"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

From what I can tell yes. For future reference, when posting code or command like that, use the code button at the top of the post box. It wraps the code in [ code ] [ /code ] so it formats properly.

Like I mentioned earlier, you can run that in telnet by copying like you did, and right click in telnet to paste. It will add the cron now, otherwise it will not be added until you reboot.

Speeding ant, may I suggest you add that to the OP until you get a chance to rewrite the email script? Would allow users to continue to use the add on and not spam their syslog. Not a solution but a band-aid for the interim.

Thanks again, after adding these cron jobs, my syslog is very short and clean.  It's almost seems too short.

Also, not so big of a deal, but the icon for "Logs" under "Utils" is just a big red X, as if it cannot find the icon.  All of my other icons look fine.  I've tried reloading the Simplefeatures log file, but no change.  Is that what you see too, or is something wrong?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll save my current log and reboot so I can compare the two logs. This way I can make sure nothing else is being removed. It shouldn't, the patterns were specific enough they shouldn't catch anything else.

huh?  what do you mean it fixed itself?  what did you change?  I just think this is weird how the icon is screwed up.

You can check to see if it is where SF is looking for it for starters. I haven't paid attention honestly, ill see if its missing for me. All in all a minor quibble

how do I check to see where SF is looking for it?  The file I put put in my \boot\extras directory is simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz

Is that the same version / file that you have?

Telnet into the server, and type

ls -l /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/icons/page_white_text.png

If it comes back with the permission/info for the file, it exists where it should be, else it with say "file or directory does not exist"

You could try refreshing the cache for your browser:

Windows: ctrl + F5

Mac/Apple: Apple + R or command + R

Linux: F5

Do that when on the simple features page

Telnet into the server, and type

ls -l /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/icons/page_white_text.png

If it comes back with the permission/info for the file, it exists where it should be, else it with say "file or directory does not exist"

You could try refreshing the cache for your browser:

Windows: ctrl + F5

Mac/Apple: Apple + R or command + R

Linux: F5

Do that when on the simple features page

thanks. I did that and got this back,

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 342 2012-04-30 16:02 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/icons/page_white_text.png*

so I guess the file is there.

Refreshing the IE page didn't work.  I even tried Chrome and Safari.  The icon just doesn't show up.

now what?

Sorry, I haven't updated to the most current so I'm not entirely sure what to say, it may just be a broken path.

Speeding_Ant, any chance to get a button for invoking the mover on the main page? Until I get a larger cache drive I find myself having to invoke it manually quite often and it would make it quicker than navigating to it, :D

I update my go file to keep it clean, as possible, and no log since then. Anyone found same problem?

System works perfect...but only a 3 days old log.

:o

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

unraid_notify start
sed -i '/Scheduled Parity Check/d' /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
sed -i '/cron=\"\"/d' /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
crontab -l > /tmp/log; echo '#Remove ioctl error from syslog' >> /tmp/log; echo '* */1 * * * sed -e "/.*sending\ ioctl.*/d" -e "/.*callbacks\ suppressed.*/d" -e "/.*last\ message.*/d" /var/log/syslog >tmp && mv tmp /var/log/syslog' >>/tmp/log; crontab /tmp/log; rm /tmp/log

echo 192.168.1.33 unraid >>/etc/hosts
echo 192.168.1.35 HTPC >>/etc/hosts
echo 192.168.1.34 XBMC >>/etc/hosts
echo 192.168.1.37 MacBook-Air-de-Francisco >>/etc/hosts

Yes I meant to post last night, I forgot since the log daemon keeps the file open if you edit it the version syslog writes to "disappears". At the end of the command add "&& /etc/rc.d/rc.syslogd restart" without the quotes.

Works great. Thanks!!

Updated to test2 and fixed log all in same reboot  ;D

Yes I meant to post last night, I forgot since the log daemon keeps the file open if you edit it the version syslog writes to "disappears". At the end of the command add "&& /etc/rc.d/rc.syslogd restart" without the quotes.

Works great. Thanks!!

Updated to test2 and fixed log all in same reboot  ;D

Well, tomorrow I'll test it better. Log with new date/time is running but don't seem it's updating fine.

::)

EDIT: new info at bottom

EDIT2: at bottom

I should be doing something wrong in my go, sure. Thanks for your help.

My tail update, now 12:01 PM Spain.

root@unraid:/var/log# tail -f syslog
Sep  6 01:36:47 unraid transmission-daemon[13148]: Loaded 6 torrents (session.c:1937)
Sep  6 01:36:47 unraid transmission-daemon[13148]: Port Forwarding (NAT-PMP) initnatpmp succeeded (0) (natpmp.c:72)
Sep  6 01:36:47 unraid transmission-daemon[13148]: Port Forwarding (NAT-PMP) sendpublicaddressrequest succeeded (2) (natpmp.c:72)
Sep  6 01:36:48 unraid avahi-daemon[12518]: Service "unraid" (/services/afp.service) successfully established.
Sep  6 01:36:48 unraid avahi-daemon[12518]: Service "unraid-SMB" (/services/smb.service) successfully established.
Sep  6 01:36:49 unraid transmission-daemon[13148]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Found Internet Gateway Device "http://192.168.1.1:80/UD/?3" (upnp.c:113)
Sep  6 01:36:49 unraid transmission-daemon[13148]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Local Address is "192.168.1.33" (upnp.c:115)
Sep  6 01:36:49 unraid transmission-daemon[13148]: Port Forwarding (UPnP) Port forwarding through "http://192.168.1.1:80/UD/?3", service "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1". (local address: 192.168.1.33:41950) (upnp.c:221)
Sep  6 01:36:49 unraid transmission-daemon[13148]: Port Forwarding State changed from "Not forwarded" to "Starting" (port-forwarding.c:93)
Sep  6 01:36:54 unraid transmission-daemon[13148]: Port Forwarding State changed from "Starting" to "" (port-forwarding.c:93)

my go script:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

unraid_notify start
crontab -l > /tmp/log; echo '#Remove ioctl error from syslog' >> /tmp/log; echo '* */1 * * * sed -e "/.*sending\ ioctl.*/d" -e "/.*callbacks\ suppressed.*/d" -e "/.*last\ message.*/d" /var/log/syslog >tmp && mv tmp /var/log/syslog' >>/tmp/log; crontab /tmp/log; rm /tmp/log && /etc/rc.d/rc.syslogd restart

echo 192.168.1.33 unraid >>/etc/hosts
echo 192.168.1.35 HTPC >>/etc/hosts
echo 192.168.1.34 XBMC >>/etc/hosts
echo 192.168.1.37 MacBook-Air-de-Francisco >>/etc/hosts

I can remove the new go lines but I think mail notifications are important and next to SimpleFeatures increase several levels Unraid web-gui capabilities.

regards

----------

I try from CL and get an error, problem should be there.

root@unraid:/# sed -i '/Scheduled Parity Check/d' /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
root@unraid:/# sed -i '/cron=\"\"/d' /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
root@unraid:/# crontab -l > /tmp/log; echo '#Remove ioctl error from syslog' >> /tmp/log; echo '* */1 * * * sed -e "/.*sending\ ioctl.*/d" -e "/.*callbacks\ suppressed.*/d" -e "/.*last\ message.*/d" /var/log/syslog >tmp && mv tmp /var/log/syslog' >>/tmp/log; crontab /tmp/log; rm /tmp/log && /etc/rc.d/rc.syslogd restart
-bash: /etc/rc.d/rc.syslogd: No such file or directory
root@unraid:/# 

---------

EDIT2

run a syslogd restart from CL and syslog has 2 new lines.

root@unraid:/etc/rc.d# rc.syslog restart
Starting sysklogd daemons:  /usr/sbin/syslogd -m0 /usr/sbin/klogd -c 3 -x
root@unraid:/etc/rc.d# 

syslog after syslogd restart:

Sep 6 12:09:47 unraid syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
Sep 6 12:09:47 unraid kernel: klogd 1.4.1, log source = /proc/kmsg started.

No extra info in last minutes and I try several changes should be included in syslog.

----------

EDIT 3

I fount the typo in go

there is no "rc.syslogd" in /rc.d/. There is a "rc.syslog". I change and try...

It may be a good idea to remove it and live with the errors for now. It seems syslog isn't updating properly after running the command.

Yes, I couldn't make it work.

So, is there any problem living with a continuous growing error/lines in syslog for weeks between reboots?

Work apcupsd mail if SF mail is off?

Thanks

You can check to see if it is where SF is looking for it for starters. I haven't paid attention honestly, ill see if its missing for me. All in all a minor quibble

how do I check to see where SF is looking for it?  The file I put put in my \boot\extras directory is simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz

the log icon still isn't showing up...  anyone else have this problem?

From what I can tell yes. For future reference, when posting code or command like that, use the code button at the top of the post box. It wraps the code in [ code ] [ /code ] so it formats properly.

Like I mentioned earlier, you can run that in telnet by copying like you did, and right click in telnet to paste. It will add the cron now, otherwise it will not be added until you reboot.

Speeding ant, may I suggest you add that to the OP until you get a chance to rewrite the email script? Would allow users to continue to use the add on and not spam their syslog. Not a solution but a band-aid for the interim.

Thanks again, after adding these cron jobs, my syslog is very short and clean.  It's almost seems too short.

Thanks!  man, I didn't notice that it went off the screen when I did the copy/paste.  Let me try that again.

here is my go file;

#!/bin/bash

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

# /boot/unmenu/uu

# cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

unraid_notify start

crontab -l > /tmp/log; echo '#Remove ioctl error from syslog' >> /tmp/log; echo '* */1 * * * sed -e "/.*sending\ ioctl.*/d" -e "/.*callbacks\ suppressed.*/d" -e "/.*last\ message.*/d" /var/log/syslog >tmp && mv tmp /var/log/syslog' >>/tmp/log; crontab /tmp/log; rm /tmp/log

I just checked my syslog and you all are correct, the syslog doesn't update after making the change to the go file.  It is nice and short, but not updating after the inital boot.  I had to comment out that cronjob and it's now updating again. Of course we have tons of the stupid errors clogging up the syslog now, but at least I have a log again.

We need the SF email thing fixed, full stop.

By the way, it doesn't work that good anyway.  Before with unread email notificy, I would get updates when a parity check was running, now I get nothing but the "Tower is OK" emails.

I too would like to konw if I kill the email notiify, would apc email notifications still work, or would that kill that too?

the log icon still isn't showing up...  anyone else have this problem?

This was annoying me so I looked at the path for the broken log icon and it was pointing to

/plugins/simpleFeatures.logViewer/images/logs.png

That directory is actually in /usr/local/emhttp/

When I looked on my server, this file (and folder actually) wasn't there. I decided to copy another icon to this location and it worked fine. I used this command to steal an icon from elsewhere (you could choose any other icon you prefer, but this icon is used for logs elsewhere):

cp /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/images/default.png /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures.logViewer/images/logs.png

You may need to manually create the images subdirectory first. Note that I haven't rebooted yet to see if this will persist, and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't actually.

Should be an easy fix for the next version of the plugin.

I get very high CPU utilization on my client PC's web browser (Chrome and Safari) when using log viewer to see my syslog. It goes to 100% for 30-45 seconds while parsing or rendering this log. The smaller logs come up almost instantly. My uptime is only a few days and I haven't done much with the server (preclearing disks mostly right now), so the log is not very big at all. Syslog comes up instantly if I view it directly through the "utils" tab, but of course that's much less readable and defeats the purpose of the log viewer plugin! This is on a quad core i7 Macbook Pro, so I don't think it's a lack of horsepower on the client side!

By the way - thanks for a great plugin! SimpleFeatures is a huge upgrade over the default GUI and really adds polish to the unraid product as a whole.

I get very high CPU utilization on my client PC's web browser (Chrome and Safari) when using log viewer to see my syslog. It goes to 100% for 30-45 seconds while parsing or rendering this log. The smaller logs come up almost instantly. My uptime is only a few days and I haven't done much with the server (preclearing disks mostly right now), so the log is not very big at all. Syslog comes up instantly if I view it directly through the "utils" tab, but of course that's much less readable and defeats the purpose of the log viewer plugin! This is on a quad core i7 Macbook Pro, so I don't think it's a lack of horsepower on the client side!

By the way - thanks for a great plugin! SimpleFeatures is a huge upgrade over the default GUI and really adds polish to the unraid product as a whole.

When viewing the log via the "System Log" under utils don't you get it updating every second ???

I do therefore I can't use it because it refreshes every second and jumps back to the top (beginning) of the log.

When viewing the log via the "System Log" under utils don't you get it updating every second ???

I do therefore I can't use it because it refreshes every second and jumps back to the top (beginning) of the log.

Hmm that doesn't happen to me. Maybe that's a 5.0 vs 4.7 thing? I'm not necessarily saying that's a good alternative. I'm actually mostly why the log viewer plugin for simplefeatures takes so long to render the log and results in such high client CPU utilization.

• Squid locked this topic