"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Hi Speedingant

Your plugin looks awesome :)

The email plugin contains openssl 0.9.8r. I need a newer openssl for other stuff. Is there a chance you can supply a email-plugin without the openssl in the bundle?

I have had troubles just placing af plg or using an unmenu package to upgrade to another openssl, I think this package overwrites my other changes probably because of the order of package install.

Cheers Alex

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when will there be a new version to address the millons of syslog entries??  The email plugin is the cause of my syslog growing out of control.  It makes it hard to find what you need to see with all that junk in there.

Isn't everyone else seeing these entries in your syslog?

New version please!

when will there be a new version to address the millons of syslog entries??  The email plugin is the cause of my syslog growing out of control.  It makes it hard to find what you need to see with all that junk in there.

New version please!

Yeah, I deleted the email plugin to address that.  The logs were so spammed they were useless.

Getting these errors now:

Aug 22 22:36:01 Tower crond[1145]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 
Aug 22 22:36:01 Tower kernel: crond[14333]: segfault at b778451c ip b778451c sp bfd48848 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b7784000+1000] (Errors)
Aug 22 22:36:18 Tower logger: Wed Aug 22 22:34:17 BST 2012 - Hard Drives active, resetting counter
Aug 22 22:37:18 Tower logger: Wed Aug 22 22:34:17 BST 2012 - Hard Drives active, resetting counter
Aug 22 22:38:01 Tower crond[1145]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 
Aug 22 22:38:01 Tower kernel: crond[21612]: segfault at b778451c ip b778451c sp bfd48848 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b7784000+1000] (Errors)
Aug 22 22:38:19 Tower logger: Wed Aug 22 22:34:17 BST 2012 - Hard Drives active, resetting counter
Aug 22 22:39:19 Tower logger: Wed Aug 22 22:34:17 BST 2012 - Hard Drives active, resetting counter
Aug 22 22:40:01 Tower crond[1145]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 
Aug 22 22:40:01 Tower kernel: crond[21843]: segfault at b778451c ip b778451c sp bfd48848 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b7784000+1000] (Errors)
Aug 22 22:40:19 Tower logger: Wed Aug 22 22:34:17 BST 2012 - Hard Drives active, resetting counter
Aug 22 22:41:19 Tower logger: Wed Aug 22 22:34:17 BST 2012 - Hard Drives active, resetting counter
Aug 22 22:42:01 Tower crond[1145]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 
Aug 22 22:42:01 Tower kernel: crond[22230]: segfault at b778451c ip b778451c sp bfd48848 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b7784000+1000] (Errors)

Ideas?

Delete the every 2 min cron job and its ok!

New version please!

Yeah, I deleted the email plugin to address that.  The logs were so spammed they were useless.

Ok, but then you don't get any email notifications, which isn't good either.  the fat logs don't hurt anything ,just make it hard to find real errors.

We need an updated version that corrects this, where is the guy who developed it??

I get these errors non-stop,

1096: Aug 26 07:59:00 Tower kernel: scsi_verify_blk_ioctl: 32 callbacks suppressed

1095: Aug 26 07:57:59 Tower last message repeated 7 times

1094: Aug 26 07:57:59 Tower kernel: smartctl: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!

1093: Aug 26 07:57:59 Tower last message repeated 5 times

1092: Aug 26 07:57:52 Tower kernel: hdparm: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!

1091: Aug 26 07:57:52 Tower kernel: scsi_verify_blk_ioctl: 32 callbacks suppressed

1090: Aug 26 07:56:50 Tower last message repeated 7 times

1089: Aug 26 07:56:50 Tower kernel: smartctl: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!

1088: Aug 26 07:56:50 Tower last message repeated 5 times

1087: Aug 26 07:56:44 Tower kernel: hdparm: sending ioctl 2285 to a partition!

1086: Aug 26 07:56:44 Tower kernel: scsi_verify_blk_ioctl: 32 callbacks suppressed

Also, not so big of a deal, but the icon for "Logs" under "Utils" is just a big red X, as if it cannot find the icon.  All of my other icons look fine.

wtf?

Don't have time to fix this at the moment, will try and find some soon. The script I'm using to send emails was made by another person, and a full rewrite is needed to provide decent functionality. I'm considering depreciating this email plugin for a while until there is a decent alternative.

Thanks.

In the header, we have server, description, version, uptime etc....

Is it possible to add loadavg below uptime, I can find it in the template.php file and add the description on the left, but I can get it to populate $loadavg from /proc/loadavg and display it, and also center it in the header, it gets shoved down to the bottom.

Any other better .php coders than me have a solution......

Thanks

Myk

good point, sure would be nice if the guy who created this woudl just fix it

You have to remember, none of the people developing these plugins and addons get paid to do so. We do it for the love of the product. So when life gets a bit hectic, these add-ons will take a back burner.

I maintain a number of plugins, and while there are features I'd like to add and some bugs I'd like to squash, if between work and family I don't have much time to develop these, they get set aside until I do get time. I'm sure its the same for speeding ant.

That being said, you can set a cron to delete those lines every hour or however often you like to keep your syslog tidy and small until the issue can be resolved. If you'd like I can probably write it in so you can place it in your go file to add to cron every boot.

good point, sure would be nice if the guy who created this woudl just fix it

You have to remember, none of the people developing these plugins and addons get paid to do so. We do it for the love of the product. So when life gets a bit hectic, these add-ons will take a back burner.

I maintain a number of plugins, and while there are features I'd like to add and some bugs I'd like to squash, if between work and family I don't have much time to develop these, they get set aside until I do get time. I'm sure its the same for speeding ant.

That being said, you can set a cron to delete those lines every hour or however often you like to keep your syslog tidy and small until the issue can be resolved. If you'd like I can probably write it in so you can place it in your go file to add to cron every boot.

Understood and many thanks.  Given I'm not good at this stuff, yes please could you write that script?  I didn't know that was possible, but it sounds like a good short term fix until you have the time to work on this stuff.

thanks!

Understood and many thanks.  Given I'm not good at this stuff, yes please could you write that script?  I didn't know that was possible, but it sounds like a good short term fix until you have the time to work on this stuff.

thanks!

I added the following 2 lines at the end of my go script:

sed -i '/Scheduled Parity Check/d' /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
sed -i '/cron=\"\"/d' /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

they delete the lines in the crontab (for root) that contain the strings Scheduled Parity Check and cron=""

thanks!

I added the following 2 lines at the end of my go script:

they delete the lines in the crontab (for root) that contain the strings Scheduled Parity Check and cron=""

That works for that portion, the ioctl error is another issue.

For that you can add this to your go file, and can also c/p it in the console/telnet to add it now without having to reboot.

crontab -l > /tmp/log; echo '#Remove ioctl error from syslog' >> /tmp/log; echo '* */1 * * * sed -e "/.*sending\ ioctl.*/d" -e "/.*callbacks\ suppressed.*/d" -e "/.*last\ message.*/d" /var/log/syslog >tmp && mv tmp /var/log/syslog' >>/tmp/log; crontab /tmp/log; rm /tmp/log

You can change the * */1 * * * to run when you want, set like that it will run once every hour.

Thanks!  I will add those lines to my go script.

My go file looks like this now:

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

# /boot/unmenu/uu

# cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

unraid_notify start

crontab -l > /tmp/log; echo '#Remove ioctl error from syslog' >> /tmp/log; echo '* */1 * * * sed -e "/.*sending\ ioctl.*/d" -e "/.*callbacks\ suppressed.*/d" -e "/.*last\ message.*/d"

Does that look ok?

Thanks!

Thanks!  I will add those lines to my go script.

My go file looks like this now:

crontab -l > /tmp/log; echo '#Remove ioctl error from syslog' >> /tmp/log; echo '* */1 * * * sed -e "/.*sending\ ioctl.*/d" -e "/.*callbacks\ suppressed.*/d" -e "/.*last\ message.*/d"

Does that look ok?

Thanks!

NO.  You only got about half of the new command line. 

Thanks!  man, I didn't notice that it went off the screen when I did the copy/paste.  Let me try that again.

Where is my go file;

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

# /boot/unmenu/uu

# cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

unraid_notify start

crontab -l > /tmp/log; echo '#Remove ioctl error from syslog' >> /tmp/log; echo '* */1 * * * sed -e "/.*sending\ ioctl.*/d" -e "/.*callbacks\ suppressed.*/d" -e "/.*last\ message.*/d" /var/log/syslog >tmp && mv tmp /var/log/syslog' >>/tmp/log; crontab /tmp/log; rm /tmp/log

Now does that look ok?

From what I can tell yes. For future reference, when posting code or command like that, use the code button at the top of the post box. It wraps the code in [ code ] [ /code ] so it formats properly.

Like I mentioned earlier, you can run that in telnet by copying like you did, and right click in telnet to paste. It will add the cron now, otherwise it will not be added until you reboot.

Speeding ant, may I suggest you add that to the OP until you get a chance to rewrite the email script? Would allow users to continue to use the add on and not spam their syslog. Not a solution but a band-aid for the interim.

ok have

// server loadavg
var loadavg = 2.84 2.80 3.46 1/197 20647;

by using

// server loadavg
var loadavg = <?=exec('cat /proc/loadavg')?>;

but am not getting my loadavg to print out need help with following

<div class="block"><span class="text-left"><strong>
     Server<br/>
     Description<br/>
     Version<br/>
     LoadAvg<br/>
     Uptime
     </strong></span>
     <span class="text-right">
     <?=$var['NAME'].' -- '.$var['IPADDR']?><br/>
     <?=$var['COMMENT']?><br/>
     <?=$var['version']?><br/>
     <?=$var['loadavg']?><br/>
     <div id="uptime"></div>
     </span>
    </div>
   </div>

any suggestions please....

Myk

the fat logs don't hurt anything ,just make it hard to find real errors.

Depends on how long you run between reboots. Logs take up RAM, so eventually you will start running out and processes will be killed.

I assume logs get rotated if they grow over a certain size... and that this happens at runtime as well. So a log will never fill up your ram. Would be a great design fault if it did ;) Furthermore, the scripts presented here are only executed once, on boot... my server doesnt get rebooted that often. So what's the use?

• Squid locked this topic