[Support] Goobaroo - Modded Minecraft Java Servers

EDIT: I was able to update my world by creating a second clean docker container with different folder for AppData, after initial setup was done and server was running, I stopped it and replaced 'world' folder with the one from previous instance. Some settings seem off, i.e. mini map is different and lost my waypoints, but it could be just due to mods versions update.

Original:

Updated ATM9 to 0.0.25 and it no longer running. Startup script downloads everything, but then Server throws few exceptions.
[20:18:53] [main/WARN] [minecraft/Main]: Failed to load datapacks, can't proceed with server load. You can either fix your datapacks or reset to vanilla with --safeMode
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Overworld settings missing
        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:396) ~[?:?] {}
        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:2073) ~[?:?] {}

Same thing happened when I upgraded to 0.0.23, before that when I upgraded to 0.0.21 (I think) - I could only make it work again, if I remove ATM9 from app data and reinstall docker. 
Is this behavior something I should expect and don't update unless really needed? Is there something I can do to successfully upgrade?

Edited by [email protected]

Having issues with multiple versions of the servers - it DID install and work breifly for me. 

I was playing Enigmatica 6 with my kid and we restarted the server because I did not give OP to them. 

However on restarting we ran into an issue giving "authentication server down" 

So checked DNS, Time Settings etc. 

Ended up removing docker and reinstalling it. 

However it now fails to reinstall at all. 

It gets to this part and hangs for around 5 mins then downloads the pack and crashes. 

+ curl -Lo log4j2_112-116.xml https://launcher.mojang.com/v1/objects/02937d122c86ce73319ef9975b58896fc1b491d1/log4j2_112-116.xml

This is on the second attempt at starting the server 

image.thumb.png.0ec97114021202b799396139b1d27636.png

This is the initial crash message when doing a fresh install. 

image.thumb.png.9cf18ebce9c717ec4256c830ec4368ff.png 

Any ideas or suggestions at all? I can access intener normally with everything else, have tried without any pihole / pfblocker / suricata etc. still no luck. 

Thanks

Edited by Arcau
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 8:10 AM, Arcau said:

Any ideas or suggestions at all? I can access intener normally with everything else, have tried without any pihole / pfblocker / suricata etc. still no luck. 

Try cleaning everything in your instances app folder. I noticed that ATM9 leave few hidden folders like '.caches' and '.mixed' and ATM won't install correctly unless I clean everything - run 'ls -la' to see them. Or you can remove completely, but make sure that new one is created with correct owner, for me it recreated with 'root' as owner instead of 'nobody'.   

Edited by [email protected]

I was prompted for 2 updates today that came in within the last 24 hours. Something went wrong somewhere:

[13:27:14] [main/WARN] [minecraft/Main]: Failed to load datapacks, can't proceed with server load. You can either fix your datapacks or reset to vanilla with --safeMode

Sever won't start and hoping there is a quick fix/suggestion. Thanks.

1 hour ago, goldbondx said:

I was prompted for 2 updates today that came in within the last 24 hours. Something went wrong somewhere:

[13:27:14] [main/WARN] [minecraft/Main]: Failed to load datapacks, can't proceed with server load. You can either fix your datapacks or reset to vanilla with --safeMode

Sever won't start and hoping there is a quick fix/suggestion. Thanks.

Which one are you trying to update?  

Sor

19 hours ago, Goobaroo said:

Which one are you trying to update?  

Sorry for delay on the java version.  I have tried forcing update multiple times but same effort occurs. Server eventually cacs. 

7/19 - I even  tried completely removing the docker and reinstalling from scratch and I receive the same error. Server will not start/load.  I ensure folder was removed prior to re-install.

Edited by goldbondx
more info
19 hours ago, goldbondx said:

Sor

Sorry for delay on the java version.  I have tried forcing update multiple times but same effort occurs. Server eventually cacs. 

7/19 - I even  tried completely removing the docker and reinstalling from scratch and I receive the same error. Server will not start/load.  I ensure folder was removed prior to re-install.

@goldbondx Specifically which server are you asking about?  I have 30+ different ones.  ATM9, SkyFactory, etc :) 

12 hours ago, Qwuille said:

When possible, could i request an update on Vault Hunters 3rd edition?
Have become quite dependent on your awesome Dockers :)
Thanks.

@Qwuille Vault Hunters 3 was updated on the 14th when version 3.11.0 came out.

15 hours ago, Goobaroo said:

@goldbondx Specifically which server are you asking about?  I have 30+ different ones.  ATM9, SkyFactory, etc :) 

OMG..yep that's a big DER on my part..sorry!

AllTheMods9. It just doesn't install correctly and the only failure I can see is what I posted. I have only had the server running on 6.12.3 for about a month. But, it worked flawlessly. Whatever happened during the double update 2-3 days ago seems to have caused some grief.

Update - I think I found the root cause/issue. 

I had ATM9 running on 25566 for about a month. Decided to go with default 25565 and I am back in business.   - Fixed and Fixed now! 

Edited by goldbondx

Can anyone explain how I can delete the existing world folder, and replace with the one I have from my old server? Using enigmatica 6, and I have mapped appdata to my gaming PC, but I do not have permissions to write things.

I am extremely new to unraid/docker/linux so would appreciate any help that can be explained to me like I am 5.

54 minutes ago, Shamde said:

Can anyone explain how I can delete the existing world folder, and replace with the one I have from my old server? Using enigmatica 6, and I have mapped appdata to my gaming PC, but I do not have permissions to write things.

I am extremely new to unraid/docker/linux so would appreciate any help that can be explained to me like I am 5.

All the files from your docker containers are usually stored in the appdata share.  All my containers have an Installed Location when you are looking at the settings, that is the path to the files on your server.

You can either mount appdata or copy the files up to your server with rsync or scp from a terminal.

For engimatica6, the path is likely /mnt/user/appdata/enigmatica6 and there will be a world directory in there, that you can delete and replace with yours.  Just stop the docker first and then start it up again after the copy of your world directory is moved over.

You may also need to fix permissions on the world directory after copying them up.  From a terminal on your unraid machine, run the command: chown -R nobody:users /mnt/user/appdata/enigmatica6/world

• Like 1

Allright, i tried every tip i found on the internet regarding docker problems, and i ended up just changing docker location to docker/docker2/ and then installing goobaroo:allthemods9:0.0.42 (or something along these lines..) and now it works.. the 0.0.44 version has issues with "the one probe" on my end but i got my 0.0.42 up now and all is fine.

• Like 1

Goobaroo, you're the best. I use the Create Re-flavored container and it was a cinch. So much better than when I used to set up servers years ago.

Do you have the desire to continue updating the container? I'm still learning the ins and outs, so I don't know yet if I should (or even can) manually update the contents of the container as the individual mods within post updates.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, luchalibre said:

Goobaroo, you're the best. I use the Create Re-flavored container and it was a cinch. So much better than when I used to set up servers years ago.

Do you have the desire to continue updating the container? I'm still learning the ins and outs, so I don't know yet if I should (or even can) manually update the contents of the container as the individual mods within post updates.

Thanks!  Glad you find them useful, but I'm not sure I understand the question.  When a new version of the modpack is published a new version of the container is also published.  Usually within a few hours of the update.  You can see all the versions listed on docker hub. - https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/goobaroo/createreflavored/general

8 hours ago, Goobaroo said:

Thanks!  Glad you find them useful, but I'm not sure I understand the question.  When a new version of the modpack is published a new version of the container is also published.  Usually within a few hours of the update.  You can see all the versions listed on docker hub. - https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/goobaroo/createreflavored/general

Oh, I figured making these containers and then supporting them, bug testing, etc was a big drag on your time, and you would have to prioritize what modpacks you keep up with. So I was hoping ReFlavored was one of them. But if you're got your workflow all optimized, that's excellent.

Side note, I figure you must already know, but just in case, your Reflavored container for 6.40 still says it's 6.39 in the unraid container description.

9 minutes ago, luchalibre said:

Side note, I figure you must already know, but just in case, your Reflavored container for 6.40 still says it's 6.39 in the unraid container description.

In my real life, I work as a Site Reliability Engineer, so I automated the build and updates of the docker containers. There is some work involved, since the modpacks don't always have fixed update paths and need to be tweaked as new updates come out.

The template used to auto-update on peoples unraid servers, but that doesn't happen any more.  There is a long fight in the Community Applications development channels.  Any ways, I do update the template every time I update the containers, so the store will show the other versions available, but not your docker tab.  

image.png.063d1b806a8cc63c8ce6ec94947a9400.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...