unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta8d Available

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I have a severe problem. I switched a 2TB with a 3TB drive, but the rebuild doesn't work properly. I also can't put back the old drive because then unRaid tells me it is not big enough.

The 3TB disc has been pre cleared with the script in version 1.12.

Rebuild stops somewhere around 2.3 - 2.4TB (estimated).

Error log is attached.

Please help!!

Best wishes,

Chris

this does not look good:

Jul 12 21:20:15 Neon emhttp: shcmd (35): sgdisk -o -a 64 -n 1:64:0 /dev/sdi |& logger

Jul 12 21:20:15 Neon logger: sgdisk: error while loading shared libraries: libicuio.so.44: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Nor these:

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967296, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967304, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967312, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967320, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967328, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967336, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967344, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967352, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967360, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967368, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967376, limit=4294967295

Jul 13 07:50:32 Neon kernel: sdi1: rw=1, want=4294967384, limit=4294967295

I'm guessing the GPT partition was not created, so an MBR partition was, but it cannot be used for the full size of the drive...

Tom @ Lime-tech will need to guide you.    Send him an e-mail/PM

I saw in this thread somewhere that the unlicensed (free) version of 5.0 stopped working with one of the beta releases.  Is it still broken for 8d?

This is fixed in the 8d release.

Thanks...I didn't want to find out the hard way :)

Upgraded to beta8d from beta7 and all is working well, except for one thing that struck me as odd.  Perhaps it is correct, but I thought I'd post to make sure.

I was using a Seagate 2TB drive as disk13 in my setup, and wanted to pull the drive to use it in another machine, intending to replace it with a spare Western Digital 2TB I had lying around.  Rather than pre-clearing (drive is well burned in), I figured I would swap the drives and let the Data Rebuild take care of putting all the data back.  As a failsafe, I would keep the Seagate on my desk until the rebuild had completed correctly.

So upon restarting the server, I got the usual checkbox and Start Data Rebuild buttons.  Once clicked, the rebuild started, but I also the saw a box asking if I want to Format the drive, and the drive is listed as unformatted, even though the rebuild is proceeding correctly (I think!).

To understand what I am saying better, have a look at the screen capture attached to my post.

I don't know if this is a bug or feature, so maybe Tom (or someone else!) can enlighten me.  ???

Thanks for any help!

Daniel

rebuild.png.7dc998faac7081b4ffbf510858e4fcba.png

Hi all,

I have a severe problem. I switched a 2TB with a 3TB drive, but the rebuild doesn't work properly. I also can't put back the old drive because then unRaid tells me it is not big enough.

Error log is attached.

Please help!!

Best wishes,

Chris

Fixed this in -beta9

is the new disk number 13  empty? and never been used in Unraid?

Yes it was empty.  It had been part of a ZFS RAIDZ array from a previous test setup, but was dd'ed with zeros prior to being used.

correct me guys over here when i'am wrong,, - but when it was in a previous ZFS raid setup and zero'd ( you also get rid off the partions,, and the old filesystem?)

than UnRaid is correct,,, showing this disk 13 as unformatted in Unraids filesystem.

It needs to be formatted to the unraid filesystem and while there is nothing important on it,, Unraid only want's to format the unformatted disks present

I just upgraded from beta 7 to beta 8 and it seems to be working fine.  Only thing I did was copy bzimage and bzroot over.

1. However it booted right up, not in "STOPPED"  Is this OK?

2. Also do I need to rerun the permissions script?

3. Also this was checked by default, Is this ok

"Correct any Parity-Check errors by writing the Parity disk with corrected parity."

thanks

p.s.  I can't get into unmenu anymore

Hi all,

Error log is attached.

Please help!!

Best wishes,

Chris

Fixed this in -beta9

also, Tom... at least one person reported that they were attempting to add a partitioned drive, one with a file-system on it, as their parity drive. (on purpose as they were re-configuring) and unRAID would not let them.  they ended up having to zero its MBR and GPT first.

p.s. I can't get into unmenu anymore

To get the new version, log in via telnet and type:

cd /boot/unmenu

unmenu_install -u

then, you'll probably need to type:

killall awk

./uu

to start it.

The changes in this patched version are backwards compatible with prior 5.X and 4.X versions of unRAID.

Joe L.

p.s.  I can't get into unmenu anymore

To get the new version, log in via telnet and type:

cd /boot/unmenu

unmenu_install -u

then, you'll probably need to type:

killall awk

./uu

to start it.

The changes in this patched version are backwards compatible with prior 5.X and 4.X versions of unRAID.

Joe L.

Thanks that worked any idea about this

just upgraded from beta 7 to beta 8 and it seems to be working fine.  Only thing I did was copy bzimage and bzroot over.

1. However it booted right up, not in "STOPPED"  Is this OK?

2. Also do I need to rerun the permissions script?

3. Also this was checked by default, Is this ok

"Correct any Parity-Check errors by writing the Parity disk with corrected parity."

syslog attached

syslog-2011-07-13.txt.zip

Did you happen to run a parity check before replacing the drive?

Now that you mention it, one had run a couple of days prior, but not immediately before replacing the drive.  Last parity check had found no errors, if thats of any significance.

Hi all,

Error log is attached.

Please help!!

Best wishes,

Chris

Fixed this in -beta9

also, Tom... at least one person reported that they were attempting to add a partitioned drive, one with a file-system on it, as their parity drive. (on purpose as they were re-configuring) and unRAID would not let them.  they ended up having to zero its MBR and GPT first.

If you can remember which post, please provide link.

Did you happen to run a parity check before replacing the drive?

Now that you mention it, one had run a couple of days prior, but not immediately before replacing the drive.  Last parity check had found no errors, if thats of any significance.

During data rebuild system is using on-the-fly parity reconstruct to provide data for missing disk.  In your system log, mount is complaining it can't find the superblock for disk13 (or that it's invalid), so that leads me to think parity was not correct before starting this.

I have updated from 5b7 to 5b8b, and quickly to 5b8c

It would appear that the mover is not shifting files from the cache drive, either automatically or manually. If I activate the mover manually, I can see that the cache drive is being read and one of the data disks is being written to. however the reported space free of the data drive is not reducing.

Looking through this post I note that the mover script has been altered? For information my shares which use the cache drive are set to most free allocation method with a split level of 10

I am having this exact same issue.

Hi all,

Error log is attached.

Please help!!

Best wishes,

Chris

Fixed this in -beta9

the thread is here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=13845.0

Hi all,

Error log is attached.

Please help!!

Best wishes,

Chris

Fixed this in -beta9

the thread is here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=13845.0

and here is another: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12368.msg132091#msg132091