[support] OBS-NDI

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 11:57 AM, patrickstigler said:

You must be in the same subnet. Than it will work. Just define your container within the same Subnet i.e. 192.168.0.X

That is the exact way I am using it. 

Sometimes it can take a bit till your Desktop will be found. (Have you enabled it on your desktop?)

Hi would you please help.

I am trying receive ndi streams inside docker container but obs studio doesn't see any ndi source from outside. I try to setup Subnet but it doesn't help.

Let me know please does your obs studio inside docker see outside ndi source?

what ports do you share with host

i am expose ports docker run --shm-size=256m -it --expose 5353 --expose 5353/udp -p 5900:5900 -p 5901:5901 -p 5910:5910 -e VNC_PASSWD=123456 daedilus1/docker-obs-ndi:latest

• 1 month later...

Very interested in this Docker, but how would I go about adding plugins, i.e. SteamFx and Teleport? I get the container is called NDI, but not sure how to really add this in. I get the same subnet rules apply, and other constraints. I'm not new to administering dockers, but modification is a rough one for me still.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like I'm missing something simple here. My container is experiencing a slow network connection. When I set my NDI bandwidth to lowest, everything in OBS is smooth. But, when I set it to highest, both the audio and video hang every few seconds. I have a VM running on br0 as well, but it doesn't use much bandwidth. I tried setting the container to use bridge, host, and another custom network, but I could not get it to see my NDI source on any of them, so I can't really continue troubleshooting.

Checking Task Manager on the source PC shows that NDI isn't using more than 120 Mbps on a gigabit LAN connection. The source PC and unRAID server are connected to the same switch and router.

Edited by LeeNeighoff
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 7:55 PM, chalk said:

Any chance you could add the obs-multi-rtmp plugin? https://github.com/sorayuki/obs-multi-rtmp, advanced scene switcher https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher, and the WebSockets Server Settings https://github.com/obsproject/obs-websocket plugins?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay. 

I just saw some pull requests. I gonna fix the image soon and also add some plugins.

@LeeNeighoff

Unfortunately I got the same problem. But I can't really see a solution for that. .... yet. 

On 10/20/2022 at 8:27 PM, patrickstigler said:

Sorry for the delay. 

I just saw some pull requests. I gonna fix the image soon and also add some plugins.

@LeeNeighoff

Unfortunately I got the same problem. But I can't really see a solution for that. .... yet. 

The websocket server plugin is now a part of the OBS program and no longer a plugin

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've updated unraid to latest version and downloaded latest update for obs-ndi but I'm not able to connect to novnc client. From checking the logs, not sure if the two lines were throwing an error before, but I see the error message below.

/usr/bin/xauth:  file /root/.Xauthority does not exist
/opt/container_startup.sh: line 8: /opt/noVNC/utils/launch.sh: No such file or directory

1 hour ago, iForeverNoob said:

Hi, I've updated unraid to latest version and downloaded latest update for obs-ndi but I'm not able to connect to novnc client. From checking the logs, not sure if the two lines were throwing an error before, but I see the error message below.

/usr/bin/xauth:  file /root/.Xauthority does not exist
/opt/container_startup.sh: line 8: /opt/noVNC/utils/launch.sh: No such file or directory

I have the same issue now. Sorry for that. I realized it too late. It's just the webserver for the webVNC. As a workaround (my default way to connect). Is a full vnc client. With that you shoudn't have a problem.

I created a dev branch and will fix it soon-ish.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

WebUI didn't work for me on last version, and it seemed like other comments said "wait for an update". After updating to the latest, I see this:

Warning: could not find self.pem
Using local websockify at /opt/noVNC/utils/websockify/run
Starting webserver and WebSockets proxy on port 5901
Failed to start WebSockets proxy

Any help would be great. Let me know if I can provide more info. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 11:50 AM, scooterbaga said:

WebUI didn't work for me on last version, and it seemed like other comments said "wait for an update". After updating to the latest, I see this:

Any help would be great. Let me know if I can provide more info. Thanks.

I'm getting the same error.  Please help!

Sorry for the long delay.

But now I rebuilded the whole container on a new base image. So I hope the regular updates for instance the NVC will come with that image. 

I will update the instructions in unraid as well (app template), since I changed some ports and variables.  (takes around 2h)

@z0nik @Japesg @SeHansson @Evidenz

@scooterbaga

Thanks for the hint - I fixed the GPU IP by setting it as required field and added a note.

2 hours ago, patrickstigler said:

Sorry for the long delay.

But now I rebuilded the whole container on a new base image. So I hope the regular updates for instance the NVC will come with that image. 

I will update the instructions in unraid as well (app template), since I changed some ports and variables.  (takes around 2h)

@z0nik @Japesg @SeHansson @Evidenz

@scooterbaga

Thanks for the hint - I fixed the GPU IP by setting it as required field and added a note.

Much appreciated! I will have a look.