[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

Yes, you can plot on either the fullnode or plotter.  Details on the wiki.

I ask because the wiki doesn't have quite enough detail.

Also, do you have a source on all the possible commands for chia? It seems the --help, isn't complete, as I have found commands that weren't mentioned in the help file.

2 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Yes, you can plot on either the fullnode or plotter.  Details on the wiki.

For this part - 

PORT: worker_port: must the actual PORT ingress allowed so Unraid binds the worker_api_port for listening.

Can you clarify this? I'm going to setup my original full node as a harvester and standup a fullnode, albeit a smaller one, on my primary unraid server. 

18 hours ago, eagle470 said:

For this part - 

PORT: worker_port: must the actual PORT ingress allowed so Unraid binds the worker_api_port for listening.

Can you clarify this? I'm going to setup my original full node as a harvester and standup a fullnode, albeit a smaller one, on my primary unraid server. 

Sure, Unraid has Ports and Variables.  'worker_port' is the actual Port binding.  'worker_api_port' is the Variable used inside the container.  Here's an example for Chives on 8931:

image.thumb.png.328dda28877f0df607c9f30e46d89cbf.png

Chia stopped harvesting earlier today so I stopped and restarted, and now in the blockchain tab, I get this error (For Chia only. Forks are fine)

Exception from 'show' Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/chia-blockchain/chia/cmds/show.py", line 41, in show_async
    blockchain_state = await client.get_blockchain_state()
  File "/chia-blockchain/chia/rpc/full_node_rpc_client.py", line 27, in get_blockchain_state
    response = await self.fetch("get_blockchain_state", {})
  File "/chia-blockchain/chia/rpc/rpc_client.py", line 49, in fetch
    raise ValueError(res_json)
ValueError: {'error': "b'\\xd7\\x80\\xd2,z\\x87\\xc9\\xe0\\x1d\\x98\\xb4\\x9a\\t\\x10\\xf6p\\x1c;\\x95\\x01WA1k?\\xda\\x04.]{\\x81\\xd2'", 'success': False}

Any ideas?

44 minutes ago, DoeBoye said:

Chia stopped harvesting earlier today so I stopped and restarted, and now in the blockchain tab, I get this error (For Chia only. Forks are fine)

File "/chia-blockchain/chia/rpc/full_node_rpc_client.py", line 27, in get_blockchain_state
ValueError: {'error': "b'\\xd7\\x80\\xd2,z\\x87\\xc9\\xe0\\x1d\\x98\\xb4\\x9a\\t\\x10\\xf6p\\x1c;\\x95\\x01WA1k?\\xda\\x04.]{\\x81\\xd2'", 'success': False}

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, this has been reported by many regular Chia users recently (not specific to Machinaris).  Only solution seems to be a blockchain database reset which is a hassle. 

Sorry for the trouble these Chia services are causing.  I'm actually looking into automated DB backups within Machinaris as a way to try to mitigate this unfortunate instability.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DoeBoye said:

Any ideas?

Check if database drive ran out of space? You might have a different issue but I had that happen, I don't recall what errors I got but the only way out was a database resync. I saw some say you could export it in sqlite as text, remove first and last lines and reimprt, it's just surprisingly difficult to do with a 30+GB file when you're not an expert on sed, and I guess there's no guarantee it would work even if you could do that.

16 hours ago, guy.davis said:

I'm actually looking into automated DB backups within Machinaris as a way to try to mitigate this unfortunate instability.

That would be welcomed, but also checking whether the drive that holds the database is running out pf space would be beneficial. Yes, unraid does have low space warnings but it's not very granular, and it'd be nice to have within machinaris.

On another note, have you tested HDDcoin v2.0 at all? I'm sort of interested in their HODL program which requires the new version.

5 hours ago, MortenSchmidt said:

On another note, have you tested HDDcoin v2.0 at all? I'm sort of interested in their HODL program which requires the new version.

Hi, yes.  The Machinaris development images included the latest HDDCoin just a few hours after HDDCoin team released on January 6th.  Some Machinaris users, in the #hddcoin channel of our Discord ,used that early Machinaris version for the hodl command-line that very day.   

The Machinaris test images received this HDDCoin update about 3 days later.  The next Machinaris official release with the updated HDDCoin version is due sometime next month.

Details on Machinaris release streams on the wiki.  You're welcome to run whichever stream you would like.  Hope this helps.

45 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Hi, yes.  The Machinaris development images included the latest HDDCoin just a few hours after HDDCoin team released on January 6th.  Some Machinaris users, in the #hddcoin channel of our Discord ,used that early Machinaris version for the hodl command-line that very day.   

The Machinaris test images received this HDDCoin update about 3 days later.  The next Machinaris official release with the updated HDDCoin version is due sometime next month.

Details on Machinaris release streams on the wiki.  You're welcome to run whichever stream you would like.  Hope this helps.

(I think??) I'm running the test stream (ghcr.io/guydavis/machinaris-hddcoin:test) and running "docker exec -it machinaris-hddcoin hddcoin version" returns "1.2.10.dev121".

What I did was simply add the :test to the repo in unraid "update Continer" dialog and hit apply, it looked to me like it pulled the new image and while I see you have more elaborate instructions in the wiki, please help me understand if and why all that is needed and whether running those commands will cause all of my running dockers to stop, wipe and re-pull? I've used docker commands a bit but never encountered the docker-compose command nor a need for it.

PS. Also. running "docker exec -it machinaris-hddcoin hodl -h" (or without the -h) returns:

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: exec: "hodl": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown

I do see your note in the changelog for :test stream about v6.9 updating to v1.2.11 but according to hddcoin github, v2.0 is needed for hodl.

Edited by MortenSchmidt
1 hour ago, MortenSchmidt said:

(I think??) I'm running the test stream (ghcr.io/guydavis/machinaris-hddcoin:test) and running "docker exec -it machinaris-hddcoin hddcoin version" returns "1.2.10.dev121".

Good catch.  Looks like they recently dropped another update.  This latest is now in Machinaris ":develop" today, and will be in ":test" in a couple more days. 

image.png.a34c750e98021e2f66a01780cc3be711.png

Yes, all you need to do is change the suffix of the Repository line in Unraid Docker UI and click Save to switch between versions.  Check for Update helps too.

On 1/13/2022 at 9:49 AM, mungler said:

I think I can get away with not bothering pinning. 

Cheers!

Those old AMD's were pretty weak.

If you sit at %100 load on a container there is no cpu to run the os and so it'll stall and the whole system will crash.

It's not a question of raw power either as I've managed to crash unraid by pegging a 2990wx (with Handbrake loads).

Just pin them to every core/thread apart from thread 0 and give your os a little room to make files or you'll definitely corrupt your cache drive or your usb stick.

Containers are not apps they are more like Virtual Machines.

If you put a car inside your car there is no room for you to get in and drive unless the second car is smaller.

Edited by mdrodge
1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

This latest is now in Machinaris ":develop" today, and will be in ":test" in a couple more days. 

So the order is      ?????????????????

.develop     =     alpha 

.test          =     beta 

.latest       =     stable 

I just assumed .test would be the name of the alpha stream.

Sorry, I've not run anything bleeding edge in a long time.

Edited by mdrodge
On 1/22/2022 at 6:44 AM, guy.davis said:

Unfortunately, this has been reported by many regular Chia users recently (not specific to Machinaris).  Only solution seems to be a blockchain database reset which is a hassle. 

Sorry for the trouble these Chia services are causing.  I'm actually looking into automated DB backups within Machinaris as a way to try to mitigate this unfortunate instability.

Thanks!! I had the same problem too, since a few days ago over the weekend.

Sadly, I spend a good deal of time figuring out how to delete the config and db files, since the appdata (especially the machinaris folders) permissions were locked by unraid (and I'm too lazy to figure out the commands). My binhex Krusader refused to rename or delete the files, until I googled that I needed to edit Krusader's docker values of PGID and PUID to 0 (zero = root) to run krusader as root. Sheesh

On 1/21/2022 at 5:44 PM, guy.davis said:

So the Chia blockchain was finally almost resynced last night. I just checked this morning, and it seems to have reset to the beginning again! (March 2021) without any intervention!... 😢. Any ideas?

On 1/22/2022 at 10:47 AM, MortenSchmidt said:

Check if database drive ran out of space? You might have a different issue but I had that happen, I don't recall what errors I got but the only way out was a database resync. I saw some say you could export it in sqlite as text, remove first and last lines and reimprt, it's just surprisingly difficult to do with a 30+GB file when you're not an expert on sed, and I guess there's no guarantee it would work even if you could do that.

That would be welcomed, but also checking whether the drive that holds the database is running out pf space would be beneficial. Yes, unraid does have low space warnings but it's not very granular, and it'd be nice to have within machinaris.

Hi! Thanks for the idea. Lots of space though :(. That would have been an easy fix if it was the issue! :)

2 hours ago, DoeBoye said:

So the Chia blockchain was finally almost resynced last night. I just checked this morning, and it seems to have reset to the beginning again! (March 2021) without any intervention!... 😢. Any ideas?

Ackkk! Just checked again, and the error has returned!!

2 minutes ago, DoeBoye said:

Ackkk! Just checked again, and the error has returned!!

That sucks you keep encountering this defect.  Regular Chia users are routinely hitting this as well and creating new defects on the Chia Github.  Still no solution from Chia Network development team.  One user posted a possible hack/fix, but Chia devs discouraged its use.

I will try to prioritize database backup functionality in an upcoming version of Machinaris.  Unfortunately, that does not help you today.  Sorry!

10 hours ago, guy.davis said:

That sucks you keep encountering this defect.  Regular Chia users are routinely hitting this as well and creating new defects on the Chia Github.  Still no solution from Chia Network development team.  One user posted a possible hack/fix, but Chia devs discouraged its use.

I will try to prioritize database backup functionality in an upcoming version of Machinaris.  Unfortunately, that does not help you today.  Sorry!

So the plot thickens! I deleted my config.yaml file, waited 30 minutes, and error was still there... Then, for unrelated issues, I had to reboot my server. After rebooting, I started all my dockers, then didn't look again till now... Blockchain is fully synced!

Not sure if it was the config file or the full reboot, but problem seems to be gone!! 😅

• Like 1