waiting up to 30 seconds for device with label UNRAID to come online...

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I suddenly have this exact issue! A VM caused unRAID to crash (AGAIN!!!) and now it won't boot!! I've tried 4 different sticks (1 Intenseo blue USB2, 2 Sandisk Cruzer Blades USB2 and 1 Kingston Datatraveller USB3) no idea what caused this, it's not happened before and not sure what to try next? ☹️ now stuck without a server!

7A6EE176-954E-462D-90AF-D455625A14C1.jpeg

Edited by MothyTim
Added image
Just now, JorgeB said:

Was any of those using a stock install or all using your existing config? If the former try a USB with a stock install, no key needed, just to see if the problem is config related.

Hi, yes one of them was a stock install of 6.12.4, I was looking for 6.9.2 to try that as a previous poster hade said but can't find it anymore to download?

Ok after much testing, the server has a pcie usb card, so I tried plugging stick into that and it booted but with 169 ip address so couldn't connect! I remembered that the usb card was bound to vfio, so shutdown pulled the stick plugged it into my mac and found the vfio config deleted the bindings and put it back in server booted up and it works! Had to re-plug coral device and ups to the card as well to get them working! So far so good, it seems something has happened to the motherboard usb!! Thanks for your help :)

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I just ran into this same problem using a Sandisk USB drive that I had previously used as a boot disk for ESXI .  After many  formating and manual install attempts I finally got the drive to work by completely removing the existing partition from the drive using Windows diskpart command.  I then reformatted the drive to FAT32 and a manual install was succcessful.  I found a guide on Diskpart here:

https://community.spiceworks.com/t/how-to-delete-partition-on-usb-thumb-drive/78322/3

Bruce