LSI Controller FW updates IR/IT modes

hi could someone help me, I am a novice in these things, I need to flash a M1015 that you suggest I use exactly? what the bios install this tested and works correctly?, if you say me I have to do specifically that it will file I download would appreciate a lot,

I'm lost among so many post and so many versions

thank you very much from Spain

hi could someone help me, I am a novice in these things, I need to flash a M1015 that you suggest I use exactly? what the bios install this tested and works correctly?, if you say me I have to do specifically that it will file I download would appreciate a lot,

I'm lost among so many post and so many versions

thank you very much from Spain

I am fairly sure you are supposed to use the files and documentation on the first post... labeled: SAS2008

Yup, one or the other.  They are just different versions... I do not know why both versions are listed.

ok as I have understood these are are the latest versions:

LSI MegaRAID SAS2008 to (P10). Zip - 6.38 MB (DOS via bootable USB key)

LSI MegaRAID SAS2008 to (P11). Zip - 5.87 MB (DOS via bootable USB key)

its ok?

thanks a lot

Yup, one or the other.  They are just different versions... I do not know why both versions are listed.

ok as I have understood these are are the latest versions:

LSI MegaRAID SAS2008 to (P10). Zip - 6.38 MB (DOS via bootable USB key)

LSI MegaRAID SAS2008 to (P11). Zip - 5.87 MB (DOS via bootable USB key)

its ok?

thanks a lot

Yep, these are the right ones to flash a M1015 to LSI9211-8i IT mode.

I'd recommend P11 since it is newer....the actual Version is P13.

I am running P12 still on my cards.

Note:

AFTER you have successfully converted/flashed the M1015, it is no longer a M1015...it is a 9111-8i (well a 9110-8i actually).

So any further flashing, like going to P13 is to be done with the vanilla LSI2008 HBA procedures.

@sagatxxx: What motherboard are you going to use for flashing? Some are reported to produce a problem

Follow up ...

I did find the manual to this motherboard and see that is says both the PCIe slots are reserved for Graphics cards.  Wish I'd have know this was a potential problem before I bought the card.

Any thoughts on the links to potential replacements, or any other LGA 775 Core 2 Duo motherboards at Newegg that would work with the IBM ServeRAID M1015 would be appreciated.

The DFI LT X38-T2R does. You have to look on ebay though.

Succes! I just flashed 2 M1015 cards to IT mode with madburgs scripts using a EVGA X58 Classified.

Which firmware does the LSI 2008 need for 3 TB support and how to update to this new firmware?

Can such a update be done on any motherboard and possibly in a unraid/slackware telnet session?

Succes! I just flashed 2 M1015 cards to IT mode with madburgs scripts using a EVGA X58 Classified.

Which firmware does the LSI 2008 need for 3 TB support and how to update to this new firmware?

Can such a update be done on any motherboard and possibly in a unraid/slackware telnet session?

I believe that the p11 flash from the scripts support 3TB drives.  Not sure about 4TB...

I use a Supermicro X9SCM and boot to the UEFI shelll and i can flash with sas2flash.efi everyone.

Anything else you need to do with megaoem/rec/cli works with a dos boot.

I think this holds true for any UEFI bios.

Are both flash roms required flashed during sas2flash step for the controller to operate normally? 

Is it possible to flash the 2118IT image only.  I did this and my server boots much faster and the drive work with unraid.

I use a Supermicro X9SCM and boot to the UEFI shelll and i can flash with sas2flash.efi everyone.

Are both flash roms required flashed during sas2flash step for the controller to operate normally? 

Is it possible to flash the 2118IT image only.  I did this and my server boots much faster and the drive work with unraid.

Which sas2flash.efi version and which X9SCM BIOS do you use?

Believe it or not that is the official workaround for the PAL issue provided by LSI

http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle15807.aspx

i can confirm that the sas2flash.efi works on a Supermicro X9SCM-F booted into the UEFI shell. I used BIOS Revision R 2.0 x9scm2.508.zip.

I got stuck yesterday flashing my IBM M1015 using "LSI MegaRAID to SAS2008(P11).zip". The initial 3 steps worked fine, but step "5it" failed.

Steps "5it" and "6" I perform with sas2flash.efi.

Just flashed an IBM M1015 with the latest 9211 P13.5 IT firmware off LSI's site.  Went smooth, with no glitches.

Based on a comment on this blog I left off the MPTSAS2.ROM and only flashed in the firmware.  Boots straight in, without having to wait for the Option ROM.  I'm guessing in IT mode, I'm not really missing anything by not having the ROM.

Was hoping for a speed increase over the onboard SATA controller, but I guess it's more the disks that are throttling me:

Around 100MB/sec for Parity check

Around 28MB/sec for copying files over the network from a WinBlows 7 desktop, which drops to around 10MB/sec when the file is coming off a PATA drive with a PATA->SATA adapter.  :o  Gotta get rid of that drive.  ;D

Cheers,

Eddie

i can confirm that the sas2flash.efi works on a Supermicro X9SCM-F booted into the UEFI shell. I used BIOS Revision R 2.0 x9scm2.508.zip.

I got stuck yesterday flashing my IBM M1015 using "LSI MegaRAID to SAS2008(P11).zip". The initial 3 steps worked fine, but step "5it" failed.

Steps "5it" and "6" I perform with sas2flash.efi.

I tried that too with this result: What am I doing wrong?

sas2flash.png.5071b66a8160459f8b826d07aa5aba72.png

Hi,

Can you please exactly describe how you did that. Which BIOS version? Which sas2flash.efi version. I have a X9SCM-F but keep getting a chip is in RESET state, trying to boot host error.

sas2flash.png.f4fa279eabb1e20c99d0b016923f3176.png

Just flashed an IBM M1015 with the latest 9211 P13.5 IT firmware off LSI's site.  Went smooth, with no glitches.

Based on a comment on this blog I left off the MPTSAS2.ROM and only flashed in the firmware.  Boots straight in, without having to wait for the Option ROM.  I'm guessing in IT mode, I'm not really missing anything by not having the ROM.

Was hoping for a speed increase over the onboard SATA controller, but I guess it's more the disks that are throttling me:

Around 100MB/sec for Parity check

Around 28MB/sec for copying files over the network from a WinBlows 7 desktop, which drops to around 10MB/sec when the file is coming off a PATA drive with a PATA->SATA adapter.  :o  Gotta get rid of that drive.  ;D

Cheers,

Eddie

Those numbers are pretty good. It would be very hard for card slot to exceed the southbridge performance. The card has a few extra connections and the same drive interface.

Will this card work? Says its a LSI PCI Express ECL79747G

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=482338799

or I can get a BR10i for half the price

http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/servers/server-components/auction-480852354.htm

Seller clearly states it is a m1015 (in that link) so it is flashable. My 2 cents they want to much for something they have not tested and cannot guarantee if they will work.