"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Below the design specifications as given by Limetech:

General plugin file locations:

/boot/plugins/              # directory for system plugins (updated with new releases)

/boot/config/plugins/        # directory for user plugins

/boot/packages/              # downloaded slackware packages

Putting the SimpleFeatures *.plg files in /boot/plugins will not work, settings won't be saved and after a reboot files are not found.

Can you define a "system plugin" 

So obviously SF is not a system plugin, what about APCUPSD? Screen? OpenSSH?

Limetech has provided the "Squeeze Box" plugin which serves as a guide line for designing other plugins. In here the recommendation is given to use "/boot/config/plugins", hence most newer plugins use this location.

"/boot/plugins" seems more reserved for system extensions, though it is arguable that SF is such an extension and should be placed there!

It is feasible to do, if this is the general consensus...

Ahh fair enough I guess.  I was jsut curious.  When I see something like that written is just begs the question of what is then considered a system plugin [shrug] :)  Thanks for all your efforts.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The folder "/boot/config/email/" can be safely removed, it is not used anymore in SF-1.0.5

SF-1.0.5 does not install anything in "/boot/packages". Unused files in this folder you can remove too.

Thanks Bonienl!  However, I guess I'm asking what should be deleted in the /boot/packages/ folder, given I do run the APC and iStat plugins, I assume the plugin files are downloading the other stuff into my packages folder, like Powerdown, zlib, and cxxlibs.  Or, those could be left over from my old setup (which my friend helped me setup).  Bottom line, is any of that stuff old and can be safely deleted? 

I think it's a process question - does the APC and iState plugins download and drop files in the /boot/packages/ folder?  For example, the Powerdown and zlib and cxxlibs files.  I'm worried that these are loading and I don't need them anymore.  I don't know what the zlib and cxxlibs files are, so I'm asking if they are a bi-product of the APC or iState plugins. Perhaps this needs to go into a different thread.

Thanks again!

I will be fixing the email notifications script soon (sending ioctl 2285 issue) .

I'm really looking forward to this fix speeding_ant.  Will it start reporting the Parity Check status as well as UPS status when the power goes out?  Mine used to do this with the old unmenu setup, but now I only get the "unraid OK" emails.  I'm running my monthly parity check right now and the only way I know that is by going to the gui.  Again, looking forward to the new email notifications.  :)

Question from one who is not a operating system programer-- Does the new version of SF (1.0.5) download the actual software and install it everytime that the system starts or reboots?

I like to control when my system updates and I don't really want to have a 'just released' software update installed on my running system just because it was shutdown for some reason (perhaps beyond my control). (Plus, I have a test bed to experiment on anyway.)  I won't want to end up in the situation that apparently has surfaced on this version of SF. 

As a end user, I would like to have any plug-in system scheme to give the user the option of if-and-when to update.  (I have turned off all of the auto-updates on my Windows machines for just this reason!)

It just downloads it once, and only installs it if the MD5 hash matches. It copies each .tgz package into /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures and installs from there.

Each update will require the replacement of the .plg file, which will go ahead and download the new packages.

Question from one who is not a operating system programer-- Does the new version of SF (1.0.5) download the actual software and install it everytime that the system starts or reboots?

I like to control when my system updates and I don't really want to have a 'just released' software update installed on my running system just because it was shutdown for some reason (perhaps beyond my control). (Plus, I have a test bed to experiment on anyway.)  I won't want to end up in the situation that apparently has surfaced on this version of SF. 

As a end user, I would like to have any plug-in system scheme to give the user the option of if-and-when to update.  (I have turned off all of the auto-updates on my Windows machines for just this reason!)

It just downloads it once, and only installs it if the MD5 hash matches. It copies each .tgz package into /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures and installs from there.

Each update will require the replacement of the .plg file, which will go ahead and download the new packages.

Thanks for the information.  It is good to know that the user has the final control on exactly what is installed and when it happens. 

Since my Simplefeatures upgrade the other day, my server is no longer sleeping as it did prior. I am using the s3 sleep plugin. I see the option:

Interval of network / device inactivity (minutes): 5

I'm not sure if I had a setting in there before. Does that mean it needs to wait 5 minutes after network activity stops? I have the check box "Wait for network inactivity:" below set to no.

My go file has:

/usr/local/sbin/s3_sleep -a -m10 -t5 -eeth0 -h03 -p /usr/local/bin/postRun

It only downloads packages if they do not exist - only time that will happen is if you delete a package or install a new/updated .plg - then the 1st time it will download any newer software required - then it is on your flash and just reinstalls it from there upon next bootup.

Myk

Since my Simplefeatures upgrade the other day, my server is no longer sleeping as it did prior. I am using the s3 sleep plugin. I see the option:

Interval of network / device inactivity (minutes): 5

I'm not sure if I had a setting in there before. Does that mean it needs to wait 5 minutes after network activity stops? I have the check box "Wait for network inactivity:" below set to no.

My go file has:

/usr/local/sbin/s3_sleep -a -m10 -t5 -eeth0 -h03 -p /usr/local/bin/postRun

I edited my go file by hand to read:

/usr/local/sbin/s3_sleep -a -m10 -t0 -eeth0 -h03 -p /usr/local/bin/postRun

and now my server finally went to sleep.

With the email plugin i now get spammed every hour with "unraid is Ok".

Is is possible to change this behavior to just send hourly mails when there is an error of some sort?

I'm actually only interested when something goes wrong.

Haven't found it if it was possible.

With the email plugin i now get spammed every hour with "unraid is Ok".

Is is possible to change this behavior to just send hourly mails when there is an error of some sort?

I'm actually only interested when something goes wrong.

Haven't found it if it was possible.

To lengthen the interval, change the value of 'Email Frequency' (unit is minutes) on the EmailNotifications page.

Sorry, I haven't found a way to have it only send e-mail when something goes wrong.  (Luckily, I am not even sure if it does send an e-mail on an error condition.  ::)  )

• Squid locked this topic