Fix to a small issue with updating OCI docker images

There are multiple common image repositories, for example linuxserver uses their own, dockerhub is common, github is common...

If you can see the failing ones are mostly or mostly not a specific source then that points to the issue being either the service in question or your ability to connect to it.

Also seeing this happen again within the last few days. Still on 6.11.5, had the issue a few weeks ago and applied the patch as described previously in this thread. But about a week ago container versions started sporadically disappearing and becoming "not available" on the ui again. No pattern. Different maintainers on each image and everything. No funky DNS settings or anything either. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin made... some of the update links work again. Some are still showing not available. 

Edited by MaxAbsorbency
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this issue to, seems very random, not available at random times on random dockers.

My uneducated guess is that docker is limiting the amount of requests it takes from a client, and if you have too many dockers and do a check it will flood their system and it will block some of the requests ending up in not available, none of the fixes in this thread solved my issue, it randomly comes up as not available at random dockers at random times.

I cannot use squids patch because i am on an old version, for now i have to live with it.

7 hours ago, je82 said:

I have this issue to, seems very random, not available at random times on random dockers.

My uneducated guess is that docker is limiting the amount of requests it takes from a client, and if you have too many dockers and do a check it will flood their system and it will block some of the requests ending up in not available, none of the fixes in this thread solved my issue, it randomly comes up as not available at random dockers at random times.

I cannot use squids patch because i am on an old version, for now i have to live with it.

That was a change implemented a couple years ago

"For anonymous users, the rate limit is set to 100 pulls per 6 hours per IP address."  And an update check qualifies as a pull request.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are the apps from Community Applications.  The question marks for icons however speaks volumes if they are from CA.  It basically means that most likely your server cannot reach the internet properly (Try setting static DNS addresses in Settings - Network settings) or could also be a corrupt docker image

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Are the apps from Community Applications.  The question marks for icons however speaks volumes if they are from CA.  It basically means that most likely your server cannot reach the internet properly (Try setting static DNS addresses in Settings - Network settings) or could also be a corrupt docker image

I deploy everything from CA, as I am not a skill docker tech ( I have sys ad skills, just not in docker )  I was orginally having issues with Plex then I restarted the entire unraid system, and everything came up like not available.

I put unraid in an emergency firewall allow with in my firewalla to make sure something ad block wise wasn't blocking any reach out attempts

I am not showing any blocks for unraid at the FW level. 

Edited by sstretchh
  • 1 month later...

Is this still required with v6.12.6? I am seeing the issue for many docker containers.

Interesting side-note, if I create a new instance of a container that says "Update not available", the new instance is able to update. Even though the older one still cannot.

4 minutes ago, donatobox said:

Is this still required with v6.12.6?

No.

4 minutes ago, donatobox said:

I am seeing the issue for many docker containers.

Check these container's docs, several maintainers have been changing repos lately e.g. from dockerhub to github.

Edited by Kilrah
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 5:13 AM, Kilrah said:

Check these container's docs, several maintainers have been changing repos lately

I now have two containers that are displaying Not Available on the version. Both containers still appear to be using their previously defined repo too. Anything else that can help resolve this? I am on 6.12.6, so the patch is not an option either.

• 1 month later...

I just install on my Unraid 6.12.6. When i login i face an error:

Init Problem

There was a problem loading init data:
Unauthorized

The credentials must be right. When modifing username password a bit i will get a error right on the login form.
Instead the dialog with many questions appear and when finish i ll be taken the main page. But the loading does not stop instead i get the error above.

Nothing in the logs at this point.