"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Hi,

I'm a bit of a newbie to this so sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. I've installed the temp plugin on my server running RC11 but the temperature readings are blank. The board is an ASRock - H77 Pro4-M. Is there a guide anywhere for setting up the plugin?

I've looked through the forum and spotted lots about the sensors.conf file but I'm not sure how to use it. There isn't a 'custom' directory in /boot, I have found a /etc/sensors.d path but it's empty.

I have also tried running the sensors command which outputted this:

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Physical id 0:  +38.0 C  (high = +82.0 C, crit = +102.0 C)
Core 0:         +37.0 C  (high = +82.0 C, crit = +102.0 C)
Core 1:         +29.0 C  (high = +82.0 C, crit = +102.0 C)

nct6776-isa-0290
Adapter: ISA adapter
Vcore:         +0.96 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.74 V)
in1:           +1.84 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
AVCC:          +3.38 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
+3.3V:         +3.36 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in4:           +0.11 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in5:           +1.66 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
3VSB:          +3.46 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
Vbat:          +3.28 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
fan1:          845 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM
fan2:         1468 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM
fan3:            0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM
fan4:            0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM
fan5:            0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM
SYSTIN:        +31.0 C  (high =  +0.0 C, hyst =  +0.0 C)  ALARM  sensor = thermistor
CPUTIN:        +29.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, hyst = +75.0 C)  sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN:        +38.5 C  (high = +80.0 C, hyst = +75.0 C)  sensor = thermistor
PECI Agent 0:  +37.5 C
cpu0_vid:     +0.000 V
intrusion0:   ALARM
intrusion1:   ALARM

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Rich

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Create a file called sensors.conf and place the following text in it.

# lm-sensors config

chip "nct6776-isa-0290"

label CPUTIN "CPU Temp"
   label SYSTIN "MB Temp"

You can put it where ever you want on your flash drive. I just chose to make a "custom" folder and mirror the folder structure to the same as where I would be copying the file.

You need to copy that sensors.conf to the empty (root)/etc/sensors.d folder you found. And if that fixes it then you put a copy command in your go file so it copies when you reboot.

I've already ran the sensors-detect and found one sensor. But another one I can't find because it can't find the module.

The error is this:

Using driver `i2c-sis96x' for device 0000:00:02.1: Silicon Integrated Systems SMBus Controller                                       

FATAL: Module i2c_sis96x not found.                                                                                                 

Failed to load module i2c-sis96x.   

And my board has this exact same chip:  sis 963L.

Where can I find this module and load it? Since I'm not installing the complete set of SF because otherwise I get repeated messages of sensors error whenever I log in.

# lm-sensors config

chip "nct6776-isa-0290"

label CPUTIN "CPU Temp"
   label SYSTIN "MB Temp"

You can put it where ever you want on your flash drive. I just chose to make a "custom" folder and mirror the folder structure to the same as where I would be copying the file.

You need to copy that sensors.conf to the empty (root)/etc/sensors.d folder you found. And if that fixes it then you put a copy command in your go file so it copies when you reboot.

So I've placed the sensors.conf file in /etc/sensors.d and refreshed the page but it's still not showing the temperatures. Do I need to do anything else after I've placed the sensors.conf file in sensors.d or should it work after the file is in that directory?

I have two NICs in my server and am using active backup bonding.  I have eth0 and eth1 and prefer eth1 to be the primary interface.  If I manually set the bond.port="eth1,eth0" value in simpleFeatures.cfg and reboot, eth1 becomes the active interface.  Can this be a choice in the interface configuration?  i.e. set the interface active selection sequence - eth1 then eth0 in my case.  I would rather have a way to set the primary="eth1" value in the bonding driver so eth1 will always be the active interface if it is working.  Is this a possibility?

I'm already running the latest RC.

I have an it8771 sensor and I got a similar message.  I had to force it to be seen as an it8721 with this command

modprobe it87 force_id=0x8721

You would need to do something similar for your sensor chip.  What does sensors command show?

Also I don't know if this would help:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/lm-sensors/msg08505.html

specifically the modprobe commands

So I've placed the sensors.conf file in /etc/sensors.d and refreshed the page but it's still not showing the temperatures. Do I need to do anything else after I've placed the sensors.conf file in sensors.d or should it work after the file is in that directory?

You could try changing the label on the coretemp reading but not sure what to put in place of temp1.  "Core 0" maybe.

# lm-sensors config

chip "nct6776-*"

label CPUTIN "CPU Temp"
   label SYSTIN "MB Temp"

chip "coretemp-*"

label temp1 "CPU Temp"

Also how and where are copying sensors.conf.  I just tested using an WinSCP that any changes made to sensors.conf happen immediately.

I get

success

file /boot/packages/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz: downloading from http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/ap/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz ... wget: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

bad download, deleting

Warning: unlink(/boot/packages/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz): No such file or directory in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 70

when trying to install the websever, anyone a quick fix ?

I've noticed most of my problems with SimpleFeatures and other plugins are the use of OpenSSL-1.0.1 in SimpleFeatures email & webserver, while CrashPlan & SABnzbd use OpenSSL-0.9.8r.

Trying to change the default SSL to 1.0.1 in CrashPlan & SABnzbd. will update l8r if worked...

worked for me.

also made sure all the plugins are using the same SQLite version...

I get

success

file /boot/packages/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz: downloading from http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/ap/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz ... wget: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

bad download, deleting

Warning: unlink(/boot/packages/sqlite-3.7.14.1-i486-1.txz): No such file or directory in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 70

when trying to install the websever, anyone a quick fix ?

See here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=19508.msg232982#msg232982

John

hi, i've moved my unraid install from a hp microserver to a tower system i have.

everything appeared to go great until i reinstalled simplefeatures, when i boot the server it hangs at

" /usr/bin/dbus-uuidgen --ensure ; /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system "

then:-

unable to resolve host address 'unraid simplefeatures.googlecode.com'

if i remove the simplefeatures files from the flash drive the server then boots as normal into the standard web gui.

my network settings were exactly the same as before when i had no problems, i did notice that my gateway and dns were the same so tried setting dns 1 and 2 to googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 but still nothing.

i have changed my router a couple of weeks back to a billion 7800n, i updated the network.cfg with the new details from the 7800n and all seemed fine (on the old server), locally everything worked simple features etc.

i'm using the latest rc12a

i changed my hardware to take advantage of the s3 aspects of simplefeatures in the first place so i'm eager to get it sorted.

any advice please?

# lm-sensors config

chip "nct6776-isa-0290"

label CPUTIN "CPU Temp"
   label SYSTIN "MB Temp"

Here's what worked for me on am ASROCK B75 Pro-3

Modules to load:

modprobe w83627ehf

sensors.conf:

# lm-sensors config

chip "nct6776-isa-0290"

label temp1 "CPU Temp"
   label temp2 "MB Temp"

hi, first of all thx for all the work on it, it is a great plugin (in progress).

using it now for about 2 weeks and generally love the added functionality, even not using all of the possible features. so far for the good stuff.

now to the downers, it slows many things down to a point not acceptable!

running a parity check, i see speed decreases of 50+%! that is insane. also affected are transfer speeds from cache to array etc. i move a lot of files over the week to the server (cache, than on to array).

so that is a real dealbreaker to me i have to say. first i blamed other potential issues for it, but in the end it is pretty clear, sf is running it is slow, sf is disabled it is substantially faster.

so based on that (and with a tear in my eye) i will uninstall sf for the time being/ until i see some reports this issues are solved.

anyway, i hope you keep up the good work and in one of the next versions this issues will be solved! i will be happily back to sf! but for the environment i use it in at the moment it is a no go.

cheers L

I just got my ESXi based testing rig up and running with unRAID + vmtools + SF in a VM. I get a constant stream of this on the console:

ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp1_input: Can't read
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp2_input: Can't read

I'm not surprised since I I doubt the VM supplies sensor data in a meaningful way. Is there any way to turn off just certain data streams in SF? Or is there a known fix and my searching skills are just sub-par?

Thanks!

I installed SF 1.0.11 and  it was working for a few min but now I'm getting

Apr 13 15:48:51 Tower kernel: emhttp[1187]: segfault at 676e696e ip b7474a6d sp bfbd4640 error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b7431000+15c000]

After I tried to enable the webserver. What  can I do get my web interface back?

Just a couple of ideas for the future..

Could we get a graph for the individual or average disk & CPU/Motherboard temperature on the stats page?

Also, could we specify a location to store historic stats, so they after preserved after a reboot of the server?

:)

Apr 13 15:48:51 Tower kernel: emhttp[1187]: segfault at 676e696e ip b7474a6d sp bfbd4640 error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b7431000+15c000]

After I tried to enable the webserver. What  can I do get my web interface back?

Remove the SF Email notification and Webserver plugin and put back the 1.05 version of those 2, as these both install an updated version of openssl that causes all sorts of issues.

The ONLY thing you can do to get the web-interface back is to reboot.  It cannot be re-started in the 5.X series. 

If you are lucky, you installed the clean-powerdown package.  You can then type

/sbin/powerdown

to stop the array and power down for the reboot.

Otherwise, you'll have to stop the array using individual command line commands as shown in the wiki.  Once stopped you can type

reboot

Joe L.

I just got my ESXi based testing rig up and running with unRAID + vmtools + SF in a VM. I get a constant stream of this on the console:

ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp1_input: Can't read
ERROR: Can't get value of subfeature temp2_input: Can't read

I'm not surprised since I I doubt the VM supplies sensor data in a meaningful way. Is there any way to turn off just certain data streams in SF? Or is there a known fix and my searching skills are just sub-par?

Thanks!

Anyone have a comment on this?

pjneder, It's due to the SimpleFeatures temperature plugin.

I got the same problem with my ESXi build, and I use RDM right now.

Don't know if the errors still there when I get my M1015 and pass that through...

But the plugin won't work if your using RDM.

MadsRC,

Thanks for the feedback. I am not using RDM. I have the SASLP-MV8 in pass through mode and it works fine. I think it is due to the CPU/mobo temps it is trying to read.

Still looking for a handy way to disable that or bypass it. I will start looking at the code pretty soon, but I was hoping for an easier answer.

Thanks!

I have unraid 5 with simplefeatures installed.  Very regularly, when I try to load it via a browser it just times out.  I am able to access couchpotato, plex and transmission with no problem but can't access simplefeatures.  Usually it just comes back eventually.  Usually within a few hours.  Why does this keep happening?

• Squid locked this topic