupid mistake on my end, I had to rebuild all of my containers from scratch.  While chives' logging shows it's running correctly and farming my plots, it does not show up in the wallet Summary.  Additionally, it does show up in the Farming area with a smiley face.

2021-12-25T11:42:56.612 wallet chives.rpc.util            : WARNING  Error while handling message: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/chives-blockchain/chives/rpc/wallet_rpc_api.py", line 1126, in get_farmed_amount
    tx_records: List[TransactionRecord] = await self.service.wallet_state_manager.tx_store.get_farming_rewards()

I've tried deleting the wallets.db in the Chia container, file but it does not fix the issue.

Hi, not sure what that could be.  All I can suggest is to try the ":develop" images which have the most recent Chives blockchain version (few days old) and improved support for Chives pooling.  Can't guarantee that will fix the issue you report however.  I am just starting to test the new Chives now.

12 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Hi, not sure what that could be.  All I can suggest is to try the ":develop" images which have the most recent Chives blockchain version (few days old) and improved support for Chives pooling.  Can't guarantee that will fix the issue you report however.  I am just starting to test the new Chives now.

I actually already tried that before posting.  Same issue.  It looks like things are being farmed, but it's concerning that it is unable to connect to my wallet.

Not a huge deal since it's only 1 fork.  I may try to reinstall the fork as a last ditch effort.

On 12/25/2021 at 11:48 AM, Einsteinjr said:

Fixed by running the comand in the Chive docker:

# chia wallet get_address
No online backup file found,
 Press S to skip restore from backup
 Press F to use your own backup file: s
############
############

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Einsteinjr said:

I may try to reinstall the fork as a last ditch effort.

14 hours ago, Einsteinjr said:

# chia wallet get_address
No online backup file found,
 Press S to skip restore from backup
 Press F to use your own backup file: s
############
############

It took me a few tries to get chives going after a drive swap last week.

The problem looked similar. (see discord) I am not sure witch one of my desperate attempts eventually got it going but I think I deleted the wallet and then it asked to rebuild that in the command line (and I needed to agree before it could do that)

(press s to skip and i was done)

Edited by mdrodge
On 12/25/2021 at 4:39 PM, Helmonder said:

That did it ! Thanks !

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Its gone again... I think this is due to the Chia "dust storms" ?  And not connected to the functionality ?

Am I correct in this ?

And will stuff automgically work again when the dust clears or is there a need to restart the container to force that ? (it appears I have maxed out all my harddisk space so I am not plotting anymore, so restarting the container is not so much of an issue..)

On 12/27/2021 at 7:36 PM, flyize said:

What am I missing here?

image.png.076d3479ba480179985ca7ea1b6aa4e7.png

A reboot or an update to your community apps tab is my guess.

This is quite a common glitch in Unraid and it normally resolves itself pretty quickly.

If it's running then it doesn't matter and there isn't any updates to get right now anyway.

My advice is see if it's still doing it in 2022

(((To update the Apps tab simply open the apps tab and see if you get a big yellow bar at the top of the page asking you to update, if you do then click it)))

Edited by mdrodge
  • Like 1
On 12/28/2021 at 9:28 AM, Helmonder said:

Its gone again... I think this is due to the Chia "dust storms" ?  And not connected to the functionality ?

And will stuff automgically work again when the dust clears or is there a need to restart the container to force that ? (it appears I have maxed out all my harddisk space so I am not plotting anymore, so restarting the container is not so much of an issue..)

You still have some space on the Cache drive for Machinaris to store the chain though right?

If the dust storm effected you there is a guide on how to increase your connection count by my buddy Digital Spaceport on YouTube called "Chia Network Halloween ZOMBIE Connection FIX" (all he does is change a couple of setting in the config.yaml file to allow more connections)

I think some of his numbers are a bit high but a small bump is a grate idea.

The dust should have settled an hour after the storm.

The storm didn't even touch me (with extra connections set) (infect I hit a block when the difficulty dropped and got a bonus from the pool to because the netspace dropped)

We are the lucky ones with our unraid rigs and awesome software if configured correctly we are unstoppable. 

Edited by mdrodge