Parity drive and data drive giving me trouble

53 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

OK, now you can move the data to another disk in the array (or UD), like mentioned that disk won't mount in the array because Unraid would complain of an invalid partition.

So I can use the remaining drive I originally bought for parity and move the data to it, then use this disk as my parity drive correct? Otherwise I would have to order another disk as the 2 left in the array don't have enough free space.

8 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

FTFY.

Yes, I would request a new drive sent with proper packing. Take photos and record the S/N before you return it.

Amazon will be sending me a replacement. I don't have to ship the other one back before they ship the new one so I can't get the same one back thankfully.

The new drive arrived. I moved the data from the cloned disk to the drive and copied the data from the 500 GB drive too using Krusader and the videos on Youtube from Space Invader One. All went well. I then started a new config and set the first 3TB drive (the cloned drive) as my parity drive. The sync process has started so I should be back up and running! Huge thanks to @JorgeB and everyone else for getting me back up!!!  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, trurl said:
Serial Number:    WD-WX22DB0JVF7Z
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAGS    VALUE WORST THRESH FAIL RAW_VALUE
  9 Power_On_Hours          -O--CK   100   100   000    -    50
197 Current_Pending_Sector  -O--CK   196   196   000    -    2167

That is unacceptable for a new disk. Can you return it?

Yes. Can I just replace the drive and allow the data to be rebuilt from parity or should I clone the drive to a new one and then add it to the array?

If I could ask...

are you planning on using larger disks down the road? I would suggest moving to them sooner rather then later IMO. I at one time had a good number of 3tb and 5tb drives(around 8 at the time) all of them have died over time except for 2 5tb drives... These were mostly green and red drives, Since then I have moved to only 8tb enterprise drives, with a mixed bag of new and used drives. None of these drives have failed as of yet and im up to 14 of those...

So to sum it up... I would suggest 8tb enterprise drives the next time you are in the market ;)

1 hour ago, mathomas3 said:

If I could ask...

are you planning on using larger disks down the road? I would suggest moving to them sooner rather then later IMO. I at one time had a good number of 3tb and 5tb drives(around 8 at the time) all of them have died over time except for 2 5tb drives... These were mostly green and red drives, Since then I have moved to only 8tb enterprise drives, with a mixed bag of new and used drives. None of these drives have failed as of yet and im up to 14 of those...

So to sum it up... I would suggest 8tb enterprise drives the next time you are in the market ;)

This server has been in this same configuration for YEARS. I don't see myself needing larger disks, but things can always change. In all honesty I could probably get rid of half the data on this server and never miss it (mostly movies that we no longer watch on our HTPC because we can stream them from various services). Instead this server is mostly just a place to backup our other PCs.