"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

This was annoying me so I looked at the path for the broken log icon and it was pointing to

/plugins/simpleFeatures.logViewer/images/logs.png

That directory is actually in /usr/local/emhttp/

When I looked on my server, this file (and folder actually) wasn't there. I decided to copy another icon to this location and it worked fine. I used this command to steal an icon from elsewhere (you could choose any other icon you prefer, but this icon is used for logs elsewhere):

cp /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/images/default.png /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures.logViewer/images/logs.png

You may need to manually create the images subdirectory first. Note that I haven't rebooted yet to see if this will persist, and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't actually.

Should be an easy fix for the next version of the plugin.

I just tried and I would need to create the directory.  Let me know if works after a reboot and I'll do the same.

Thanks for your reply!  At least we know now that it's simply pointing to the wrong path and not a big deal.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parsing of the system log is slow mainly because of the size of it. This is due to Linux kernel enabling a debug tag for the type of check the email script uses to work out if a drive is ATA or SATA.

The system log refresh issue that theone is talking about is actually caused by the APC UPS plugin. It is a different issue.

Parsing of the system log is slow mainly because of the size of it. This is due to Linux kernel enabling a debug tag for the type of check the email script uses to work out if a drive is ATA or SATA.

The system log refresh issue that theone is talking about is actually caused by the APC UPS plugin. It is a different issue.

I'm shocked that a quad core i7 would take this long to parse a 300-500kb logfile. However, if it is going to take that long, maybe the default action when loading the log viewer should not be to display the syslog. Perhaps no log should be selected by default so that we don't get an unnecessary lockup for a minute or so when trying to view other logs.

Is there a solution? Other than uninstall apcupsd.

Thx

I tried disabling the APCUPSD daemon but that didn't solve the constant refresh problem.

Do I actually have to un-install (or not install on boot) the plug-in completely to fix this issue?

This was annoying me so I looked at the path for the broken log icon and it was pointing to

/plugins/simpleFeatures.logViewer/images/logs.png

That directory is actually in /usr/local/emhttp/

When I looked on my server, this file (and folder actually) wasn't there. I decided to copy another icon to this location and it worked fine. I used this command to steal an icon from elsewhere (you could choose any other icon you prefer, but this icon is used for logs elsewhere):

cp /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/images/default.png /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures.logViewer/images/logs.png

You may need to manually create the images subdirectory first. Note that I haven't rebooted yet to see if this will persist, and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't actually.

Should be an easy fix for the next version of the plugin.

I just tried and I would need to create the directory.  Let me know if works after a reboot and I'll do the same.

Thanks for your reply!  At least we know now that it's simply pointing to the wrong path and not a big deal.

Did not survive a reboot :( Still should be an easy fix for the next rev.

due to the email notification syslog bugs, my syslog rotates about every 2 days, meaning I now have syslog1, syslog2, etc.  The only fix is to uninstall SF email notification.  I might do that anyway, given it doesn't work like the old version did with unmenu.  Having a half ass plugin is lame.  It doesn't even tell you when the server is running a Parity check.

I appreciate all the effort, but doing a half ass job and leaving like this is joke.  I wish had the skills to fix it myself.  I would even pay a fee for solid wokring plugins.

WTF!

due to the email notification syslog bugs, my syslog rotates about every 2 days, meaning I now have syslog1, syslog2, etc.  The only fix is to uninstall SF email notification.  I might do that anyway, given it doesn't work like the old version did with unmenu.

So use the unmenu version. Your complaints aren't going to change the circumstances in speeding_ants life that are keeping him from working on the issue, and if anything are causing him more stress. He doesn't get paid to do this, and you probably don't feel it's worth the amount of money he would need to drop everything in his life and work on it.

due to the email notification syslog bugs, my syslog rotates about every 2 days, meaning I now have syslog1, syslog2, etc.  The only fix is to uninstall SF email notification.  I might do that anyway, given it doesn't work like the old version did with unmenu.  Having a half ass plugin is lame.  It doesn't even tell you when the server is running a Parity check.

I appreciate all the effort, but doing a half ass job and leaving like this is joke.  I wish had the skills to fix it myself.  I would even pay a fee for solid wokring plugins.

WTF!

Email notifications should be built into unRAID. I did not create the email script, simply included it. I did not enable the debug flag in the kernel which logs the event that the email script uses.

What I did do, is I went out and built a decent gui for unRAID. Building an email notificaiton script does not interest me in the slightest, especially when others had already spent that effort themselves.

I currently don't have the time to work on it. I'm waiting until the final release is out before I continue working on it.

So, WTF, I hope you understand now. There is no problem in using unMenu's plugin, which I'm sure will ported eventually. Maybe Tom will even include email notifications one day.

Quit complaining, unless you want to give us money. Then you can complain :D

The whole issue is likely to be null anyway if tom updates the kernel to the newly released kernel. I believe the debug flag has been reset on the latest kernels.

I have just installed the latest build, rc8a, with the new kernel and the error messages are still there.

Sep 18 16:21:15 tdm kernel: scsi_verify_blk_ioctl: 36 callbacks suppressed
Sep 18 16:21:15 tdm kernel: hdparm: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!
Sep 18 16:21:18 tdm last message repeated 5 times
Sep 18 16:21:18 tdm kernel: smartctl: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!
Sep 18 16:21:18 tdm last message repeated 3 times
Sep 18 16:22:18 tdm kernel: scsi_verify_blk_ioctl: 36 callbacks suppressed
Sep 18 16:22:18 tdm kernel: hdparm: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!
Sep 18 16:22:21 tdm last message repeated 5 times
Sep 18 16:22:21 tdm kernel: smartctl: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!
Sep 18 16:22:21 tdm last message repeated 3 times
Sep 18 16:23:21 tdm kernel: scsi_verify_blk_ioctl: 36 callbacks suppressed
Sep 18 16:23:21 tdm kernel: hdparm: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!
Sep 18 16:23:24 tdm last message repeated 5 times
Sep 18 16:23:24 tdm kernel: smartctl: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!
Sep 18 16:23:24 tdm last message repeated 3 times
Sep 18 16:24:24 tdm kernel: scsi_verify_blk_ioctl: 36 callbacks suppressed
Sep 18 16:24:24 tdm kernel: hdparm: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!
Sep 18 16:24:27 tdm last message repeated 5 times
Sep 18 16:24:27 tdm kernel: smartctl: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!
Sep 18 16:24:27 tdm last message repeated 3 times
Sep 18 16:25:28 tdm kernel: scsi_verify_blk_ioctl: 36 callbacks suppressed
Sep 18 16:25:28 tdm kernel: hdparm: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!
Sep 18 16:25:31 tdm last message repeated 5 times
Sep 18 16:25:31 tdm kernel: smartctl: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!

The whole issue is likely to be null anyway if tom updates the kernel to the newly released kernel. I believe the debug flag has been reset on the latest kernels.

I have just installed the latest build, rc8a, with the new kernel and the error messages are still there.

what a bummer... I will be upgrading tonight and was hoping this was going to get resolved.  :(

Just wanted to say a quick wow thanks for the plugins,

Being a new unRaid user I started in 4.7 and that interface was the first one I was exposed to, it wasn't brilliant but it did as needed and I didn't expect it to be brilliant, unraid worked and was suited to my purpose so I upgraded to plus.

Then the betas of 5 came out and I liked the ui changes that brought along.

I recently updated to 5.0-rc8a after using 5.0-rc5 for a long time and thought what the hell ill try simple features.

As soon as I saw it I thought wow this is what the ui should looked like or what the ui should aspire to become, just need unmenu to catch up and look the same.

Keep up the great work and thanks.

• Squid locked this topic