"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

OK found the log viewer sorry about that was staring me in face been long day and kids have been driving me nuts once i got home from work lol.

Where can I find the option to start the mover manually so I can set a move of the files off me cache drive manually cant seem to locate it.

It may be time for some much needed sleep lol

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK found the log viewer sorry about that was staring me in face been long day and kids have been driving me nuts once i got home from work lol.

Where can I find the option to start the mover manually so I can set a move of the files off me cache drive manually cant seem to locate it.

It may be time for some much needed sleep lol

Settings --> Share Settings --> button at the bottom

the log icon is missing because it points to the wrong place and the plugin hasn't been fixed yet.  Another poster, a few pages back in this thread, discovered this, and even fixed it with a command, but it didn't hold up to a reboot.  We need the guy who wrote the plugin to fix it.

Bergware has made a bunch of changes to the plugin, including changing everything to the plg plugin architecture. Heaps of bug fixes made, it's brilliant. Due to the plugin change, the installation details have now changed too.

http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/SimpleFeatures%20Plugins.zip

Install Instructions:

If you're migrating from an earlier version, MAKE BACKUP OF FLASH DRIVE AS YOUR SETTINGS WILL BE DELETED, then you need to remove:

• /boot/extra/simpleFeatures* files
  • /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/ folder

Your server must have internet connectivity to download the required files for the packages!

1. Download the "SimpleFeatures Plugins" zip from our Google Code page. Choose the plugins you wish to install. The Base package is required for all other packages to run.

2. Create folder called "plugins" at the base of the flash drive - "/boot/plugins"

3. Copy in the plugins (must have .plg extension) you wish to have installed on Boot.

4. Reboot. If it looks funny, please clear your browser cache!

Bergware has made a bunch of changes to the plugin, including changing everything to the plg plugin architecture. Heaps of bug fixes made, it's brilliant. Due to the plugin change, the installation details have now changed too.

http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/SimpleFeatures%20Plugins.zip

Install Instructions:

If you're migrating from an earlier version, MAKE BACKUP OF FLASH DRIVE, then you need to remove:

• /boot/extra/simpleFeatures* files
  • /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/ folder

Your server must have internet connectivity to download the required files for the packages!

1. Download the "SimpleFeatures Plugins" zip from our Google Code page. Choose the plugins you wish to install. The Base package is required for all other packages to run.

2. Create folder called Extra at the base of the flash drive - "/boot/plugins"

3. Copy in the plugins (must have .plg extension) you wish to have installed on Boot.

4. Reboot. If it looks funny, please clear your browser cache!

2 from above:

The instructions look like a directory called "Extra" should be created under /boot/plugins, do that and you end up with the stock unraid gui. Plugins should be placed in /boot/plugins (and should there be no plugins directory under /boot then it should be created.

Deletions from flashdrive:

Also in my case there has never been a Simplefeatures folder under /boot/plugins so it could not be deleted (maybe that diretory existed in an earlier version ?)

I just installed the new version and it appears to be running fine, should I run into something I will be sure to let know !

Some stuff I notice:

- When I call the system log thru the menu bar (next to info) the log appears for a second then immediately dissapears again;

- When I call the system log from the utils log the page remains busy, if you scroll down the log immediately scrolls back to the top;

Note: Page refresh interval is disabled (in a previous version I had similar behaviour whenever the interval was set, though not as fast)

I also notice that the "sending ioctl" error is present although I have mail notifications disabled (not sure if that is correct, I used to have it enabled (error did not bother me), I just did not get around making the settings again and noticed this.

Solved the issue with the log button in the menu bar, I changed the refresh to a minute <SAVE/DONE> then changed it back to disabled <SAVE/DONE>. It now works.

The log in the utils page still gives the same effect, it looks like it is constantly trying to add to the bottom of the log and with every add the focus is put back to the start.

Sorry about that - amended instructions. I'm sure I wrote "plugins", I guess not :)

/boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures should be deleted - that I didn't forget!

I will be fixing the email notifications script soon (sending ioctl 2285 issue) .

Perhaps I'm missing something, but for those that already have the SF installed, all we need to do is REPLACE the /boot/extra/*.plg files with the new ones and reboot, correct?  No need to delete anything and I don't want to loose my configuration data for Email Notifiy, so I'm planning to leave my file /boot/config/simplefeatures.cfg file alone.

Or did I miss something re the instructions?  I am planning to upgrade to the new files tonight, so please let me know if my above plan won't work.

Thanks!

not doing that much at the moment

Sep 28 17:12:56 HomeServer logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 28 17:12:56 HomeServer logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 28 17:12:56 HomeServer logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 28 17:12:56 HomeServer logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 28 17:12:56 HomeServer logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 28 17:12:56 HomeServer logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 28 17:12:56 HomeServer logger: installing plugin: *
Sep 28 17:12:56 HomeServer logger: 
Sep 28 17:12:56 HomeServer logger: Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/boot/config/plugins/*.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13
Sep 28 17:12:56 HomeServer logger:  xml parse error

for the record... the plg files are in /boot/plugins/*.plg

it seems not to be able to download the wanted packages, but with copy and paste the adress in the browser it does work... the download that is

then copied the files over.. it seems it's needed in /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures... which actually is made during boot

so.. that works but now i get a message...

Warning: parse_ini_file(/var/local/emhttp/simpleFeatures.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 201

at the top of my screen

edit: actually, that went away after making some changes in the settings and created the ini file

to me it just seems easier to drop those *.tgz files in the extra directory as before

using unraid v5.0-rc8a

I just wanted to say thank you for the updates. I grabbed the zip and followed the install instructions. After removing all the old stuff in the extras folder (I killed the whole folder), I placed the .plg files in the plugins folder. Everything worked perfectly. I installed:

• simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1
  • simpleFeatures.s3.sleep-1.0.5-noarch-1
  • simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-noarch-1
  • simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-noarch-1

in my first attempt i tried to install

• simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1
    simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-noarch-1
    simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-noarch-1

see my post above for the result of that... (which worked)

but trying it again.. but with disk health, activity monitor, log viewer.. it all worked as advertised..

weird

• Squid locked this topic