[Support] manuel-rw Docker Support thread

manrw

Just now, Keek Uras said:

Unfortunately no. The console opens for a few seconds and then disappears. I can resolve the FQDN from the console within unRAID but can't ping the IP. Both the server and my box are on the same network, so that makes no sense.

Oh, so you executed the commands on your PC / Laptop instead of Unraid in your first message?
If the Unraid machine can't ping the IP, it is pretty clear that something in your network is blocking access.
Since this is not related to the template, it is likely that you'll have to figure it out yourself:

- Is the IP being resolved from the FQDN the same on your Unraid as on your PC? If not that might be a problem.

- Do you have VLans / conditional routing for your devices?
- Do you have multiple subnets / DNS in your network?

Hi

I have tried to configure dash to show me the cpu temperature and I have not been able to.
It returns it as null, maybe I have to activate something extra?

First measurement [CPU]: [
  { load: 6.893626549931445, temp: null, core: 0 },
  { load: 7.102372554812386, temp: null, core: 1 },
  { load: 8.225768148118712, temp: null, core: 2 },
  { load: 8.077803989884176, temp: null, core: 3 },
  { load: 7.991069416730923, temp: null, core: 4 },
  { load: 8.120645597083334, temp: null, core: 5 },
  { load: 6.838010024724856, temp: null, core: 6 },
  { load: 6.763872420579488, temp: null, core: 7 },
  { load: 7.988652290680638, temp: null, core: 8 },
  { load: 8.0035458961278, temp: null, core: 9 },
  { load: 7.994452410674452, temp: null, core: 10 },
  { load: 8.095197943265667, temp: null, core: 11 }
]

22 hours ago, manrw said:

Oh, so you executed the commands on your PC / Laptop instead of Unraid in your first message?
If the Unraid machine can't ping the IP, it is pretty clear that something in your network is blocking access.
Since this is not related to the template, it is likely that you'll have to figure it out yourself:

- Is the IP being resolved from the FQDN the same on your Unraid as on your PC? If not that might be a problem.

- Do you have VLans / conditional routing for your devices?
- Do you have multiple subnets / DNS in your network?

It doesn't make sense that I can't reach it from unRAID but can on my local PC. They are on the same subnet, and there are no VLANs. No traffic egress is blocked on my network.

Neither the FQDN or the IP can be reached from unRAID. Both are reachable from my local PC and nslookup for the site works on both unRAID and my PC. I'm using quad 9 for primary DNS & cloudflare for backup DNS on my Firewalla.

Hello,

Having 2 issues. 

1: When I change the port, the docker does not launch with the new port number. 3001 is already used by another service. When I change it to 3005 in the WebUI field, it still launches with 3001.

2. When I add the ,gpu tag in the advanced settings, it just hangs after the speed test. No further information available.

EDIT:

Actually it looks like after a minute or two of running the whole dashboard dies: (regardless of GPU or not)
image.thumb.png.5318162e5def02c8c45fac1eafbf0319.png

Edited by Cody Peters
updates
9 hours ago, Cody Peters said:

Hello,

Having 2 issues. 

1: When I change the port, the docker does not launch with the new port number. 3001 is already used by another service. When I change it to 3005 in the WebUI field, it still launches with 3001.

2. When I add the ,gpu tag in the advanced settings, it just hangs after the speed test. No further information available.

EDIT:

Actually it looks like after a minute or two of running the whole dashboard dies: (regardless of GPU or not)
image.thumb.png.5318162e5def02c8c45fac1eafbf0319.png

I assume you're talking about Dash.?

1. As mentioned by @JonathanM, Dash. will always run on the same goal. By using the bridge network mode, you can expose the traffic to a different port outside. Ensure that you've set bridge as network mode and check your port definition (https://github.com/manuel-rw/unraid-templates/blob/af4ed47281c724abf3f0c5358387d58276591e8c/templates/dashdot/dashdot.xml#L36)

2. This support thread is only for issues related to the Docker template. This sounds like an application related issue - therefore please report it to Dash. itself: https://github.com/MauriceNino/dashdot

13 hours ago, manrw said:

I assume you're talking about Dash.?

1. As mentioned by @JonathanM, Dash. will always run on the same goal. By using the bridge network mode, you can expose the traffic to a different port outside. Ensure that you've set bridge as network mode and check your port definition (https://github.com/manuel-rw/unraid-templates/blob/af4ed47281c724abf3f0c5358387d58276591e8c/templates/dashdot/dashdot.xml#L36)

2. This support thread is only for issues related to the Docker template. This sounds like an application related issue - therefore please report it to Dash. itself: https://github.com/MauriceNino/dashdot

Running in bridge mode is not an option. I need to specify the network segment. Is there no workaround aside from being forced to use the listed port. In all fairness, I would argue this is a template issue as its not enforcing the port change to the underlying software. Why have a webui port option if it does not work, regardless of network mode. 

To confirm, I am not using "bridge" mode. I am trying to use the custom br interfaces, not the host interface.

Edited by Cody Peters

Got it. Yes, it is possible. I'll adjust the template then...

https://getdashdot.com/docs/config/features#dashdot_port

Why have a webui port option if it does not work, regardless of network mode. 

It is not. Other Unraid templates have the same issue. Unraid templates are sadly complex enough to create such behaviour. However, I can add the option to configure the Dash. port.

Edited by manrw
18 hours ago, manrw said:

Got it. Yes, it is possible. I'll adjust the template then...

https://getdashdot.com/docs/config/features#dashdot_port

It is not. Other Unraid templates have the same issue. Unraid templates are sadly complex enough to create such behaviour. However, I can add the option to configure the Dash. port.

Awesome, thanks. Looking forward to the update.

As for the GPU thing, it looks like its not actually implemented yet from Dash. The creator wants to, but is not able to test/invest the time into it and is asking for community assistance. 

On 10/10/2023 at 12:15 PM, Keek Uras said:

It doesn't make sense that I can't reach it from unRAID but can on my local PC. They are on the same subnet, and there are no VLANs. No traffic egress is blocked on my network.

Neither the FQDN or the IP can be reached from unRAID. Both are reachable from my local PC and nslookup for the site works on both unRAID and my PC. I'm using quad 9 for primary DNS & cloudflare for backup DNS on my Firewalla.

Sorry for the delay. I finally figured out the issue. The IP was offered up as malware on my Firewall and I had blocked it, not recognizing the IP. After removing the block, I can now access it.

Hi @manrw,

I have a question about routing traffic through

another container while using slskd.

Because I live in the Netherlands, I would like to route that docker through a VPN container.

In my opinion I routed it just like other apps with "--net=container:GluetunVPN" as Extra argument.

But still, that doesnt work for me.

I get the following error(s):

[07:27:14 WRN] Failed to check version: Failed to retrieve latest release version from GitHub: Resource temporarily unavailable (api.github.com:443)
[07:27:14 FTL] Application terminated unexpectedly
Soulseek.AddressException: Failed to resolve address '': Resource temporarily unavailable
 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (00000001, 11): Resource temporarily unavailable

Is it possible at all to route the traffic of slskd through a VPN container, and is it really needed here?

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!

On 10/21/2023 at 7:31 AM, rikdegraaff said:

Hi @manrw,

I have a question about routing traffic through

another container while using slskd.

Because I live in the Netherlands, I would like to route that docker through a VPN container.

In my opinion I routed it just like other apps with "--net=container:GluetunVPN" as Extra argument.

But still, that doesnt work for me.

I get the following error(s):

[07:27:14 WRN] Failed to check version: Failed to retrieve latest release version from GitHub: Resource temporarily unavailable (api.github.com:443)
[07:27:14 FTL] Application terminated unexpectedly
Soulseek.AddressException: Failed to resolve address '': Resource temporarily unavailable
 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (00000001, 11): Resource temporarily unavailable

Is it possible at all to route the traffic of slskd through a VPN container, and is it really needed here?

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, thanks for the question.
Using a VPN should be a viable solution with Soulseek - it is P2P after all.
However, the trolls seem to be much less of a problem compared to Torrent.
Ultimately, it's up to you if you want to use a VPN. You should also take into account that your VPN provider might not allow P2P for certain plans or prohibit it.
Less reputable providers will also often keep logs and records of your traffic - so using a VPN doesn't necessarily "hide" you.

Ensure, that you selected the network mode "none" in the dropdown and "--net=container:GluetunVPN" in the extra arguments.
The log you posted indicates, that it can't connect to api.github.com nor to Soulseek. I'd suggest you to use ping, wget, curl different hostnames to check your connectivity.
You can also try to use a different DNS server - like Quad9, Cloudflare or others that are less censored.

On 10/21/2023 at 12:40 AM, Keek Uras said:

I've tried adding my folders to slskd using this info: https://github.com/slskd/slskd/blob/master/docs/docker.md and adding them as variables does not work. I've also added them as paths, that doesn't work either. When I log into the app and go into shares, I see this (screenshot):

If I rescan shares, it finds nothing. Any suggestions?

image.png

This is out of scope of the template - but I'll try to help you.

Ensure that you configured the YAML with the appropriate paths:

shares:
  directories: - /music

Note: This path must be the inner mountpoint of your container.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, manrw said:

Using a VPN should be a viable solution with Soulseek - it is P2P after all.
However, the trolls seem to be much less of a problem compared to Torrent.
Ultimately, it's up to you if you want to use a VPN. You should also take into account that your VPN provider might not allow P2P for certain plans or prohibit it.
Less reputable providers will also often keep logs and records of your traffic - so using a VPN doesn't necessarily "hide" you.

Ensure, that you selected the network mode "none" in the dropdown and "--net=container:GluetunVPN" in the extra arguments.
The log you posted indicates, that it can't connect to api.github.com nor to Soulseek. I'd suggest you to use ping, wget, curl different hostnames to check your connectivity.
You can also try to use a different DNS server - like Quad9, Cloudflare or others that are less censored.

The weird thing is that is stops so quickly after starting, I don't have the chance to check in the console.

I know that the dockers connectivity is the issue, cause when on bridge without VPN it is working.

But what is wrong with the config, I mean other dockers do work while routed through Gluetun.

What can I do to change the dns? And where.
Sorry for all the questions but I'm a beginner using docker.

20 minutes ago, manrw said:

This is out of scope of the template - but I'll try to help you.

Ensure that you configured the YAML with the appropriate paths:

shares:
  directories: - /music

Note: This path must be the inner mountpoint of your container.

Thanks. I decided to go back tot he SoulseekQt docker which just works.

On 10/20/2023 at 6:49 AM, Cody Peters said:

Awesome, thanks. Looking forward to the update.

As for the GPU thing, it looks like its not actually implemented yet from Dash. The creator wants to, but is not able to test/invest the time into it and is asking for community assistance. 

I updated the template: https://github.com/manuel-rw/unraid-templates/pull/9

It may take multiple hours to update on your server. To update, you must completely remove the container and add it again from the app store.
Let me know if this resolves your issue.

5 hours ago, rikdegraaff said:

The weird thing is that is stops so quickly after starting, I don't have the chance to check in the console.

I know that the dockers connectivity is the issue, cause when on bridge without VPN it is working.

But what is wrong with the config, I mean other dockers do work while routed through Gluetun.

What can I do to change the dns? And where.
Sorry for all the questions but I'm a beginner using docker.

What does the log show? The latest log should still be available, even after the container stopped.
Alternatively, you can view the log using the CLI and the command "docker container logs <container-id>".
You can change the DNS in multiple ways in Docker. But let's see what the log says first and then we can troubleshoot more precise.

Warning: The log may contain information, that you don't want to show. Make sure to remove any information you don't want to post. Binding other containers to a container's network can be a bit finicky in Unraid sometimes. So just try out and see what sticks :)

Edited by manrw
14 hours ago, manrw said:

I updated the template: https://github.com/manuel-rw/unraid-templates/pull/9

It may take multiple hours to update on your server. To update, you must completely remove the container and add it again from the app store.
Let me know if this resolves your issue.

What does the log show? The latest log should still be available, even after the container stopped.
Alternatively, you can view the log using the CLI and the command "docker container logs <container-id>".
You can change the DNS in multiple ways in Docker. But let's see what the log says first and then we can troubleshoot more precise.

Warning: The log may contain information, that you don't want to show. Make sure to remove any information you don't want to post. Binding other containers to a container's network can be a bit finicky in Unraid sometimes. So just try out and see what sticks :)

Hi @manrw,

Here I've attached the full log of the slskd docker in txt format.

It doesn't say much, to me, but maybe to you it is a lot clearer.

I hope you can help me out with this one, I would love to use Slsdk via Unraid.

Kind Regards!

log_slskd.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Notice regarding breaking changes in Homarr version 0.14

Version 0.14 has introduced breaking changes. They are documented here:

https://homarr.dev/blog/2023/11/10/authentication#breaking-changes

The template has already been updated. You manually need to adjust your existing container if you installed before the update.
The required mounting path is /data in the container. New installations with the template require no manual steps.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed SLSKD and it works great! However, if I launch the WebUI via unRaid, browser URL field is blank and nothing loads. However entering the IP:PORT in the browser works. I am routing the container through another for VPN. In the VPN container I have added both the HTTP & HTTPS ports indicated in the SLSKD template. I'm sure I'm overlooking something basic in my config.

What port are you using to expose it? Unraid's implementation expects either the default value I set or the configured in the template.

If you remove the port, this won't work anymore.

See:

https://github.com/manuel-rw/unraid-templates/blob/0e10a06b6a2c36604ce57faafe7b5e9f6b987dcc/templates/slskd/slskd.xml#L30

https://github.com/manuel-rw/unraid-templates/blob/0e10a06b6a2c36604ce57faafe7b5e9f6b987dcc/templates/slskd/slskd.xml#L14

You can enter advanced mode (I think it's not visible in standard) and manually change Web UI to the desired value.

8 hours ago, VelcroBP said:

I am using the default.

Oddly enough, I upgraded unRaid last night from v6.11.5 to v6.12.4, and now it is working as expected. 

Loving the container!

Ok, that's weird. But I'm not going to complain then. If you like the app make sure to let the authors know. As a reminder, I am only the creator of the Unraid template and did therefore not write any of the applications code (except Homarr and the Discord bot).

Hey I can't get any of the plex type widgets to work as they get an SSL error.

Any idea of anything I can change in this templates settings?

Non of my locally hosted containers have authenticated SSL as running locally. 

If there is a simple way to change this & keep them locally Accessed on unraid I may change it to stop the browser warnings.

wget 192.168.22.2:32400 in homarr gives this:100954942_Screenshot2023-12-01at14_13_16.thumb.png.08665e0c3997fbabf12612612b791835.png

I have plex with strict SSL on. 

Edited by dopeytree