How to get my docker image size back down?

danimal86

I was having a problem with Tdarr where i had an path incorrect and i believe it was writing data where it shouldn't be.  I THINK i have solved that problem, but my docker size still shows almost full

image.png.81f7e805441b0a4af33074fda44dc125.png

I've tried restarting tdarr and tdarr node.  I tried restarting the docker engine.  I left the docker engine off and restarted unraid.  I was hoping that that would flush out what had been written in the wrong place, but no go.  

I see there's a "scrub" under the docker advanced settings, but i dont want to go being all click-happy and mess something up

image.thumb.png.32278ac5bd84965f8b58515d129840c2.png

I've attached diagnostics.  

Thoughts?

tower-diagnostics-20210930-1512.zip

9 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Best method is to delete the image file and set up a new one. Only takes minutes.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/?do=findComment&comment=564363

Alright, i read about that....even though they say its an "easy process" ....im scared. Lol

Doing an appdata backup right now in case things go south, and i'll delete the docker image and re-install apps.  

Following this for the delete:

alright, its done.  I was able to redownload all my apps.  

the only hiccup was that under the apps tab and "previous apps" there were ones that i had downloaded before but had removed.  Example: there was a plex official and linuxiso version of Plex on there, so i had to figure out which one i was using. 

Advice to anyone looking to do this: make a list of the apps you are using and their developers. 

all my dockers popped back up just fine.  

11 hours ago, danimal86 said:

alright, its done.  I was able to redownload all my apps.  

the only hiccup was that under the apps tab and "previous apps" there were ones that i had downloaded before but had removed.  Example: there was a plex official and linuxiso version of Plex on there, so i had to figure out which one i was using. 

Advice to anyone looking to do this: make a list of the apps you are using and their developers. 

all my dockers popped back up just fine.  

Just delete the ones from Previous Apps that you don't use / want

• 2 years later...
On 10/1/2021 at 2:20 AM, ChatNoir said:

If you know what container is at fault, you can also force update this specific app. You need to switch the docker tab from basic to advanced view.

I did that last weekend. ;) 

Please Please Please Please everybody read further down until you get to this guys answer and save yourself soooo much PITA!!!  Everyone go and upvote his answer to get this higher on the results!!!