[Support] kilrah/nextcloud-ffmpeg with pdlib

On 1/7/2024 at 8:09 AM, Kilrah said:

What's the problem? Logs doesn't seem wrong.

Config seems to be missing an entry for whatever URL you're using to access it in trusted_domains.

i get this error even with the update 

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

Every night i use the appdata-backup to stop, backup, check for updates and restart my nextcloud-ffmpeg container. Most of the mornings after i am greeted with an error explaining the data directory is readable by other users suggesting to change the folder permissions to 0770. The folder permissions as visible from within the container are drwxrwx---.

The only thing notices that has changed is the owner of the data folder(volume) in the docker container, when i change it back with chown www-data:www-data data (from within the container cli) the error goes away. Perhaps relevant: the data volume is mapped to a different share ("nextcloud").

Any suggestions on debugging this issue?

Thanks! I moved my data one folder deeper. I'll report back if it works

Update: after about a week and multiple tries to reproduce the problem everything is still working, moving the data one level deeper solved this issue:)

Edited by sinuz

Hello, 

Firstly, thanks for this container. I've been breaking my head since last week to get my videos to show thumbnails. 

So, hoping I can get this to work and resolve my pain.

Originally, I followed Spaceinvader One's tutorial on Youtube to setup Nextcloud with MariaDB and Swag. I got everything to work and synced my iPhone photos and videos with my server. However, my videos wouldn't show thumbnails. After spending close to a week, trying several troubleshooting methods with no success, I stumbled upon your container. So I thought I'd give this a shot. I got rid of everything I had previously done to start from scratch.

As in, I removed swag, mariadb and linuxserver's nextcloud containers as well as their respective appdata folders from unraid server. 

Now, I installed mariadb afresh and setup a DB there. I installed your container and just changed the port number to use 444 instead of the default 80 (since that's what I previously did following the tutorial and it worked for me). I was able to open the WebUI and I created a new admin account and also configured the MySQL/MariaDB within nextcloud. However, after selecting install, it took a little while and now it just shows this error on my browser when I try to access the Web UI:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

I looked into the Nextcloud-ffmpeg container logs and couldn't find much info there. At least none that I could understand with my limited knowledge. I am attaching the logs for your reference here. Note that I obscured the ip address to x.x.x.151. Only thing that didn't make sense to me was that IP address, as my Unraid server's IP is x.x.x.167, so not sure where the 151 comes from. 

Any suggestions to help me move into the next steps of my install would be greatly apprecited! 

Thanks in advance. 

Logs.txt

4 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Nothing looking wrong there, but did you set the trusted_domains in nc's config?

'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'x.x.x.167:444',
  ),

I did not, but it looks like it gets set automatically in config.php.

I found this discussion, where they say it could be due to "redis server". I have no idea if that could be related. Any thoughts on that ? Also, is there any place else where I could look for logs other than the container logs that I shared above ?

Seems like it could be an error with the database.

7 hours ago, cruzerkk said:

they say it could be due to "redis server". I have no idea if that could be related.

If you haven't enabled redis in the config yourself it shouldn't be related.

Edited by Kilrah
6 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Seems like it could be an error with the database.

Yeah. Looks like it is looking for a specific table and it is not finding it. 

"An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'nextcloud.oc_appconfig' doesn't exist"

Any idea where nextcloud.oc_appconfig is expected to be present or defined ? Also, I'm not facing this issue when using the linuxserver respository. Weird that I followed the exact same steps and seeing this error only in this repo. Is this something within the mariadb container?

I wonder if this has something to do with the /var directory being used. A couple of differences I noted between the linuxserver's container (which works) and this one is that:

1. When I opened the Nextcloud webUI for the first time and set up my admin credentials and mariadb info, the Data Folder provided was different. For the linuxserver repo it was just /data and for Kilrah's it was set to /var/www/html/data

2. Also , in the container settings I see that there is an extra setting for "App data" present with container path set to "/var/www/html" and Storage has container path "/var/www/html/data". 

I did not touch the /var directory when working with linuxserver's repo, as far as I remember. Could this be something ? Sharing screenshots for comparison of container settings

linuxserver:

1597456556_ScreenShot2024-01-22at9_41_48AM.thumb.png.30f4de341ed49d0126fd2aa141e3ef88.png

kilrah:

82160145_ScreenShot2024-01-22at9_42_02AM.thumb.png.15544289d1a19deca2101e1121123318.png

If you haven't enabled redis in the config yourself it shouldn't be related.

No, I haven't done anything with redis. So looks like that's ruled out obviously, in light of the Database error above.

i keep getting this error

"Your data directory is readable by other users. Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users."

but if i try to run the chmod 0770 /mnt/user/ command i cant even find my custom data directory even tho i clearly created it

if i change the data directory back to default i get this error

"Your data directory is invalid. Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory."

On 8/11/2022 at 4:00 PM, Kilrah said:

Performance tweaks

Using cache as appdata mountpoint

If you have an SSD cache and it is big enough to hold the appdata (up to about 2GB if you have the user data separate, depends on installed apps), it helps to set the Application data path to /mnt/cache/xxx instead of /mnt/user/xxx.

The template defaults to user for compatibility.

Using Redis

Using Redis for caching can improve browsing responsiveness pretty significantly.

I'm using the official container using the jj9987 template:

Install it, then add the following to your nextcloud config.php:

'memcache.distributed' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' => 
  array (
    'host' => 'server_ip',
    'port' => 6379,
    'password' => 'redis_password',
  ),

substituting IP / password as necessary.

I installed the official Redis docker container using the jj9987 template as mentioned above. Don't see an option to set password though. This is my first time working with redis. Can you guide here please ?

• 2 weeks later...

Having an issue with the cronjob container:

1. I installed the cronjob container.  Now my Admin overview gives the following error: 

It was not possible to execute the cron job via CLI. The following technical errors have appeared: - Your data directory is readable by other users. Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users.

Changing the data directory to 0770 says the directory is invalid when I restart the container and can't go anywhere...

Edited by diehardbattery
  • 3 weeks later...

First off, Thankyou @Kilrah for all your time and efforts on this version of NC and all the support you have provided!!!

Wondering if you may be able to give me some help. I'm and absolute begginer with all this.

I have the below error.

redirect.png.1771e63b2ecdb978dcfffd41eda8f1a1.png

Originally i had an issue with trusted domain so i added the trusted domain to my NC .config file 

I alos changed the overwite.cli entru but have since changed that back to 'https://000.000.0.0:448',

855239200_redirect3.thumb.png.77c7408845495e09ace5d6b391efb9bc.png

Im using Nginx proxy manager for the reverse proxy.

2131877210_redirect2.png.fca5f4d09e63770929ca7b3564596795.png

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Could be that overwrite.cli.url needs to be httpS://

I actually tried both ways.. I am either missing something or my unraid system in holding onto to data from previous installs...

since my last post above I have taken the following actions:

1. Deleted dockers: nextcloud-ffmpeg, Nginx Proxy Manager and Mariadb.

2. Run Appdata clean up.

3. Deleted my nextcloud share (using MC)

4. Used MC to check apdata is deleted.

Re-installed nextcloud-ffmpeg following Spaceinvaderone video.

I have the 502 bad gateway error.. I have tried the fix suggested in the video, it seems that my reverse proxy is not redirecting me to the nextcloud container.

1.thumb.PNG.396c4dd6e87a17132eea2f4966d760ef.PNG

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Edited by Daver1