LSI Controller FW updates IR/IT modes

The M1015s I'm selling are guaranteed to work or money back.  You must return the card to get your cash but I will replace or refund you cash if there's a problem and the factory warranty that is good until 11/2014 doesnt cover your problem - Sean

Will this card work? Says its a LSI PCI Express ECL79747G

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=482338799

or I can get a BR10i for half the price

http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/servers/server-components/auction-480852354.htm

Seller clearly states it is a m1015 (in that link) so it is flashable. My 2 cents they want to much for something they have not tested and cannot guarantee if they will work.

Successfully flashed - IBM ServeRAID M1015 to LSI MegaRAID to SAS2008(P11).zip IT mode on a Asus p5b deluxe

is this this the latest version of the firmware?

great directions, very easy to follow! 8)

P11 is old version for the firmware - the latest one is P13.5 - http://www.lsi.com/downloads/Public/Host%20Bus%20Adapters/Host%20Bus%20Adapters%20Common%20Files/SAS_SATA_6G_P13.5/9210_8i_Package_P13.5_IR_IT_Firmware_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows.zip

And as this is often read from other non Unraid users there is a newer firmware for 9240-8i mode as well - http://www.lsi.com/downloads/Public/MegaRAID%20Common%20Files/MERGED_20.10.1-0099_SAS_2008_FW_Image_APP-2.120.294-1580.zip

BTW - there are now PCIe 3.0 versions of these cards (based on SAS2308)

Looking for a windows or linux iso file to install to the unraid flash drive's boot menu so I can flash my IBM BR10i any ideas? The sasflash_x64/86 files need windows and the linux flavor needs certain drivers don't know which ones. I tried a copy of a UBCD4WIN cd iso I created a few years ago but it wouldn't boot. Did get get freedos to boot.

Reed

There just got to be a better way!!!

Maybe next time I'll try a a Usb cdrom drive with some sort of live cd.

Exactly what I was afraid of happened. Removed board to a windows system to flash. Flashed perfect. Installed,  congratulations you are the proud winner of a red ball! The cause a bad connection. Maybe I should have set the array not to auto start. I had problems with auto start a while back, too long ago to remember the version. Thought I remember reading about it may not be working or maybe not sticking at the moment.(Could be wrong hope I am. Does anyone know for sure?)

Any Ideas on how to power up and check to see if all the drives are readable  without creating any red balls. lf this off topic sorry, please fell free to move.

There just got to be a better way!!!

Maybe next time I'll try a a Usb cdrom drive with some sort of live cd.

Exactly what I was afraid of happened. Removed board to a windows system to flash. Flashed perfect. Installed,  congratulations you are the proud winner of a red ball! The cause a bad connection. Maybe I should have set the array not to auto start. I had problems with auto start a while back, too long ago to remember the version. Thought I remember reading about it may not be working or maybe not sticking at the moment.(Could be wrong hope I am. Does anyone know for sure?)

Any Ideas on how to power up and check to see if all the drives are readable  without creating any red balls. lf this off topic sorry, please fell free to move.

During boot the m1015 should list the drives or load its bios to check before unraid starta.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

I have just bought a IBM M1015 for my new unRAID server. As soon as I receive the card I am going to flash it the usual HBA FW - but!

If I one day want to use another OS than unRAID, say windows server 8 maybe, is there then anyway I can reverse the process and get back the original IBM RAID FW?

I have just bought a IBM M1015 for my new unRAID server. As soon as I receive the card I am going to flash it the usual HBA FW - but!

If I one day want to use another OS than unRAID, say windows server 8 maybe, is there then anyway I can reverse the process and get back the original IBM RAID FW?

Yes. The same way. Almost all the instructions tell you how.

Yes. The same way. Almost all the instructions tell you how.

Though as far as RAID cards go, its not the fastest.

Hi,

I picked up a BR10i and im trying to flash it to IT mode. Im using my Win7 x64 machine to do it.

I donwloaded FW:1.32.00.00, BIOS 6.34.00.00 / 20-DEC-10 (LSI P20) from the first page.

I successfully flashed but in Windows I still don't have any SMART data for drives attached to the BR10i. I assume it will be the same in unRAID when I build it.

Any ideas why I can't see the SMART data?